There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

High-priced Scout Team

Originally posted by HessianDud:
i don't think its strange at all. He's in no position to fully practice with the team yet.
Crabtree is at the bottom of the depth chart.

I expect him to run scout team and stay after hours with Sullivan for most of the season.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Crabtree is at the bottom of the depth chart.

I expect him to run scout team and stay after hours with Sullivan for most of the season.

No I think he'll play after the bye. Our WR's suck. He should have no trouble ascending this depth chart in a few weeks. If he can't we picked a bust. Anybody with a shred of talent should be able to start at WR for this team.
from barrows:

Nate Davis fired a 15-yard pass slightly above Crabtree's head. Crabtree reached up and snagged it out of the air. In 11-on-11 drills, Alex Smith threw another 15- or so catchable pass at Crabtree's ankles that Crabtree could not come up with

Originally posted by TenderLoinTimmy:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
wish it was davis throwing to crabs.

That would be nice. The media mentioned that Nate and Crabs became friends during OTAs. That could be another possibility in our future!!!!!

Hopefully Crabs is what everyone says he is!!!

I'm rooting for a Nate Davis to Michael Crabtree combo in the future!

Deep deep down.... we all are.

If Crabtree had signed before TC started, we may have already seen it. Darn!
Originally posted by Digger25:
from barrows:

Nate Davis fired a 15-yard pass slightly above Crabtree's head. Crabtree reached up and snagged it out of the air. In 11-on-11 drills, Alex Smith threw another 15- or so catchable pass at Crabtree's ankles that Crabtree could not come up with

crabs better learn to catch the low balls, those are going to keep him alive over the middle
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
from barrows:

crabs better learn to catch the low balls, those are going to keep him alive over the middle

alex smiths low balls will prepare him for hills slow floating ducks.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
from barrows:

alex smiths low balls will prepare him for hills slow floating ducks.

You said 'low balls'...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i don't think its strange at all. He's in no position to fully practice with the team yet.

'Originally posted by HessianDud:

Sorry if I wasn't clear -- I totally agree that right now Crabtree practicing this way is the logical and smart thing to do.

This isn't meant to bash Smith either, although we seem to have quietly accepted his situation.

My point is that the situation itself is strange to me. What other team in the NFL has a 1st overall pick throwing to the 'best' receiver in the last draft in mid-October, and it isn't in on a Sunday?

If anything, it shows the fortitude of this coaching staff and administration, and the proof of their vision is that we are winning without these guys.'

[ Edited by Xestenz on Oct 9, 2009 at 11:02:07 ]
Alex just needs to be gone already.
I HATE ALEX SMITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by susweel:
Alex just needs to be gone already.

Hell yes he should. The only reason he's even still on the team is because we wasted so much money on him. Time to finally cut our losses.
Is this really another hate Alex thread in disguise?
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Is this really another hate Alex thread in disguise?

Honestly wasn't the intent of my original post, but given the history here, in retrospect it seems almost inevitable.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I HATE ALEX SMITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me too, wasted 30 million on his ass and then we give him another contract !
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home