There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Niners try Pashos at guard?

We're stuck with Baas at OG for the rest of the season. If anyone fills in, it'll be Wragge. Rachal has the talent to be a stud, but his inconsistancy is a big problem.

It'll be real nice when we get a legit LG. Maybe we could entice Larry Allen to return for another year.
im sick and tired of seeing baas and rachal wiff badly against tackles. thats flat out embarrassing
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
im sick and tired of seeing baas and rachal wiff badly against tackles. thats flat out embarrassing

Dockett completely abused Rachal. It was embarrasing to see Dockett blow by him and get free shot at Hill time and time again.

[ Edited by strickac on Oct 7, 2009 at 20:32:02 ]
Originally posted by strickac:

Dockett completely abused Rachal. It was embarrasing to see Dockett blow by him and get free shot at Hill time and time again.

well im not really surprised dockett owned a 2nd yr guard but i was hoping he didnt get owned that way if hes suppose to become a really good guard in this league. last wk against the freaking rams dline was a flat out joke. baas and rachal didnt even touch their guys at times
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
I was just thinking the same thing. However, I hate to give up on Rachal this early, I think he'll eventually be a good player. It seems like he plays with a lack of effort sometimes though.
I'm pretty sure if there was a better solution, Coach Sing would have thought of it and implemented it already. Sing is the type of coach to take action, and he's shown that before (i.e. demoting JTO, Roman, firing Martz)
No he can't play guard.
Originally posted by dmatt:
I was just thinking the same thing. However, I hate to give up on Rachal this early, I think he'll eventually be a good player. It seems like he plays with a lack of effort sometimes though.

Agreed. Rachal has had a rough start to the season and i'm not sure that taking playing time away from him at this point is the right way to go about fixing those issues.

Before we even answer the original question, does Pashos even want to play G?

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Agreed. Rachal has had a rough start to the season and i'm not sure that taking playing time away from him at this point is the right way to go about fixing those issues.

-9fA

dude has no choice singletary will play him where ever he wants. pashos signed a 1 yr deal and is not the future at rt especially when we will take 1 next yr. dude hasnt been doing the job anyways at rt for him to complain. its either sit your ass on the bench or at least play which 1 will you choose????
Originally posted by irief:
It seems that our OLine woes boil down to the play of our guards. Snyder may not be playing at a probowl level, but he seems to be settling in right now. It's the guards Baas and Rachal that seem to be our week links. Pashos' skills may translate well into being a guard since he isn't know for having the most nimbel feet, but he is a road grater. This may also be is opportunity to get on the field on game day.

Could this provide a much needed boost to our run game and pass protection, since he is a road grater and he should have better than average pass protection skills then your average guard since he has played Tackle for most of his career?

Staley, Heitmann, Rachael stay, Bass and Both sndyer and Pashos are bad we new that going in we needed a Rt. Clearly He will be released like smiley. And will target qb and oline this season in free agents and rookies.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

dude has no choice singletary will play him where ever he wants. pashos signed a 1 yr deal and is not the future at rt especially when we will take 1 next yr. dude hasnt been doing the job anyways at rt for him to complain. its either sit your ass on the bench or at least play which 1 will you choose????

Good point.

But Pashos hasn't exactly played very well at RT recently. I'm not quite sure how effective he is going to be at G? Supposedly he hadn't played G at any time through college or NFL untilt he Jags asked him to slide across this last TC.

-9fA
Yea exactly, that's why the jags let him go because they drafted two T's, and they tried putting him at G, and he didn't do very well.

I say keep him at RT, and put Snyder at LG to take over for Baas.

Chilo Rachal is awesome, he's still very young has quite a bit to learn. But snyder did well at LG, and u can put baas back at RG behind rachal, and have pashos at RT.
  • irief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
No he can't play guard.

What are you basing this off of? I can't understand how someone could play tackle but not play at least as well at guard. They have a smaller area to protect.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
+1 On moving Snyder inside, the guy doesnt have the feet to pass block outside
Wouldn't it make more sense to move Snyder BACK to guard? I'd love to see Heitmann move back to guard, but then we'd be stuck with Wallace or Wragge at Center
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home