LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Bandwagon Fans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Maybe the season ticket holders will finally use their tickets ratther than selling them to the other teams' fans. It's nice to fill the stick with our fans instead of the other teams.
  • pwilly
  • Info N/A
Ya the more the merrier also it prevents games from being blacked out or the stadium from looking empty.
Originally posted by JC49:
Originally posted by King49er:
I just became a 49ers fan 2 days ago when they signed Micheal Crabtree, before that I was a massive Calgary Stampeders fan

I worked in Canmore, Alberta for a year. We used to make the hour long drive, sit in the stands, have a beer, and watch Flutie. Good times. It was fun seeing Deacon Jones pacing the sidelines. Holy cow he's huge! Even with the players in gear and Deacon in a suit Jones looked like a giant. Compared to Flutie he looked like he was at his kids little league game.

I never made it Canmore, but I did live in Calgary, and I was surprised how much I enjoyed live CFL action, even though it was CFL...
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Didn't we all at one point jump onto the bandwagon? As a child growing up in the 70's I was a huge Steeler fan. One of the main reasons I liked them was that they could and did beat Dallas.

In 81 as a sophomore in HS , I caught the regular season 9er/Cowboy matchup and I jumped ship as it were. Who were these guys that just kicked the living poo out of the hated Cowboys? All I knew was Montana was my new sports hero. And it just kept getting better and better and better.

Hey anybody who has stuck it out from 03-08 is a fan and if some more would like to join us, then great. Some will stick, some won't, so be it.

I've been a niner fan since I can remember. Been at almost every home game (except 2) since O.J. played for us in 1978.

Go Niners !!
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Didn't we all at one point jump onto the bandwagon? As a child growing up in the 70's I was a huge Steeler fan. One of the main reasons I liked them was that they could and did beat Dallas.

In 81 as a sophomore in HS , I caught the regular season 9er/Cowboy matchup and I jumped ship as it were. Who were these guys that just kicked the living poo out of the hated Cowboys? All I knew was Montana was my new sports hero. And it just kept getting better and better and better.

Hey anybody who has stuck it out from 03-08 is a fan and if some more would like to join us, then great. Some will stick, some won't, so be it.

My family raised me on the Niners. I have rooted for other teams but have never been a fan of any other team.
I welcome them with open arms

I think to a certain degree, the majority of fans for any team are bandwagon fans. I came aboard in the 80s as a kid, saw Montana and the Niners doing their thing, and I instantly became a fan.

There is nothing wrong with bandwagon fans. It's good for the team and it's a sign that the team is good. If anything, I don't like when someone suddenly drops that team when they are no longer winning championships. I was there for the great ride of the 80s and 90s, and my support didn't wane during this this past decade.

Ironically, didn't our decline start around this time 10 years ago?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I think to a certain degree, the majority of fans for any team are bandwagon fans. I came aboard in the 80s as a kid, saw Montana and the Niners doing their thing, and I instantly became a fan.

There is nothing wrong with bandwagon fans. It's good for the team and it's a sign that the team is good. If anything, I don't like when someone suddenly drops that team when they are no longer winning championships. I was there for the great ride of the 80s and 90s, and my support didn't wane during this this past decade.

Those people are called bandwagon fans.
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Those people are called bandwagon fans.

this. You guys are confusing what bandwagon fans are, just because you become of a fan of a team just because they are good doesn't make you a bandwagon fan. The minute you switch teams because they start sucking and switch to another team, that right there makes you a bandwagon fan.
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JC49:
I just became a 49ers fan 2 days ago when they signed Micheal Crabtree, before that I was a massive Calgary Stampeders fan

I worked in Canmore, Alberta for a year. We used to make the hour long drive, sit in the stands, have a beer, and watch Flutie. Good times. It was fun seeing Deacon Jones pacing the sidelines. Holy cow he's huge! Even with the players in gear and Deacon in a suit Jones looked like a giant. Compared to Flutie he looked like he was at his kids little league game.

I never made it Canmore, but I did live in Calgary, and I was surprised how much I enjoyed live CFL action, even though it was CFL...

You know, the weather was nice, the beer was Canadian, the football was nutty fun being CFL rules, what wasn't to like?

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
I hate Bandwagon fans.

I dont mind bandwagoners, cuz it means the teams doin good.

You must be one huh?

Jus cuz i dont spend 75% of the day on the Zone dont mean i aint a fan. Been a fan since i 95.
  • JC49
  • Veteran
You know, maybe I should have given a definition of bandwagon fan, but then everybody would be argueing about that. I think it is fair to call someone who jumps on board when things are rolling a bandwagon fan. It is self evident. Yet it is not so unusual a phenomenon for people to became fans when they see success they admire. So that's okay if they stick with whoever they take an interest in. It's the people who can't jump from winner to winner fast enough because it is only fun for them when they are saying "yeah, look how great my (latest) team is" that make my hair stand up.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I hate Bandwagon fans.

I dont mind bandwagoners, cuz it means the teams doin good.

You must be one huh?

Jus cuz i dont spend 75% of the day on the Zone dont mean i aint a fan. Been a fan since i 95.

I was joking
i'm a bandwagon sharks fan..

but i've always been faithful to the niners
teams with 1 playoff win a decade don't have bandwagon fans
Share 49ersWebzone