There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eugene Parker has no class

Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Yea crabs looked real uncomfortable being Alone...Parkers a punk and he didn't want to take the blame.

No kidding. Amazing how quickly Parker and his shill Deion Sanders have moved on now that the contract has been signed. They are now working on ruining Dez Bryant's career just like they almost ruined Crabtree's.

Meh. This is just the agent acting as a fall guy so his client doesn't look like a total douche-bag. Good move for Eugene to fall on the sword to improve Crabtree's post-deal relationship with the 49ers and their fans.

Maybe he didn't want to answer questions due to the fact that he is being investigated for being involved in tampering. He has not shown once in this whole deal that he has Crabtree's best interest in mind. You are saying he DIDN'T show up to HELP Crabtree at the presser. WOW.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Crabtree didn't want to speak, but it was the 49ers that insisted Crabtree step up to the plate and take a few questions from the media. Singletary was there to ensure nothing out of hand or inapropriate went on with the line of questioning. There was no need for the agent to be there or speak.

The media is going to have access to Crabtree at one point or the other. Why not get it out of the way so Crabtree can concentrate on football, with Singletary right there?

I don't fault the 49ers for insisting that Crabtree answer questions for 5 mins. It is customary for all 1st round draft picks to do so.

I think that his agent should have been there. If not to answer questions, then to at least show a little support. Parker is at least partially responsible for the situation that Crabtree was in and the questions that he had to face.

-9fA
Originally posted by sizzle86:
Crabs needs to work on his public speaking skills.

He'll get better, a lot of young guys suck at public speaking at first. This is a non-athlete example, but Snoop is a perfect example. He said it was hard to even look up at a group of people or camera to do interviews at first. Now look at him. My grandma doesn't know English and knows him. Crabs will get better.
He has no class but a phat sack of cash now that Crabs signed....
It is simply not his MO.

I'm not sure if Parker attends any of his client's press conferences. In researching his past with clients, all I see is that this reporter or that reporter attempted to contact Parker and received no response. That was certainly the case in the Steven Jackson holdout when he signed.

I simply think he does deals and then goes the opposite way.

He's simply a behind the scenes guy. In fact, the only time he spoke to reporters or the media since April was when he explained that Crabtree's cousin, Wells, does not speak for Crabtree or Parker. Other than that, I haven't heard a word.

so does that prove that he isn't a so called diva wr
Originally posted by 2cents:

Some people are inherently introverted. He will get better but it looks to me like he will never enjoy it.

Sounds an awful lot like Joe Montana.
Eugene Parker is a piece of crap.
Yea crabs looked real uncomfortable being Alone...Parkers a punk and he didn't want to take the blame.

No kidding. Amazing how quickly Parker and his shill Deion Sanders have moved on now that the contract has been signed. They are now working on ruining Dez Bryant's career just like they almost ruined Crabtree's.

Meh. This is just the agent acting as a fall guy so his client doesn't look like a total douche-bag. Good move for Eugene to fall on the sword to improve Crabtree's post-deal relationship with the 49ers and their fans.

WTF are you talking about? He hasn't "fallen on the sword" for Crabtree. He left Crabtree hanging out to dry in front of the media, and if you were watching, Parker and Deion didn't exactly prepare him very well for his interviews. Parker is a soulless, money grubbing agent who gave a player bad advice, caved in, and then went back into hiding instead of facing the media with his client. Way to strengthen the relationship, Eugene!
Crabs looks like he just got his braces off or something whenever he smiles

continue.
When you act like T.O. you get treated like T.O. by the media. If he doesn't like that Crabby can stop the Diva act.

And Eugene Parker is a punk for leaving him out there like that and for causing such a long and unreasonable holdout. But that goes without saying.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
When you act like T.O. you get treated like T.O. by the media. If he doesn't like that Crabby can stop the Diva act.

wut
Originally posted by 2cents:
The fact that he sent M Crabtree into the press conference by himself was a punk move. It is painfully obvious that Crabs is very uncomfortable in front of a mic, but did his agent have is back in front of the national media? Nope.

I know Crabs has his money but ..... I hope Parker looses future clients for that unprofessional pathetically punk move. go away D!ck..

It's better that Rosendouche saying no comment to everything.

WTF are you talking about? He hasn't "fallen on the sword" for Crabtree. He left Crabtree hanging out to dry in front of the media, and if you were watching, Parker and Deion didn't exactly prepare him very well for his interviews. Parker is a soulless, money grubbing agent who gave a player bad advice, caved in, and then went back into hiding instead of facing the media with his client. Way to strengthen the relationship, Eugene!

Once again, I believe the "hiding" word is horribly unfair. As stated earlier, this is not a guy who hangs out at press conferences, and discusses things with the media. If you do a google search on Eugene Parker statements, press conferences, interviews, etc. you really cannot find much, if anything. Even after some of his mega contracts have been signed.

He does the behind the scenes work, and then disappears. It is not a matter if he has received a perfect contract or not.

P.S. You will notice that Parker will not even attempt to defend himself in the media. A regular guy would be attempting to set the record straight. This is simply not important to him.

Finally, the old timers in the media who have known Parker are not the ones making these statements. It is only the younger beat writers, or website masters (MM and Mike Florio are the ones really beating the drum, and they could hardly be seen as objective throughout this whole process), who have had little to no contact over the years with Parker who seem to be accusing him of abandoning Crabtree. The John Claytons, Len Pastabelly's of the world are not making these statements. In fact, they are the only ones who have commented on Parker's style of working as an agent throughout this process.

The only reason I am responding to this thread is that I believe the accusations are really unfair. If people knew his style, they would not accuse him of abandoning Crabtree.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 9, 2009 at 08:03:26 ]

Look at Frank Gore, he is horrible in interviews. Some people just aren't public speakers.