LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Did Deion help us out?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I mean, think about it... had Deion not opened his mouth about possible tampering, would we even know? If there were no suspicions of tampering, would Crabtree have an offer lined up in the background and have no problems sitting out knowing that he was gonna get paid?

I think Deion yapping his trap set this whole thing in motion again.

Just my opinion. What you guys think?
I think that Deion guided the front office to file tampering charges which probably helped and I also think that Crabtree wanted to come in and play pretty bad after watching our first four games. I don't think that Parker was ever gonna have Crabtree sit out the whole year. JMHO
I really think he did help us out by speaking out. Thanks again Deion!
He didn't do Dez Bryant any favors..

With friends like Deion, who needs enemies.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
He didn't do Dez Bryant any favors..

With friends like Deion, who needs enemies.

Man I know!! What was Dez Bryant thinking? Will the ncaa reinstate him? If they dont he is still going in the top ten. What I dont understand is if your playing college football you cannot speak with anybody associated with the NFL. Is that how it works?
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Yeah I think Deion helped by doing what he's always doing, running his big mouth. He stuck his foot in it in a big way, especially considering he works for the NFL. The thing is he, and his mouth, likely had a lot to do with creating the contract impasse in the first place. He was probably giving Crabtree egomaniacal, inflating, money grubbing advice. His posturing about how the Niners needed Crappee and not the other way 'round and the "why would you take $20M when you can get 40" made me sick.

Never liked him and he's not doing anything to change my mind. I used to watch his top ten with the sound off until he started running plays. And have you noticed how long his segment shows footage of himself, ugh. Plus this last week his number one pick was Sharper, I think for NO, who is also a CB, and who Deion claimed was imitating his pre-touchdown, taunting strut. Sharper had a good weekend but not better than Willis for example. I can't even bear to see him anymore. I will not turn on that segment again.

[ Edited by JC49 on Oct 8, 2009 at 08:37:10 ]
Deion still niner faithful? Ehhh IDK. I think it was jsut a case of Deion having a big mouth. That's his personality. He made those actions because he doesn't know how to separate his personal life from his professional life. Whether it helped the niners ot not, he doesn't care
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Deion still niner faithful? Ehhh IDK. I think it was jsut a case of Deion having a big mouth. That's his personality. He made those actions because he doesn't know how to separate his personal life from his professional life. Whether it helped the niners ot not, he doesn't care
He did help us Win a Superbowl back in the day, I suppose that counts as helping us out right?
  • dald1
  • Veteran
nah if anything his talks to crabtree only made the situation worse for us. But people r correct him running his big mouth did help the 9ers out. hopefully we get a draft pick from it

f**k Deion.
Originally posted by OX49er253:
He did help us Win a Superbowl back in the day, I suppose that counts as helping us out right?

Like it or not, he did play a big part in getting Lombardi Trophy #5 for us.
Originally posted by FourNine49:

Exactly!
One thing for sure...he didn't help Crabtree get what he wanted.
f**k Dieon !! He's a sperm-burpin-gutterslut
Share 49ersWebzone