There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Raye-Crabtree ran two routes in college

Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for Ronnie49Lott.
Link

Wow, I thought the TT offense was a bit more diverse than that.

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Oct 8, 2009 at 15:59:08 ]
Well then....
FWIW, I really don't think Jimmy Raye knows what the hell he is talking about.
I'm sure he ran more than two routes, but focused on those two.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Link

Come on, now. Raye either is really senile, doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, or he's f**king with everyone. For the 49ers sake, I really hope it's option #3. I watch the BIG 12 religiously and Crabtree ran a lot more patterns than a hitch route and a go route. I've seen him run a slant pattern more than 3 times in one game. Now I'm not saying that Crabtree is a great route runner, he might have to refine his skills and learn from the best (Sully and Bruce), but to say he only ran 2 routes in College is just not being truthful.

[ Edited by obx49 on Oct 8, 2009 at 16:04:28 ]
given jimmy rayes playcalling i'm going to go ahead and say that raye is an idiot.

his entire offense is more vanilla then crab's TT routes.

that michael irvin video irvin even says the digit system makes the routes easy to remember what u need to run. i.e. 1-post, 2-out, 3-in.

i'm sure crab can figure that out to begin with.

and please no way you catch 41 tds and how many ever yards on mostly 2 routes that require a read on if the db is playing off or press.

raye needs to not talk publicly cause everytime he does he seems more like a freaking idiot.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Link

Wow, I thought the TT offense was a bit more diverse than that.

seems like Raye has no clue what's going on in the Run-n-Shoot........

.....c'mon man.
Originally posted by ninersush:
given jimmy rayes playcalling i'm going to go ahead and say that raye is an idiot.

that michael irvin video irvin even says the digit system makes the routes easy to remember what u need to run. i.e. 1-post, 2-out, 3-in.

and please no way you catch 41 tds and how many ever yards on mostly 2 routes that require a read on if the db is playing off or press.

raye needs to not talk publicly cause everytime he does he seems more like a freaking idiot.

Raye has been a coach since 1977, I think he is just a little smarter than you give him credit for.
LOL. Where those youtube clips at?

-9fA
On whether Crabtree essentially ran two routes in college:

"As far as I can tell, but that's just a gloss over because I did not look at him and study him going back because I didn't have the receivers to look at. From what I saw of him on the highlight tape, that's what I saw."

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/10/crabtree-working-his-way-back-slowly.html

Raye obviously hasn't studied his tapes from college

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 8, 2009 at 16:13:03 ]
I think he was misunderstood. I think what he was trying to say is that Crabtree ran two 'option' or 'read' routes, which shows that he understands the concept of option routes. I don't think he was saying he only ran two routes in general.

Thats how I took it anyway, as Crabtree clearly ran more than 2 routes in college.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
LOL. Where those youtube clips at?

-9fA

i see go routes, screens, slants, ins, posts, fades...............

even Mayock (mayock >>> Kiper) says Crabtree understand the entire route tree.
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
I think he was misunderstood. I think what he was trying to say is that Crabtree ran two 'option' or 'read' routes, which shows that he understands the concept of option routes. I don't think he was saying he only ran two routes in general.

Thats how I took it anyway, as Crabtree clearly ran more than 2 routes in college.

honestly, i think he was just generalizing a bad misconception of the run-n-shoot offense.....
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ninersush:

Raye has been a coach since 1977, I think he is just a little smarter than you give him credit for.

Can Somone Repost that link to the page were it talked about the tree? I think Crabtree will be worked into the screen pass like morgan on game day just get the ball to him.