Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Parker didn't lose in this, but he went the long, rough way when he could have easily got the same money as soon as TC had he sat down with the Niners. Instead of waiting 4 games into the season to get a million more. And lost his client valuable time with the team.

I think the Niners would have gone to as high as 18mil guaranteed, but to stand firm on 16mil and gave him 1 mil more is a win for the Niners after Crabtree have had enough of the impasse is a win for the Niners. Winning on the Niners side is paying less then how high you are willing to go for Crabtree, NOT the original number offered. That's just the starting point of the negotiation. We will never know how high Jed was willing to pay for Crabtree and neither does Parker.

Dude, he may have got 1 mil more, but at the expense of another year on his contract. Therefore his guaranteed money average is lower than the original offer, plus he hits FA later.

Can't ignored the fact that he did get 1mil more out of the Niners. Whether it was enough for holding out it's debatable. Like I said he could have gotten that without holding out.

It's not debatable:

$16 million guaranteed/5 years = $3.2 million guaranteed/year

$17 million guaranteed/6 years = $2.8 million guaranteed/year

Please explain your stance on this. Crabtree would have been earning more guaranteed per year with the original deal.

It's guaranteed money, a sure thing. Whether it over 5 or 6 years. It's secondary. I think that takes priority to anything that's in the contract or length of it. May be it's how you want to look at it. But to me, all NFL contracts through the year have taken guaranteed money as the major get for the agent.

So you're saying $1 million guaranteed is worth tacking on another year to his contract? You can't be serious. By having another year, he is losing out on MORE guaranteed money and bonuses than he would have gained in free agency assuming he performs

Dude that's gotta be the most twisted logic i've ever had to understand. LOL

-9fA

I wouldve thought getting an extra year early and hitting the free agency for the really big bucks is worth more than 1 extra mil gauranteed all for one year.

It's not 1mil for one year. It's 1 mil more in guarantee money plus a 6th year. Some think the 6th year would be a restraint. But Crabtree can get to FA if he plays at a probowl level after the 5th year. If he can't play up to par then it doesn't matter, he would probably not get much in free agency anyway. Either way he still get the 1 mil more in guarantee.

Parker gained a little bit more from the Niners but not much.

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 8, 2009 at 18:01:35 ]
I dont want to re read all the responses to crabs but I remember some video in the parking lot at the stick where someone put their $100 crab jersey on the ground and was telling people to wipe their shoes or wipe their ass with it. I guess you will have to buy another jersey now.
Originally posted by 49erWill:

wonder how animated crabtree will be during the game sunday
Originally posted by RonMexico:

• ZRF80

[ Edited by ZRF80 on Oct 8, 2009 at 19:24:34 ]
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by RonMexico:

he'll probably draw a cartoon of a cartoon of him drawing a cartoon of himself
When will Crabtree be added back to Madden?

• ZRF80
Originally posted by lonneybyrd:
When will Crabtree be added back to Madden?

Arcade forum (must be less than 10 years old to enter that part of the Zone)

Good luck.........

[ Edited by ZRF80 on Oct 8, 2009 at 19:43:17 ]

I posted this when he signed and got nothing
now this
Originally posted by solidg2000:

now this

your name is not read?
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by solidg2000:

now this

your name is not read?

red?
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Parker didn't lose in this, but he went the long, rough way when he could have easily got the same money as soon as TC had he sat down with the Niners. Instead of waiting 4 games into the season to get a million more. And lost his client valuable time with the team.

I think the Niners would have gone to as high as 18mil guaranteed, but to stand firm on 16mil and gave him 1 mil more is a win for the Niners after Crabtree have had enough of the impasse is a win for the Niners. Winning on the Niners side is paying less then how high you are willing to go for Crabtree, NOT the original number offered. That's just the starting point of the negotiation. We will never know how high Jed was willing to pay for Crabtree and neither does Parker.

Dude, he may have got 1 mil more, but at the expense of another year on his contract. Therefore his guaranteed money average is lower than the original offer, plus he hits FA later.

Can't ignored the fact that he did get 1mil more out of the Niners. Whether it was enough for holding out it's debatable. Like I said he could have gotten that without holding out.

It's not debatable:

$16 million guaranteed/5 years = $3.2 million guaranteed/year

$17 million guaranteed/6 years = $2.8 million guaranteed/year

Please explain your stance on this. Crabtree would have been earning more guaranteed per year with the original deal.

It's guaranteed money, a sure thing. Whether it over 5 or 6 years. It's secondary. I think that takes priority to anything that's in the contract or length of it. May be it's how you want to look at it. But to me, all NFL contracts through the year have taken guaranteed money as the major get for the agent.

So you're saying $1 million guaranteed is worth tacking on another year to his contract? You can't be serious. By having another year, he is losing out on MORE guaranteed money and bonuses than he would have gained in free agency assuming he performs

Dude that's gotta be the most twisted logic i've ever had to understand. LOL

-9fA

I wouldve thought getting an extra year early and hitting the free agency for the really big bucks is worth more than 1 extra mil gauranteed all for one year.

It's not 1mil for one year. It's 1 mil more in guarantee money plus a 6th year. Some think the 6th year would be a restraint. But Crabtree can get to FA if he plays at a probowl level after the 5th year. If he can't play up to par then it doesn't matter, he would probably not get much in free agency anyway. Either way he still get the 1 mil more in guarantee.

Parker gained a little bit more from the Niners but not much.

Trust me, this was a losing deal for Parker and his reputation. Not only are the incentives difficult to reach, but if he tries to hold out anything above the gauranteed money can be voided at discretion. The escalaters are not even tiered according to Brandt. That means he is not reward for being a solid player. It is a boom or bust scenerio, which is a total win for the Niners and pushes all the risk on Crabtree. In other words, he is stuck with this contract for the next five years at least. He is locked. His fate is tied to the Niners.

Our Front Office is GREAT. Parker is a piece of crap!
Share 49ersWebzone