There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

On the air: 49ers in Week 5

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post?id=6434
the link didnt work for me, not sure if works for anybody else so here it is

Fox is sending its second-ranked NFL crew to Candlestick Park for the 49ers' game against the Falcons in Week 5. Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa will be working a 49ers game for the first time since Week 2 last season (at Seattle). Kickoff is at 1:05 p.m. PT.
Week Team Opp. Network Crew Crew Rank
1 SF ARI Fox Sam Rosen, Tim Ryan, Nischelle Turner
5 of 7
2 SF SEA Fox Thom Brennaman, Brian Billick
4 of 7
3 SF MIN Fox Sam Rosen, Tim Ryan
5 of 7
4 SF STL Fox Ron Pitts, John Lynch, Nischelle Turner
6 of 7
5 SF ATL Fox Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, Tony Siragusa
2 of 7

CBS has eight crews. Fox has seven. The networks rank their crews, with higher-ranked ones drawing more attractive assignments such as Super Bowls, playoff games and marquee matchups.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post?id=6434
Originally posted by valrod33:

Fox is sending its second-ranked NFL crew to Candlestick Park for the 49ers' game against the Falcons in Week 5. Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa will be working a 49ers game for the first time since Week 2 last season (at Seattle). Kickoff is at 1:05 p.m. PT.
5 of 7
4 of 7
5 of 7
6 of 7
2 of 7

CBS has eight crews. Fox has seven. The networks rank their crews, with higher-ranked ones drawing more attractive assignments such as Super Bowls, playoff games and marquee matchups.

I'm a little surprised that they aren't sending Buck and Aikman. All of the Fox games that day are pretty much dogs except for the 49ers vs. the Falcons.

Dallas at Kansas City 1:00 PM FOX (a bad team and an awful team)
Minnesota at St. Louis 1:00 PM FOX (a good team against a horrible team)
Tampa Bay at Philadelphia 1:00 PM FOX (a decent team against a horrible team)
Washington at Carolina 1:00 PM FOX (two bad teams)
Atlanta at San Francisco 4:05 PM FOX (two good teams)
NFC East always gets a lot of hype, and so does Favre. Buck and Aikman probably going to one of those
repeat after me: "east-coast bias/dallas cowgirl favoritism"

fox really ought to buck the trend, since their based out of LA. (lol, yeah follow their "news" network : "Fox Sports-- FAIR AND BALANCED")

as for the latter, as long as aikman is in the booth for the #1 crew, they'll choose a cowgirls vs. girls powder puff team over any game if all the rest of the games are what they deem "non-marquee" (read: unlikely to garner "big-market" east-coast attention)

[ Edited by Buonaparte69 on Oct 6, 2009 at 14:23:10 ]
Originally posted by valrod33:

5 of 7
4 of 7
5 of 7
6 of 7
2 of 7

i hate that fat f**k. i would rather see that one tranny dude sideline reporting. what the hell is her name? kim something...i think.

moose is ok with me. he's pretty fair.