There are 250 users in the forums

The Heirs to the throne?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Doesn't matter whi the QB is cause our o-line is porous, if they can't hold the fort or win at the point of attack the QB and RB won't live to tell the tale. I expect the 9ers to get line help on both sides of the ball if the talent is there for the pick-you know best available.
Originally posted by King49er:
Nate Davis=The next Joe Montana according to the zone lol

naw man, people just hope he can be the next starter

in my case, i hope he's our guy because i don't feel good about any of the qb's projected to go in the first round in 2010

also, if people want to excuse coffee's lackluster performance thus far because of what he did in preseason then why not give davis the same credit
How is ATL's passrush???
Originally posted by backontop:
How is ATL's passrush???

Supposedly their LBs are weak at blitzing.

On the d-line the main person to keep track off is Abraham. Dude had a monster year last year. I think that Staley can keep him in check.

-9fA
Originally posted by teeohh:

naw man, people just hope he can be the next starter

in my case, i hope he's our guy because i don't feel good about any of the qb's projected to go in the first round in 2010

also, if people want to excuse coffee's lackluster performance thus far because of what he did in preseason then why not give davis the same credit

yeah, good points.

Also, I think because of how Smith was handled, we'd all like to see the team develop a rookie with no pressure over a couple of years. Any 1st round QB won't get that kind of luxury. So that coupled with some nice plays in the preseason is why people are so optimistic about Davis.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Really, King? Haven't really read many of those kinds of posts, I am not even close to implying that as I would stab myself six times if I did.

Too much too soon. Fine. I also was blasted last year when I predicted to all my Niner friends that Singletary will become one of the great ones. I predict that Nate Davis will eventually become our starter as long as he is healthy. Just makes sense given just the sample we have seen from him this preseason. Hell, he shown more in this preseason, than poor Alex in his first season...just the way it is.

Those who are disillusioned to believe that Nate will be the next Montana have way to high of an expectation. I expect this kid to grow in this offense and be able to build off what he learned this year. The approach to cater to his visual learning style will only expedite this. I really do see him competing next year against both Hill and Smith.
I don't think Scotty will be going after Snead, McCoy, Tebow, or Bradford. Instead, he's going to keep these three and focus on other areas of the team because Nate is an unexpected surprise.

Its very early for any kind of inflated expectations, especially for Nate Davis.

But . . .

I have to agree, he showed much more of that "it" factor in the preseason than any QB we've had since Garcia was here. Nice to see that Singletary--who, I believe--was the guy who saw the innate ability of Nate Davis and brought him in, apparently has a great feel for football personnel, for who can play the game. He's obviously much more than "just" an ex-LB.
I bet we see Smith to Crabtree before Davis to Crabtree. Davis hasn't taken a snap against a first string defense yet and some of you guys are already all over his nuts.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I bet we see Smith to Crabtree before Davis to Crabtree. Davis hasn't taken a snap against a first string defense yet and some of you guys are already all over his nuts.

Yeah i agree.

And when Davis did go up against our 1st string defense in practice. He had a less than spectacular outing.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by backontop:
How is ATL's passrush???

Supposedly their LBs are weak at blitzing.

On the d-line the main person to keep track off is Abraham. Dude had a monster year last year. I think that Staley can keep him in check.

-9fA
thanks

You could be right, and I'd have no problem with that.

But did you see any of the preseason games. Even against scrubs, N. Davis showed alot more than anyone expected.

Originally posted by oldninerdude:

You could be right, and I'd have no problem with that.

But did you see any of the preseason games. Even against scrubs, N. Davis showed alot more than anyone expected.

Oh yeah, I like the kid alot, just do not know enough about him to know if he is going to be great like some are already trying to label him. I think the way the team is being built, we might not need another QB, I think any of the three we have will get the job done because of the kind of team we have. God Bless Mike Singletary for making this team a family. There is something to be said for unity.
If, and it is a big if, Davis keeps learning the playbook and develops the ability to properly read defenses the sky is the limit for him. He has a cannon arm, good mobility, and decent pocket presence (albeit against 3rd stringers).

I'd love to see Davis to Crabs, Davis to VD, Davis to Morgan in a few years, but if Hill keeps his play level up and SF keeps winning (I hope) it may be a while before we get to see what Davis has to offer.

But Memphis, you can agree that talent will rise above all else when things are equal. Nate has "it" you saw it and I don't give a rat's ass if you want to minimize it by saying he played against third fourth or seventy fifth stringers...the fact is he can recognize what develops in front of him in the NFL...as a frickin' rookie.

Hill didn't do that. Our #1 pick didn't do that. Some have "it" some don't. He does and therefore my premise that next year he will compete. I didn't say start.

Your statement makes it look as though I am trying to give this guys the keys to the castle when all he got from me is a playbook, a mop and a broom to sweep behind the starters. He's not even close right now.

But in the offseason, many things can happen in development especially if one is religious about it as I believe these player will be. They are tasting success and I am sure they will want to continue it.

Nate Davis included.

I hope you understand Memphis, my wife just bought Nate Davis' jersey so I am just trying to make her happy.

PS The only nuts I am all over are pistachios.

[ Edited by ninertico on Oct 9, 2009 at 16:41:06 ]
does anyone remember smith's rookie yr preseason and how it went??? i honestly dont remember. was it as good as davis' and made us say damn this kid has a future?
Originally posted by ninertico:

But Memphis, you can agree that talent will rise above all else when things are equal. Nate has "it" you saw it and I don't give a rat's ass if you want to minimize it by saying he played against third fourth or seventy fifth stringers...the fact is he can recognize what develops in front of him in the NFL...as a frickin' rookie.

Hill didn't do that. Our #1 pick didn't do that. Some have "it" some don't. He does and therefore my premise that next year he will compete. I didn't say start.

Your statement makes it look as though I am trying to give this guys the keys to the castle when all he got from me is a playbook, a mop and a broom to sweep behind the starters. He's not even close right now.

But in the offseason, many things can happen in development especially if one is religious about it as I believe these player will be. They are tasting success and I am sure they will want to continue it.

Nate Davis included.

I hope you understand Memphis, my wife just bought Nate Davis' jersey so I am just trying to make her happy.

PS The only nuts I am all over are pistachios.

Haha, keep the woman happy or she will keep you miserable...
Share 49ersWebzone