Did Patrick Willis get robbed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did Patrick Willis get robbed?

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Conejo:
No, Allen got robbed, how can anyone say Allen did not have the best week by a defensive player?

Agreed.

This

Dude had 7 tackles 4.5 sacks and a safety

Yes it was against a bad GB line but the 9ers played the worst team in the league.
Allen from the Vikings should have won it. Willis will get his as year goes.
Patrick Willis does not get robbed. He gives his s**t away for free.
Jared Allen was the reason the Vikings beat the Packers, not Favre. Willis had a great game, but my homerism isn't even kicking in here...he did what was expected against a horrible team, whereas Allen made a longtime GOOD offensive tackle look like a rookie for 60 minutes.

Allen deserved it, then Willis, then Sharper.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Patrick Willis does not get robbed. He gives his s**t away for free.

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Allen had a good game no doubt, but of course this has Favre love written all over it.

Last time I checked, Favre played on the offense.

What Allen did is school the Packer O-line. This guy is a whirling dervish,
and as the announcer said, where does he get his enery. Maybe theirs an
endoresement deal in his future for an energy drink.

As for Sharper, it's pretty amazing what he did. Most teams thought he was
washed up.

Taking nothing away from Willis, because if he sustains his performance over the year, and the 49ers keep their winning ways, he very likely with be DPOY in the NFC.
Oh well, plenty of other chances to get DPOW.

DPOY on the other hand...
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
No, Allen got robbed, how can anyone say Allen did not have the best week by a defensive player?

because his 4.5 sacks were against the worst Oline in football. Antwan Odom recorded 5 sacks against the same Packers Oline.

Willis deserved this EASILY.

Odom faced off against Chad Clifton in that game, Allen did not. Allen faced a backup however he faced many of double teams on Monday.
yea, if you saw allen play, it was as if there was no LT at all. he set a mon night record for sacks too. allen got robbed
Originally posted by Jax49er:
Damnit!!! It's probably because i didnt vote!

haha, honestly. that's probably it, i didn't even know that he was considered. I would have voted to. my fault for not checking.

I think that int by Darren Sharper put him into hall of fame contention. Not a big deal to me those guys both had great weeks also Can't take anythign from them
Originally posted by Niners99:

because his 4.5 sacks were against the worst Oline in football. Antwan Odom recorded 5 sacks against the same Packers Oline.

Willis deserved this EASILY.

you beat yourself with your argument ...

we played the Rams
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
I would have had a sack against that GB offensive line. Willis had more of a complete game.

Doubtful. I think that you'd get Ragdolled. Assuming that you're not 300+ lbs and over 6'3" in height.

You know what though, I'm 5'10" and a buck.62 at 40. My HS coach used to put me in at End because he knew I got that German Irish temperament. You knock me down I'm gonna get ya right back. My natural positions were WR/DB btw. So I know if I would get RD'ed you will get RD'ed.

~Ceadder

Antoine Winfield?

I apologize, I'm not sure what you're saying. Could you be a little more specific?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I started to vote yes.

Then I thought, based on the level of competition that all 3 players faced? No he didn't get robbed. I would have been miffed if the other two guys played say the Raiders and the Browns but they were matched up against tougher teams than the Rams.

So nope, as much as I have Man love for Bam Bam, he didn't get robbed.

~Ceadder

*Kevin Gogan is the Packs OL coach? Am I reading that right? Since I'm pretty sure you don't mean Kevin Greene the former DE who is up for the HoF.* Okay mebbe you did mean Greene. WTF does he know about being an OLman other than how to get around them?

Greene is the LB's coach.
http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/greene_kevin/

Ahhh okay because I thought it was OLine seeing as it wasn't clearly stated. Linebackers coach is much more like what Greene's area of expertise is.

I was left and thinking "anything to break into coaching I guess". That would be like taking Doug Flutie and making him a DL coach imho. lol

~Ceadder
  • JC49
  • Veteran
If you are talking about Deion's top ten plays Willis, Allen, or somebody was robbed. Never liked Deion and he's not doing anything to change my mind. I used to watch his top ten with the sound off until he started running plays. And have you noticed how long his segment shows footage of himself, ugh. Plus this last week his number one pick was Sharper, I think for NO, who is also a CB, and who Deion claimed was imitating his own pre-touchdown, taunting strut. Sharper had a good weekend but not better than Willis for example. I can't even bear look at, never mind listen to, Deion anymore. I will not turn on that segment again.
Share 49ersWebzone