LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Could 49ers inspired play and 3-1 record possibly gotten Craps back to table?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Say what you will, but the timing of today's meet coupled with a 35-zip blowout, plus 2 earlier wins, plus dang near beating the Vikes until last 2 seconds...well, you put that packet together and i wonder if Craps suddenly saw this team in a different light. When he was drafted, we were right there with leagues worst teams. Maybe he didn't want to play for a loser. Anybody that watched these last 4 games would have to be impressed, and that sure could include a rookie who may not have wanted to play for a loser. Well, thanks to bigmike, this team has turned the corner...something i did not predict...and especially this early in the season.

The odd comment re: Jimmy Rae never having had a WR with more than 60 catches? Ah, i don't think that has any bearing on this non- signing. But not wanting to play for a loser, a team with no direction and no hope? I could see that(in addition to the money angle). But right now what i think is Craps may not want to sit by while 48 other guys are playing their hearts out, and finally, after 7 long yrs , have coaching coherence, with direction, and wah la...a really great team in the making. I can see a really good WR wanting some of that action. These guys who are playing out of their skulls may have just been the incentive to get cRaps out there. Oh, and nobody...nobody, could ignore wanting to get a chance to play for bigMike right now.
Did he publicly state he didn't want to be a Raider? I think he did

But if he wanted to go top 5 then he should have been ready to go to a bad team unless someone traded up
i believe he was banking on going to the seahawks or jaguars, two teams that have been in the playoffs in recent years..
Thank you NFC West for being a weak division, and taking away any leverage Crabtree hoped to have.
I'm pretty sure that there are "playoff incentives" built into his initial contract. I'm sure he's trying to up those right now (knowing how we stand a pretty good chance to win the West - hell ya, we will). The focus of negotiations right now is probably focused on performance incentives, ROTY incentives, and playoff incentives..

Let's just get this done. He will probably end up being a big star on a winning Niner team. I have to agree with you - He probably was not looking to play for a "hard-luck" team (perhaps because of contract playoff incentives)...

God, I hate the money crap in the NFL. The league is so powerful, they should just put tight caps on salaries, and have strict, rigid salaries based on performance and years of experience...

The money is the root of all the problems. I honestly don't think someone catching a 12 inch chunk of pigskin should earn more than the person teaching my kids, or treating me for my broken arm... Meh... But I guess that greed factor just drives a lot of people. Somewhere along the way we lost our way and decided entertainment and games were much more important that stupid stuff like our kids, our education, or our future...

Oh well. Where's my DVR remote? Gotta watch that 35zip beauty again!
I'm pretty sure that there are "playoff incentives" built into his initial contract. I'm sure he's trying to up those right now (knowing how we stand a pretty good chance to win the West - hell ya, we will). The focus of negotiations right now is probably focused on performance incentives, ROTY incentives, and playoff incentives..

Let's just get this done. He will probably end up being a big star on a winning Niner team. I have to agree with you - He probably was not looking to play for a "hard-luck" team (perhaps because of contract playoff incentives)...

God, I hate the money crap in the NFL. The league is so powerful, they should just put tight caps on salaries, and have strict, rigid salaries based on performance and years of experience...

The money is the root of all the problems. I honestly don't think someone catching a 12 inch chunk of pigskin should earn more than the person teaching my kids, or treating me for my broken arm... Meh... But I guess that greed factor just drives a lot of people. Somewhere along the way we lost our way and decided entertainment and games were much more important that stupid stuff like our kids, our education, or our future...

Oh well. Where's my DVR remote? Gotta watch that 35zip beauty again!
i didn't call this signing, i just hypothesized, and next day it happened. That said, the one worst thing that could now happen is for Craps to get out there and get injured. That is one of the big things TC is for, preseason, etc. I will be sick to see him out there on 3rd and long against Atlanta, or the next game, or the next. He needs a full 3-4 weeks full contact conditioning to really get in shape to play. Playing him now, early, would be pennywise and pound foolish, no matter how much fan pressure is on bigMike to play him. One little wrong turn, one strain, one knee, or ankle, and his season will be over in a heartbeat. We are doing fine right now, so let's get this joker into condition and THEN play him.

I don't care if he's been working out at home or wherever. DO NOT play him for at least a month, regardles of how desperate we are, or how unhappy the fans are. We didn't have him for 4 wks, what's another 4 to help insure he doesn't get one of those season ending injuries.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
i didn't call this signing, i just hypothesized, and next day it happened. That said, the one worst thing that could now happen is for Craps to get out there and get injured. That is one of the big things TC is for, preseason, etc. I will be sick to see him out there on 3rd and long against Atlanta, or the next game, or the next. He needs a full 3-4 weeks full contact conditioning to really get in shape to play. Playing him now, early, would be pennywise and pound foolish, no matter how much fan pressure is on bigMike to play him. One little wrong turn, one strain, one knee, or ankle, and his season will be over in a heartbeat. We are doing fine right now, so let's get this joker into condition and THEN play him.

I don't care if he's been working out at home or wherever. DO NOT play him for at least a month, regardles of how desperate we are, or how unhappy the fans are. We didn't have him for 4 wks, what's another 4 to help insure he doesn't get one of those season ending injuries.

I agree with both of your posts. We have to make sure he's ready to contribute by the post season. Let him get in football shape, ease him into the offense, and hopefully come January he's ready to contribute.
It had to have influenced in him making this decision. If we were 1-3, it would have been leverage for him to make it seem like we needed him more. I wonder what will happen if we have a bad year in the near future though?
no

• PierceHolt
  • Info N/A
I'm thinking that Crabtree's sudden decision to reverse-course was 99.99% motivated by the Jets trading for Braylon Edwards. With no other offers on the table (nor under the table), Crabtree had no choice but to sign with the Niners.

Couldn't get more obvious than this, Mr. Goodell.
Originally posted by PierceHolt:
I'm thinking that Crabtree's sudden decision to reverse-course was 99.99% motivated by the Jets trading for Braylon Edwards. With no other offers on the table (nor under the table), Crabtree had no choice but to sign with the Niners.

Couldn't get more obvious than this, Mr. Goodell.

Umm Crabtree was meeting with the Niners before the trade went down. Besides the Jets were one of 2 teams that wanted him according to Deion.

I think pas is right on this one. Crabtree was willing to sit the year, but with us starting off so well the risk of sitting a year didn't look so appealing anymore.
This whole thing stinks! I believe the reason Crabtree signed was 'cause there was no other "potential" offer out there for him. Once the 49ers filed the tampering charges, I think the team(s) who tried to pull a fast one backed out. Also, the Crabtree "camp" was really hoping that we had a bad start...something like 0-3, so we become desperate.
It's a shame that we had to go thru so much crap to get this bum.

They say, the first impression is the best impression. Let's just hope this bum shows up and performs on the field...where it really matters.
Don't Tell Me Show Me , We have not beaten a team with a winning record ! Almost don't cut it !
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
The fact that we are winning helped, but not because Crabs cares, because it took away leverage. If Deion is his big advisor than money is first and foremost right now as it was for Deion once he got a ring. Now maybe when he is older and paid he will care more about winning. Just because he signed hasn't changed my opinion of him as a money first guy. Hope I'm wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone