There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eugene Parker has no class

Do agents usually come to press conferences?
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 10,232
Originally posted by jta854:
Do agents usually come to press conferences?

With high profile clients, yes.
Originally posted by Oscar:
Originally posted by jta854:
Do agents usually come to press conferences?

With high profile clients, yes.

He must not be high profile then, he only got 18M guaranteed. haha.
I'm sure Parker knew that no good would come from him being there, so he kind of left his client Crabtree out there naked so to speak. Crabtree should be looking for a new agent as soon as possible and other prospective clients should keep in mind how he handled Crabtree this season before signing with Parker for next season.
Crabtree didn't want to speak, but it was the 49ers that insisted Crabtree step up to the plate and take a few questions from the media. Singletary was there to ensure nothing out of hand or inapropriate went on with the line of questioning. There was no need for the agent to be there or speak.

[ Edited by djfullshred on Oct 8, 2009 at 13:10:45 ]
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Crabtree didn't want to speak, but it was the 49ers that insisted Crabtree step up to the plate and take a few questions from the media. Singletary was there to ensure nothing out of hand or inapropriate went on with the line of questioning. There was no need for the agent to be there or speak.

Yep and when someone asked what Hammer had to do with the contract negotiations, Singletary didnt even dignify it with a response.
The thing I took from that presser was how Singletary stepped in when Crabtree was obviously uncomfortable. That guy's so motivating that he makes me want to bind the hell out of insurance accounts after I hear him talk.

From the Department of Optimism, I think that there's a good chance that Sing becomes the next institution in the NFL, ala Walsh, Landry, Lombardi, Noll, Shula, etc.

As for Parker...that's between them. I'm sure it was discussed. I don't begrudge him for not being there.
  • brandonjg
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 2cents:
The fact that he sent M Crabtree into the press conference by himself was a punk move. It is painfully obvious that Crabs is very uncomfortable in front of a mic, but did his agent have is back in front of the national media? Nope.

I know Crabs has his money but ..... I hope Parker looses future clients for that unprofessional pathetically punk move. go away D!ck..

Pretty sure he was up til very very early in the am getting this deal done. Prob eas tired
No need to come to the meeting when you've become irrelevant.
Man sing looked he was going to tackle some of those reporters. He was staring down fools.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The thing I took from that presser was how Singletary stepped in when Crabtree was obviously uncomfortable. That guy's so motivating that he makes me want to bind the hell out of insurance accounts after I hear him talk.

From the Department of Optimism, I think that there's a good chance that Sing becomes the next institution in the NFL, ala Walsh, Landry, Lombardi, Noll, Shula, etc.

As for Parker...that's between them. I'm sure it was discussed. I don't begrudge him for not being there.

I love our 49ers:) We are finally on the right path after Erickson,Nolan,Donahue,and York(the other one)
Better watch what you say about Parker; might get MadDog on your case, since Parker's his hero.
All kidding aside, Parker's previously positive history as an effective agent and negotiator took a major hit with this botched chess match and his absence at the press conference only reinforces the facty he screwed this one up and knows it.
Now, let's see what we've got in this kid!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
M.C. Hammer should have been up there with him!

Only if they allowed him to do the type writer dance!
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Man sing looked he was going to tackle some of those reporters. He was staring down fools.

this is what i was thinking, he looked like he was ready to make all of them climb mount pain.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The thing I took from that presser was how Singletary stepped in when Crabtree was obviously uncomfortable. That guy's so motivating that he makes me want to bind the hell out of insurance accounts after I hear him talk.

From the Department of Optimism, I think that there's a good chance that Sing becomes the next institution in the NFL, ala Walsh, Landry, Lombardi, Noll, Shula, etc.

As for Parker...that's between them. I'm sure it was discussed. I don't begrudge him for not being there.

lol. That's got make him the very best motivator in history.