Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

how funny..the cat is kicking a mad dog

that was kinda the point

I know
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Parker didn't lose in this, but he went the long, rough way when he could have easily got the same money as soon as TC had he sat down with the Niners. Instead of waiting 4 games into the season to get a million more. And lost his client valuable time with the team.

I think the Niners would have gone to as high as 18mil guaranteed, but to stand firm on 16mil and gave him 1 mil more is a win for the Niners after Crabtree have had enough of the impasse is a win for the Niners. Winning on the Niners side is paying less then how high you are willing to go for Crabtree, NOT the original number offered. That's just the starting point of the negotiation. We will never know how high Jed was willing to pay for Crabtree and neither does Parker.

Dude, he may have got 1 mil more, but at the expense of another year on his contract. Therefore his guaranteed money average is lower than the original offer, plus he hits FA later.

Can't ignored the fact that he did get 1mil more out of the Niners. Whether it was enough for holding out it's debatable. Like I said he could have gotten that without holding out.

I would think guaranteed money is what drives the contract and negotiation. It's a sure thing for the client. The rest of the contract although pertinent is secondary to the guaranteed money. So in that regard. You get one mil more guaranteed. He didn't lose in that regard.

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 8, 2009 at 13:00:06 ]
Parker didn't lose in this, but he went the long, rough way when he could have easily got the same money as soon as TC had he sat down with the Niners. Instead of waiting 4 games into the season to get a million more. And lost his client valuable time with the team.

I think the Niners would have gone to as high as 18mil guaranteed, but to stand firm on 16mil and gave him 1 mil more is a win for the Niners after Crabtree have had enough of the impasse is a win for the Niners. Winning on the Niners side is paying less then how high you are willing to go for Crabtree, NOT the original number offered. That's just the starting point of the negotiation. We will never know how high Jed was willing to pay for Crabtree and neither does Parker.

Dude, he may have got 1 mil more, but at the expense of another year on his contract. Therefore his guaranteed money average is lower than the original offer, plus he hits FA later.

Can't ignored the fact that he did get 1mil more out of the Niners. Whether it was enough for holding out it's debatable. Like I said he could have gotten that without holding out.

It's not debatable:

$16 million guaranteed/5 years = $3.2 million guaranteed/year

$17 million guaranteed/6 years = $2.8 million guaranteed/year

Please explain your stance on this. Crabtree would have been earning more guaranteed per year with the original deal.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by backontop:
so.... no MadDog sighting yet, huh???

No he showed up in typical Maddog fashion. Claiming that he was still right

According to Andrew Brandt's article on the National Football Post, I am right. Both sides made concessions, and both sides won battles on the slot. Brandt knows his stuff. He is a former salary cap administrator for an NFL team, and his breakdown was excellent.

Here is the pasted information at the conclusion. Many others have attached the link throughout this thread:

The Wait: The offer on the table for Parker and Crabtree of a couple days ago was:

Five years, $20M, $16M guaranteed.

The final deal is:

Six years, $32M ($28M over the first five), $17M guaranteed.

Analysis: Many have speculated that Crabtree took the same deal he was being offered for weeks, if not months, by the team. Parker and Crabtree may have made $8M over the next five years with their trip to San Francisco yesterday.

Hopefully the above data points out the strengths and weaknesses of this deal from both sides. It was a win for the team on some things and a win for the player on others, a deal that neither side feels great about. That usually means it is a good deal for both sides.

This was quite a saga, with a final face-to-face meeting spurred by a chance meeting between 49ers president and owner Jed York and MC Hammer at a social function. Only in the NFL

I'm sorry I have not been able to respond to some that have been claiming "victory" the last couple days, and have attempted to attack my position that both sides would win.

I guess, once again, these individuals who hope for nothing more for me to be wrong..... are wrong, and I....am right. What a shocker!!!

Cheers.

P.S. Eric Heitmann is still a good football player!!!!

Ya gotta love MadDogs revisionist history.

MD: 2+2 is 6!!! You're a fool. I know all.

Marvin: Um, no....its 4.

MD: Fool!! I was right!!! 2+2 is 4. Thats what I have been saying all along!!!!

