There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Heirs to the throne?

"He spends the most time with fellow rookie Nate Davis, who appears to be his best friend on the team. Those who take part in Fantasy Football keeper leagues might want to take note."
--Matt Barrows, 49ers Blog and Q&A

Well, look who's becoming BFFs...why did I just say that?

Seriously though, ponder that for a moment while I humbly eat my own crow. While trying to find ways to blast Crabtree, Crabgreed at the time, I also found myself thinking whether Nate and Michael would start to practice together once he signed the dotted line. Imagine, Nate's innate skills coupled with Crabtree's...nice, isn't it? I thought that maybe these two will get a chance to build the next succession of players...Hill and Bruce out, Davis and Crabtree in. Even though it maybe a year or two before its flourishes, the thought deserves contemplation.

This thought process leads me to believe that both of these youngsters have an incredible opportunity ahead of them. Both have huge chips on their shoulders screaming, "Go ahead, I dare you!" Crabtree's chip embodies his distaste for where he was picked after the ball-dropping DHB. On the other hand of opportunity, Nate had to swallow so much as many pegged him as a failure in the NFL due to his learning disability. Now, they have a chance to prove everyone wrong, together. That is a very powerful thing in itself.

Imagine where both will create and maintain one of the most important aspects in any QB/WR relationship: Chemistry. This chemistry will provide a solid foundation from which to build. If in just a two days Barrows can point that out, then it must be obviously to those who pay attention...obviously, Matt does. That obvious outward show of camaraderie together only allows Nate and Michael to become closer.

Do you guys think the same way or am I just in la la land? I mean these two have an incredible opportunity under the Coach. These youngsters need that strong coach, father, mentor type in this day and age to keep them in line and foster their growth and maturity to know how to become successful, respected men. I know...La la la Singletary's greatness, but the fact is he has a natural knack for reaching his audience. In this case, it is his players.

So what do you think? Will Nate continue on his rise up the ranks or will we get another QB in the draft that null and voids this post? Or will Nate continue on that rise and become our future QB throwing to his future #1 WR?

Time will tell, but I for one look forward to this developing story.

Go 49ers!

[ Edited by ninertico on Oct 9, 2009 at 15:52:59 ]
"I tell you something a little funny. The other day when he first got here, he went out and he ran a route. And he really put a lot into that route. I mean, it was great moves, excellent route. And at this level, the cornerbacks sometime read the quarterback and they know what the route is. So Nate (Clements) just let him go ahead and do his stuff and the next thing you know (Crabtree) had turned around for the ball and Nate was catching the ball. So Crabtree kind of turned around and said, 'How did that happen? I know that was a great move.' In college that worked. But that was funny to see that. He knows this is another level. It is different."

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
"I tell you something a little funny. The other day when he first got here, he went out and he ran a route. And he really put a lot into that route. I mean, it was great moves, excellent route. And at this level, the cornerbacks sometime read the quarterback and they know what the route is. So Nate (Clements) just let him go ahead and do his stuff and the next thing you know (Crabtree) had turned around for the ball and Nate was catching the ball. So Crabtree kind of turned around and said, 'How did that happen? I know that was a great move.' In college that worked. But that was funny to see that. He knows this is another level. It is different."


Take a look at the vid on 49ers.com of Singletary's press conference. He smiles while saying the bold. Crabtree, welcome to the NFL...Nate Clements nontheless...



Poignant, no?
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
"I tell you something a little funny. The other day when he first got here, he went out and he ran a route. And he really put a lot into that route. I mean, it was great moves, excellent route. And at this level, the cornerbacks sometime read the quarterback and they know what the route is. So Nate (Clements) just let him go ahead and do his stuff and the next thing you know (Crabtree) had turned around for the ball and Nate was catching the ball. So Crabtree kind of turned around and said, 'How did that happen? I know that was a great move.' In college that worked. But that was funny to see that. He knows this is another level. It is different."


Take a look at the vid on 49ers.com of Singletary's press conference. He smiles while saying the bold. Crabtree, welcome to the NFL...Nate Clements nontheless...



Poignant, no?

Well at least he is smart enough to know to get tight with Davis and not Smith. It was an eye opener for Crab, but it is also telling of Smith that Clements didn't even bother with all the jukes cause Smith is so predictable. Also this is where precise route running is important.
I'd love to see Davis and Crabtree grow into top performers over the next five seasons. I wonder if Davis will show enough through a full season on the roster for McCloughan & Company to shy away from selecting a QB early in the 2010 draft.

