There are 268 users in the forums

Raye-Crabtree ran two routes in college

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersush:
given jimmy rayes playcalling i'm going to go ahead and say that raye is an idiot.

Given that his offense now has a grand total of one TD pass caught by a WR after four games, I'd say you might be onto something.
LOL raye is too funny damn still cant believe this is our oc for probably a few yrs to come by the way do any of you guys see us perhaps bringing back norv turner after he gets fired this yr?? that will be his last job as a hc.... hopefully owners arent stupid to hire him again
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Link

Come on, now. Raye either is really senile, doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, or he's f**king with everyone. For the 49ers sake, I really hope it's option #3. I watch the BIG 12 religiously and Crabtree ran a lot more patterns than a hitch route and a go route. I've seen him run a slant pattern more than 3 times in one game. Now I'm not saying that Crabtree is a great route runner, he might have to refine his skills and learn from the best (Sully and Bruce), but to say he only ran 2 routes in College is just not being truthful.

i think jimmy raye has been playing head games this whole time....and actually planned for the offense to open midway through the season...trying to disguise ourselves as a runfirst team
And teams still couldn't stop him so imagine him with more and differen't routes.

He will be fine, it will just take some time, don't expect him to have a big impact until next year at the earliest. Yes I think he will help this team this year, he may have a game or two where he has 2-4 catches and makes some big plays but that is about all you can expect from him this year. Be patient folks.
He said he was bringing the offense along slowly, and that it will start to open up as players get more comfortable.

But I think he is handcuffed by how our defense is doing and our O-line. If the score is close it's run run pass punt. Once it gets to late in the game he completely opens it up and passes every down for one drive, we score... regain the lead and then back to run run run punt.

I dont think its a coincidence that when the game is on the line, the game tends to be in the hands of the defense. Its our best unit, Singletary knows that and tells Raye to play it safe.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Texas Tech is in the BIG 12 w/ Mizzou..I saw enough of Crabtree.

He runs streaks and slants all day..that was their offense.

Crabtree was just a beast and is great after the catch.

I'm sure he knows more then just those two, though.
  • flow
  • Veteran
So that's why Singletary put his coaches on media lockdown...
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Link

Wow, I thought the TT offense was a bit more diverse than that.

Haha..wow Raye is just to much.
All I know is watching Texas Tech play #1 Texas last year and Texas had at least a half a dozen NFL guys on there defense alone and it was clear Michael Crabtree was the best player on the field that night.
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
I think he was misunderstood. I think what he was trying to say is that Crabtree ran two 'option' or 'read' routes, which shows that he understands the concept of option routes. I don't think he was saying he only ran two routes in general.

Thats how I took it anyway, as Crabtree clearly ran more than 2 routes in college.

Bravo!!!

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
All I know is watching Texas Tech play #1 Texas last year and Texas had at least a half a dozen NFL guys on there defense alone and it was clear Michael Crabtree was the best player on the field that night.

... and Crabtree had a hurt foot and couldn't run any deep routes that night
Originally posted by obx49:
Link

Come on, now. Raye either is really senile, doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, or he's f**king with everyone. For the 49ers sake, I really hope it's option #3. I watch the BIG 12 religiously and Crabtree ran a lot more patterns than a hitch route and a go route. I've seen him run a slant pattern more than 3 times in one game. Now I'm not saying that Crabtree is a great route runner, he might have to refine his skills and learn from the best (Sully and Bruce), but to say he only ran 2 routes in College is just not being truthful.

Steve Young was quoted as saying he wanted a guy who could run a slant route like Crabs. It was during the draft.
Originally posted by queretano:
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
I think he was misunderstood. I think what he was trying to say is that Crabtree ran two 'option' or 'read' routes, which shows that he understands the concept of option routes. I don't think he was saying he only ran two routes in general.

Thats how I took it anyway, as Crabtree clearly ran more than 2 routes in college.

Bravo!!!

People should pay attention to this post by Oregon49erfan, because he is right on.

People seem to be too much in a rush to slam Raye, who has been around the league and football longer than most posters have been alive. At least show the man some respect.
Link

Wow, I thought the TT offense was a bit more diverse than that.

I just think it's Raye's way of saying Crabtree has a lot to learn in the NFL system.
I saw a segment on Mike Leach on Game Day last year where he said he went into a game with about 7 plays.
Share 49ersWebzone