You are attempting to smear me, so I ask you to show me, and the board, where I have been a revisionist. And, I will continue to ask you until you come up with something, or retract your statement.

You have dug yourself a hole. Good luck.

ummmm, read this whole thread, esp. with your post claiming you were right.

Dude, how hard is it you say you were wrong? I mean, say it with me: I AM WRONG.

The fact that you keep insisting that you're right and it's been literally proven by most of the sport writers in America that the 49ers actually came on top is really , ummmmmm.... silly.

Cheers!

Post where I am wrong. Please.

P.S. Most sports writers know s*it about the cap. I'll take the word from an expert in business and the cap than some journalism major who probably never spent one day in an Accounting or Finance class.

Everytime we do you don't respond to it. And NO I'm not going through the last 800+ Crabtree pages and hours of my life to prove you wrong which I could do just so you can deny it and claim to be right. I honestly don't know why you are a 49ers fan. Seriously, it is so effin obvious that the very young management of this team held firm and "won". Hell, listen to McC in the presser yesterday. I know you don't think that the 49ers caving would set a precedent, but McC did, he said so, and that is all that counts. I for one am very happy and proud to be a 49er fan today, I'm confident in the front office, the coach, and the players, and I think we can all agree that it has been a LONG time since the 49ers have given us reason to feel that.

So again, are you really a 49er fan, or do you just like to argue with 49er fans. Simply because after all this you would rather NOT recognize a very positive outcome for the 49ers just to hang on to the string of rightness that doesn't exist for your position. There is a name for that type of fan...starts with Nation and ends with Raiders, and since you live out of state I can tell you that Oakland is not that far away from San Francisco, its just over the bridge.

Like coach said, "We are going in this direction, anybody not wanting to go with us will be left behind". This train is picking up steam so either get on or GTFO.

GO NINERS.

Best,

Alex

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 8, 2009 at 12:59:52 ]
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

It's not debatable:

Please explain your stance on this. Crabtree would have been earning more guaranteed per year with the original deal.

It's guaranteed money, a sure thing. Whether it over 5 or 6 years. It's secondary. I think that takes priority to anything that's in the contract or length of it. May be it's how you want to look at it. But to me, all NFL contracts through the year have taken guaranteed money as the major get for the agent.

It's not debatable:

It's guaranteed money, a sure thing. Whether it over 5 or 6 years. It's secondary. I think that takes priority to anything that's in the contract or length of it. May be it's how you want to look at it. But to me, all NFL contracts through the year have taken guaranteed money as the major get for the agent.

So you're saying $1 million guaranteed is worth tacking on another year to his contract? You can't be serious. By having another year, he is losing out on MORE guaranteed money and bonuses than he would have gained in free agency assuming he performs

[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Oct 8, 2009 at 13:17:49 ]
  • jerryricefan80
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by domesik:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by backontop:
so.... no MadDog sighting yet, huh???

No he showed up in typical Maddog fashion. Claiming that he was still right

According to Andrew Brandt's article on the National Football Post, I am right. Both sides made concessions, and both sides won battles on the slot. Brandt knows his stuff. He is a former salary cap administrator for an NFL team, and his breakdown was excellent.

Here is the pasted information at the conclusion. Many others have attached the link throughout this thread:

The Wait: The offer on the table for Parker and Crabtree of a couple days ago was:

Five years, $20M, $16M guaranteed.

The final deal is:

Six years, $32M ($28M over the first five), $17M guaranteed.

Analysis: Many have speculated that Crabtree took the same deal he was being offered for weeks, if not months, by the team. Parker and Crabtree may have made $8M over the next five years with their trip to San Francisco yesterday.

Hopefully the above data points out the strengths and weaknesses of this deal from both sides. It was a win for the team on some things and a win for the player on others, a deal that neither side feels great about. That usually means it is a good deal for both sides.

This was quite a saga, with a final face-to-face meeting spurred by a chance meeting between 49ers president and owner Jed York and MC Hammer at a social function. Only in the NFL

I'm sorry I have not been able to respond to some that have been claiming "victory" the last couple days, and have attempted to attack my position that both sides would win.

