LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Surprise Rookie SCOTTIE MCKILLOP

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/category/_/name/09-rookie-surprise

looks like ESPN is seeing the potential in SCOTTIE that we saw when we drafted him
Meh...I just think he was in the right place at the right time for that TD.

Honestly, I haven't seen much of anything from him. Hopefully that changes.
D.Smith Jr.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

He's making an impact on special teams.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
D.Smith Jr.

hahaha
he has more touchdowns that michael crabtree

Right place at right time: Yes. But he capitalized on an opportunity given to him.. Some players, amazingly, might not have made that play.. So I say congrats to Mckillop, and here's to him becoming a dominant LB on our team for many years.
to me it looks like Manusky is shaping up our line backing core to look like the chargers when he was there. i saw scottie play the last preseason game live and dam he was all over the field. good draft pick if he keeps up this type of progress

Right place, right time. Yes. But I think that he's going to be a good player for us for a long time.
With what little we've seen of him, I get the impression that he is more of a Smith/Ulbrich type, rather than a Spikes. He understands the game and can put himself in the right place at the right time, but he may not have the speed/athleticism to make the play when dealing with world class athletes.

Of course, maybe he'll become another Zach Thomas type player -

Meh key phrase that seems to escape you for some reason "in the right place at the right time." That's a common thread with all great players. They always seem to be in the right place at the right time. Discipline, instinct and talent. I think Scott is the real deal.

If you keep track of Scott McKillop he is ALWAYS around the ball when his in the game. He will be making huge contributions sooner than later. Spikes had better start watching his back next training camp. And that is more of a compliment to McKillop than a diss to Spikes.

We have some great talent.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
D.Smith Jr.

I agree with this, but I think it's actually a compliment. D Smith was a great, blue collar LB in his prime. His skills fell off towards the end, but don't overlook what he did for the niners earlier on. IMO, that's exactly the kind of guy we need next to Willis.
Time to get on his nuts I guess.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

Right place, right time. Yes. But I think that he's going to be a good player for us for a long time.

Jason Hill should get an assist for knocking the only two Rams with a chance to get in on the scrum out the back of the endzone. That was a GREAT heads-up play.
  • dj43
He had some nice games in PS. Also showing well on ST.

One of the overlooked advantages of a 3-4 over a 4-3, is that you have an extra linebacker instead of another DL. Since LBs are faster and more agile, they make better ST players. McKillop is showing his value there and when he is needed at LOS, he looks like he will be a player. His future looks good from what we can see now.
Share 49ersWebzone