There are 304 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Deion Sanders will speak about Crabtree (Interview set for NFL GameDay)

• SixRingsOneTeam
  • Info N/A
If Deion has any sense whatsoever, which I doubt he does, he needs to stay away from these young players. When he's asked if he had any involvement with these guys in wrong doing he states - No man, I sleep great at night. I can flip over the pillow at 4am and go back to sleep on the cold side...

I almost wish we never had Deion play for us. I know he got a ring and all but man, I don't like this guy nor do I believe him for a second.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Hmm...He says that the 49ers told Parker two teams wanted to trade for Crabtree but they were not trading him.So, he is confused why the 49ers have filed Tampering charges.

This sounds like a bunch of crap to me. He is not gonna say anything to help the tampering charges.

That made no sense. I'll bet that the Niners brass NEVER told Parker that other teams wanted to trade for him.

They just glossed over it . . . porobably on orders from Park Ave.
So what Deion is saying is the niners told Parker " We like Crabtree so much because two teams are trying to trade for him and we said no. Nevermind that by telling you this we lose ground in negotiations."
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I still don't understand what Deion and the NFL are hoping to accomplish with this interview. It just sounds like they are adding more damage for Deion.

I think the NFL wants Deion to redeem himself for babbling too much, or false information on national TV. Looks like its backfiring. He might not be back.
I thought La Confora was going to throw some softballs and basically lead Deion to the "preferred" answers (which he did for the first part of the Crabtree interview- I missed the Dez part), but Deion kept babbling on and on. Someone will have an entire transcript in about 30 min.
To begin with, I really doubt the Niners told Parker that they had trade offers.

Why would they?
I thought La Confora was going to throw some softballs and basically lead Deion to the "preferred" answers (which he did for the first part of the Crabtree interview- I missed the Dez part), but Deion kept babbling on and on. Someone will have an entire transcript in about 30 min.

I suspect Florio will have it up soon and a few words to go with it. Say what you want about PFT but right now they are our best friend
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
To begin with, I really doubt the Niners told Parker that they had trade offers.

Why would they?

There would be absolutely no logical reason for that. Telling them they had trade offers from teams willing to offer more money than us would make him harder to sign or trade.
Deion heard it from Parker there's 2 team willing to paid for Crabtree. The part about Parker heard it from the Niners sounds BS from Deion to cover his and Parker's ass.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Why would they?

There would be absolutely no logical reason for that. Telling them they had trade offers from teams willing to offer more money than us would make him harder to sign or trade.

We need to see the reaction from niner headquarters. Deion is trying to cover up his mess by LYING!
If what Deion says is true, then the 49ers tampered with their own pick.
Originally posted by TheCatch:
I still don't understand what Deion and the NFL are hoping to accomplish with this interview. It just sounds like they are adding more damage for Deion.

I think the NFL wants Deion to redeem himself for babbling too much, or false information on national TV. Looks like its backfiring. He might not be back.

I think its the opposite. I think the NFL is giving Deon just enough rope to hang himself. They must know he's not bright enough to be in national spotlight and hold up to scrutiny. As far as his defense to the tampering allegations....any competent person would obviously know he's lying. It makes no business sense to give your opponent the leverage he needs to hold out like they did. There is no way in a million years any GM would tell an agent there is a team that would pay more for his clients services than is currently on the table. Dumb,dumb,dumb I say!!! Nfl set him up and he took the bait
Originally posted by kezar49er:

I suspect Florio will have it up soon and a few words to go with it. Say what you want about PFT but right now they are our best friend

I hear you bro. Florio is gonna be all over this. hes been calling Deion out since a while back.

oh and as mayo likes to say... "Go. noodle arm, Go!"
I know if I was negotiating Crabtree's contract the first thing I would do is offer $20 million and at the same time tell him I know of 2 other teams that would give him twice as much.

It is a standard negotiating technique.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
If what Deion says is true, then the 49ers tampered with their own pick.

That's a paddlin' for Niner's brass.

[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Oct 11, 2009 at 08:52:34 ]