I guess, once again, these individuals who hope for nothing more for me to be wrong..... are wrong, and I....am right. What a shocker!!!

Cheers.

P.S. Eric Heitmann is still a good football player!!!!

Ya gotta love MadDogs revisionist history.

MD: 2+2 is 6!!! You're a fool. I know all.

Marvin: Um, no....its 4.

MD: Fool!! I was right!!! 2+2 is 4. Thats what I have been saying all along!!!!

You are attempting to smear me, so I ask you to show me, and the board, where I have been a revisionist. And, I will continue to ask you until you come up with something, or retract your statement.

You have dug yourself a hole. Good luck.

ummmm, read this whole thread, esp. with your post claiming you were right.

Dude, how hard is it you say you were wrong? I mean, say it with me: I AM WRONG.

The fact that you keep insisting that you're right and it's been literally proven by most of the sport writers in America that the 49ers actually came on top is really , ummmmmm.... silly.

Cheers!

Post where I am wrong. Please.

P.S. Most sports writers know s*it about the cap. I'll take the word from an expert in business and the cap than some journalism major who probably never spent one day in an Accounting or Finance class.

Everytime we do you don't respond to it. And NO I'm not going through the last 800+ Crabtree pages and hours of my life to prove you wrong which I could do just so you can deny it and claim to be right. I honestly don't know why you are a 49ers fan. Seriously, it is so effin obvious that the very young management of this team held firm and "won". Hell, listen to McC in the presser yesterday. I know you don't think that the 49ers caving would set a precedent, but McC did, he said so, and that is all that counts. I for one am very happy and proud to be a 49er fan today, I'm confident in the front office, the coach, and the players, and I think we can all agree that it has been a LONG time since the 49ers have given us reason to feel that.

So again, are you really a 49er fan, or do you just like to argue with 49er fans. Simply because after all this you would rather NOT recognize a very positive outcome for the 49ers just to hang on to the string of rightness that doesn't exist for your position. There is a name for that type of fan...starts with Nation and ends with Raiders, and since you live out of state I can tell you that Oakland is not that far away from San Francisco, its just over the bridge.

Like coach said, "We are going in this direction, anybody not wanting to go with us will be left behind". This train is picking up steam so either get on or GTFO.

GO NINERS.

Best,

Alex

It's honestly like trying to talk to a mad dog. Literally. I feel like I am taking crazy pills here. Brandt's article in no way validates any of the ranting and raving maddog did on here for the last 3 months. In addition, the $8 million Maddog uses to cite his "victory" to which he never aligned himself in the first place because he argued for DHB money is based off of hard to reach incentives that if Crabtree reaches, the 49ers would be better off anyhow because that means they have a pro bowl receiver that is helping them get to the playoffs.

Stop the insanity Maddog. Swallow your pride. You just look crazy right now. You know how people treat crazy folks? They just nod politely and don't listen to them.

Why does this have to be an argument on who is right and who is wrong? all sides win... Crabtrees contract looks bigger than it actually is, the 49ers get the guaranteed money to fit in the 10th draft slot, and the fans get to see micheal Crabtree on the field on sundays...

And i maybe wrong but didnt Maddog say that the contract would be like this? I thought i remember him saying that the contract would be "special" in that it would go outside the slot on the actual number of the contract but the guaranteed money would still fit the slot? I could be wrong i dont remember if that was true but i think i remember that...

Anyway Crabtree is a 49er and lets turn that offense into the middle of the pack atleast.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

how funny..the cat is kicking a mad dog

that was kinda the point

And very clever at that.

It's not debatable:

If he performed it gets him out of the 6th year. I think the contract says something like 2 pro bowl with in the length of the contract or something to that effect. So if he plays to that level he will become a FA after the 5th. And remember this year is almost shot because of the hold out.

The point is the contract is design to give Parker some gain but very little compared to what they were indicating they wanted. But to say Parker lose altogether isn't really true. He had minimal gain.
"As we’ve said, from the outside it appeared to be completely unnecessary for this deal to have lasted into October.

Thank you, Mr. Brandt!

Share 49ersWebzone