There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Could 49ers inspired play and 3-1 record possibly gotten Craps back to table?

I don't think it was the sole reason why Crabtree came to the table, but I think it's a combination of things.

1.) The 49ers made it clear they weren't going to cave.
2.) The 49ers filed tampering charges against the Jets. This was sure to scare off any team who was talking to Crabtree in secret. Potential teams interested in Crabtree withdrew their support.
3.) Crabtree was very likely to drop in the 2010 draft if he held out that long, especially if no teams could interview or hold a workout.

I'm sure the good record and play was a small factor, but not too much. I think it was the fact that he lost all of his leverage in negotiations, I think. But it didn't help that the 49ers were doing well. If they were doing poorly, he could've been like "See! You guys need me! So pay me!"
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by PierceHolt:
I'm thinking that Crabtree's sudden decision to reverse-course was 99.99% motivated by the Jets trading for Braylon Edwards. With no other offers on the table (nor under the table), Crabtree had no choice but to sign with the Niners.

Couldn't get more obvious than this, Mr. Goodell.

Umm Crabtree was meeting with the Niners before the trade went down. Besides the Jets were one of 2 teams that wanted him according to Deion.

I think pas is right on this one. Crabtree was willing to sit the year, but with us starting off so well the risk of sitting a year didn't look so appealing anymore.

well that doesn't mean the braylon edwards trade has been in the works less than a day...there had to be talks days before...soooo maybe rumor got to eugene parker's mobile...who knows
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I don't think it was the sole reason why Crabtree came to the table, but I think it's a combination of things.

1.) The 49ers made it clear they weren't going to cave.
2.) The 49ers filed tampering charges against the Jets. This was sure to scare off any team who was talking to Crabtree in secret. Potential teams interested in Crabtree withdrew their support.
3.) Crabtree was very likely to drop in the 2010 draft if he held out that long, especially if no teams could interview or hold a workout.

I'm sure the good record and play was a small factor, but not too much. I think it was the fact that he lost all of his leverage in negotiations, I think. But it didn't help that the 49ers were doing well. If they were doing poorly, he could've been like "See! You guys need me! So pay me!"

I'm with him.
  • PierceHolt
  • Info N/A
I'm thinking that Crabtree's sudden decision to reverse-course was 99.99% motivated by the Jets trading for Braylon Edwards. With no other offers on the table (nor under the table), Crabtree had no choice but to sign with the Niners.

Umm Crabtree was meeting with the Niners before the trade went down. Besides the Jets were one of 2 teams that wanted him according to Deion.

The timing of these two events happening on the exact same day just seems too coincidental. It's obvious the Jets started getting cold feet with the NFL tampering investigation, and realized their chances of getting Crabtree were dwindling. Then along comes the Braylon incident on Sunday, and by Monday the Browns are seeking trade offers. The Jets immediately jump on board trade talks, the word filters through to Crabtree and he immediately tells his agent to resume talks with the Niners. By Tuesday night, the Jets are ready to finalize their deal for Braylon and Crabtree decides to sign on the dotted line.

All of these two (supposedly) independent line of events coincidentally happened in the same span of 24 hours. Call me crazy, but I'm thinking there's a strong correlation.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:

I think pas is right on this one. Crabtree was willing to sit the year, but with us starting off so well the risk of sitting a year didn't look so appealing anymore.

well that doesn't mean the braylon edwards trade has been in the works less than a day...there had to be talks days before...soooo maybe rumor got to eugene parker's mobile...who knows

And Deion was hinting about Crabtree on Sunday so obviously this was in the works for a couple of days as well.

As for Braylon I doubt there was serious talks before Sunday. I think Massaquoi stepping up and Cleveland's season already being lost made Braylon expandable.

Let's not forget that Braylon is a free agent too. There's no guarantee this is anything more than a one year fix. The Jets gave up pennies on the dollar to acquire him so they're hardly committed to him.

The timing of these two events happening on the exact same day just seems too coincidental. It's obvious the Jets started getting cold feet with the NFL tampering investigation, and realized their chances of getting Crabtree were dwindling. Then along comes the Braylon incident on Sunday, and by Monday the Browns are seeking trade offers. The Jets immediately jump on board trade talks, the word filters through to Crabtree and he immediately tells his agent to resume talks with the Niners. By Tuesday night, the Jets are ready to finalize their deal for Braylon and Crabtree decides to sign on the dotted line.

All of these two (supposedly) independent line of events coincidentally happened in the same span of 24 hours. Call me crazy, but I'm thinking there's a strong correlation.

Or the Jets are 3-1 and they want to win right now. Anyway you slice it Crabtree was not going to be a Jet this year. There's no committment to Braylon because he's a free agent and they gave up sh*t to get him. What team desperately needing a receiver is not going to sign up for that.
He saw how crappy the Raiders are and saying to himself, "damn i could be on that team!", and how we are a team and organization going somewhere....He realized he needs to get in and on the field.

HE COULD HAVE BETTER STATS BY DHB AFTER HIS 1ST GAME.....LMAO!!!!!
Has our team play affected the decision to end the holdout???

Most Definitely... If we were 0-4, he'd still be out...

But, since this is a done deal.... Welcome Aboard.... Hope you're on the
field soon, and I can't wait to watch you play on Monday Night Football when
the Tards come to the bay Dec 14th..... Please make an immediate impact...

A9R4Life
I'm sure it helped things along.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I'm sure it helped things along.

It couldn't have hurt.
its obvious we are doing fine , he and his gay agent felt the organization was moving on without him so he jumped aboard , but i dont care anymore, i just want him to get focused cause like it or not we need him when we play the colts , texans , jags, and that tough stretch