I hope so.

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Oct 9, 2009 at 16:02:37 ]
Nate Davis=The next Joe Montana according to the zone lol
  • Imfasterrthanurr
  • Info N/A
Well written, sir.

I'm sure grammar police around here will agree
  • brandonjg
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ninertico:
"He spends the most time with fellow rookie Nate Davis, who appears to be his best friend on the team. Those who take part in Fantasy Football keeper leagues might want to take note."
--Matt Barrows, 49ers Blog and Q&A

Well, look who's becoming BFFs...why did I just say that?

Seriously though, ponder that for a moment while I humbly eat my own crow. While trying to find ways to blast Crabtree, Crabgreed at the time, I also found myself thinking whether Nate and Michael would start to practice together once he signed the dotted line. Imagine, Nate's innate skills coupled with Crabtree's...nice, isn't it? I thought that maybe these two will get a chance to build the next succession of players...Hill and Bruce out, Davis and Crabtree in. Even though it maybe a year or two before its flourishes, the thought deserves contemplation.

This thought process leads me to believe that both of these youngsters have an incredible opportunity ahead of them. Both have huge chips on their shoulders screaming, "Go ahead, I dare you!" Crabtree's chip embodies his distaste for where he was picked after the ball-dropping DHB. On the other hand of opportunity, Nate had to swallow so much as many pegged him as a failure in the NFL due to his learning disability. Now, they have a chance to prove everyone wrong, together. That is a very powerful thing in itself.

Imagine where both will create and maintain one of the most important aspects in any QB/WR relationship: Chemistry. This chemistry will provide a solid foundation from which to build. If in just a two days Barrows can point that out, then it must be obviously to those who pay attention...obviously, Matt does. That obvious outward show of camaraderie together only allows Nate and Michael to become closer.

Do you guys think the same way or am I just in la la land? I mean these two have an incredible opportunity under the Coach. These youngsters need that strong coach, father, mentor type in this day and age to keep them in line and foster their growth and maturity to know how to become successful, respected men. I know...La la la Singletary's greatness, but the fact is he has a natural knack for reaching his audience. In this case, it is his players.

So what do you think? Will Nate continue on his rise up the ranks or will we get another QB in the draft that null and voids this post? Or will Nate continue on that rise and become our future QB throwing to his future #1 WR?

Time will tell, but I for one look forward to this developing story.

Go 49ers!

Heir to the lawn chair?
Originally posted by King49er:
Nate Davis=The next Joe Montana according to the zone lol

Really, King? Haven't really read many of those kinds of posts, I am not even close to implying that as I would stab myself six times if I did.

Too much too soon. Fine. I also was blasted last year when I predicted to all my Niner friends that Singletary will become one of the great ones. I predict that Nate Davis will eventually become our starter as long as he is healthy. Just makes sense given just the sample we have seen from him this preseason. Hell, he shown more in this preseason, than poor Alex in his first season...just the way it is.

Those who are disillusioned to believe that Nate will be the next Montana have way to high of an expectation. I expect this kid to grow in this offense and be able to build off what he learned this year. The approach to cater to his visual learning style will only expedite this. I really do see him competing next year against both Hill and Smith.

I don't think Scotty will be going after Snead, McCoy, Tebow, or Bradford. Instead, he's going to keep these three and focus on other areas of the team because Nate is an unexpected surprise.

Lets see them both in a game before we crown them. I hope Crabtree is picking Bruce's brain on how to be a WR and a professional
Originally posted by King49er:
Nate Davis=The next Joe Montana according to the zone lol

Remember during training camp, people were saying Pascoe is a better TE than VD because he has such great hands. Were is Pascoe now.
Originally posted by backontop:
Lets see them both in a game before we crown them. I hope Crabtree is picking Bruce's brain on how to be a WR and a professional

No crowning, yet. Just a thought to contemplate as the seasons continue...a thought in the breeze...you know, better than a fart in one...

yeah, that would be sweet. I hope it happens.
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
Originally posted by King49er:
Nate Davis=The next Joe Montana according to the zone lol

Remember during training camp, people were saying Pascoe is a better TE than VD because he has such great hands. Were is Pascoe now.

I still remember that
LOL, i love the quote:

Crabtree is still wearing a logo-less helmet with "Crabtree" taped to the front - "That will take care of itself," Mike Singletary said

-9fA