LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 259 users in the forums

Did Patrick Willis get robbed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did Patrick Willis get robbed?

Originally posted by Super5:
The way P.Willis flies to the QB if the Niners allowed him do that a few times a game he'd probably lead the NFL in sacks by the end of the year.

exactly what i was thinking
  • VDburns6949
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Schulzy:
I would have had a sack against that GB offensive line. Willis had more of a complete game.

Yea i agree w/ you P.Willis had 2.5 sack pick 6and like 4 tackles for loss and his team pitched a shut-out. I guess he must be getting punished for letting farve get that block on him J/k
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Allen had a good game no doubt, but of course this has Favre love written all over it.

or jared allen plays on d and had nothing to do with it...but maybe you're right

Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by Super5:
The way P.Willis flies to the QB if the Niners allowed him do that a few times a game he'd probably lead the NFL in sacks by the end of the year.

exactly what i was thinking

i own a willis jersey so don't get me wrong...but lets see it against a team other than the rams
i think willis should of won it, he had a great day in every category. sacks, tackles and a pick six!
Originally posted by Conejo:
No, Allen got robbed, how can anyone say Allen did not have the best week by a defensive player?

Allen did NOT....he was going up against back up OL

Sharper and Willis were better. Sharper against a rookie with a great D in front of him and Willis going against Boller who is better than bulger now....toss up
this thread = homerism at it's finest

If we played the packers with that same LG playing LT and Justin Smith had the day Allen had on MNF, everyone would be on JS' nuts

unreal

NO a lot of us can use our heads....like myself and realize why a player would have a good/great game. if Smith had a great game against the pack, we would not brag.......POINT PROVEN IS THIS....hardly none of us said we have the best D b/c we beat the rams....We All....or at least almost all of us said well it was the rams But our D still did really well. Nice ty though...no homerism on my as well as many of our parts
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Allen had a good game no doubt, but of course this has Favre love written all over it.

pretty easy to get 4 sacks against that offensive line

Yup, I thought I heard they were using a backup of a backup for one position.

And what.. Kyle Boller is a pro bowler? cmon... the rams are absolutely terrible... Allen did get robbed IMO
Guys, it has to do with the Rams. Patrick got punished because we played the Rams. If he can duplicate this feat against the Falcons this week, rest assured he WILL be DPW.

Originally posted by Niners99:
No, Allen got robbed, how can anyone say Allen did not have the best week by a defensive player?

because his 4.5 sacks were against the worst Oline in football. Antwan Odom recorded 5 sacks against the same Packers Oline.

Willis deserved this EASILY.

you beat yourself with your argument ...

we played the Rams

Willis was all over the field. doesnt have anything to do with playing the rams. he made outstanding plays in a bunch of different areas, not just sacks. imo 8 tackles, 3 of them for a loss, 2.5 sacks, and a pick 6 that was the nail in the coffin is more impressive than just 4.5 sacks against an OL thats already given up like 20 sacks in 4 games.

Bigger game.

Not taking anything away from P52, but it was STL FCOL!!!!
  • evil
  • Veteran

because his 4.5 sacks were against the worst Oline in football. Antwan Odom recorded 5 sacks against the same Packers Oline.

we played the Rams

Willis was all over the field. doesnt have anything to do with playing the rams. he made outstanding plays in a bunch of different areas, not just sacks. imo 8 tackles, 3 of them for a loss, 2.5 sacks, and a pick 6 that was the nail in the coffin is more impressive than just 4.5 sacks against an OL thats already given up like 20 sacks in 4 games.

Allen had 2 tackles less but MLB's should have more tackles than a DE. Allen also had a safety and a FF. Not to mention the QB hurries and the fact that he forced the Packers to keep players in to help block or line the TE up on the left side to help double him.

Willis no doubt had a great game but Jared Allen was clearly the DPOW.
in my opinion it was close but i think allen should have won to be honest! 4 sacks in a game is huge and with big losses! patrick willis did a great job as well but 4 sacks in a game is pretty damn good! darren sharper did not deserve it at all! woopty woo! 1 interception on a rookie qb!
Jared Allen had the best week by a defensive player in 5 years.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

we played the Rams

Allen had 2 tackles less but MLB's should have more tackles than a DE. Allen also had a safety and a FF. Not to mention the QB hurries and the fact that he forced the Packers to keep players in to help block or line the TE up on the left side to help double him.

Willis no doubt had a great game but Jared Allen was clearly the DPOW.

i suppose. i still think Willis' all around greatness was more impressive.

for the love of Derrick Thomas' 7 sack game, the Packers line needs to get better, or theyre going to let someone break his record. now if its one of our guys this year? ill be cool with that. lol Haralson 8 sack game in GB?
Share 49ersWebzone