There are 249 users in the forums

Mike Nolan Built this Team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't get the hate.

Nolan did help build this team. He brought in MS. Why have bad feelings? Honestly he helped turn the team around. What he couldn't seem to do is get the team back on a winning track. His termination and Singletary seemed to be the spark we needed to get playing with the talent we had. For whatever reason Nolan couldn't. Was it because he was a bad coach? Not likely, he's doing great in Denver. Then again some Coordinators don't make good HCs.

More likely in my head is that he was tied to a team that was losing for so long that he couldn't make the players see the vision. Regardless of fault, he needed to go.
Yes he did. Good talent evaluator but bad coach. Great DC but some guys are just better off doing just that. I think Norv leaving killed his career. If Norv wouldn't have left I really feel Smith would have blossomed and Nolan could have focused on D.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Yes he did. Good talent evaluator but bad coach. Great DC but some guys are just better off doing just that. I think Norv leaving killed his career. If Norv wouldn't have left I really feel Smith would have blossomed and Nolan could have focused on D.

Quite likely. Our offense sputtered when that happened and the team as a whole lost confidence in themselves and the coaches.
Member Milestone: This is post number 3,000 for smithgdwg.
The worst thing about Nolan is listening to him after a loss.

DREADFUL!!!!

I would much rather have Sing who at least speaks his mind.

• Chief
  • Veteran
f**k Mike Nowin.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
He also gave us Alex Smith.

and I will forever hate him for that.

nothing against Alex, but he was not ready to be drafted for this league and Nolan should have had advisers tell him that.
still glad hes gone
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Ah Mike Nowin....he's gone, and it was a long time coming.

Of course he did some good things....most were by accident rather than design.

He drafted Smith over Rodgers.
Threw Smith to the wolves first thing, while Rodgers was slowly groomed into a starter.
He started trading solid contributors left and right for 7th round picks....who he converted into no-talent yes-men like Billy Bajema and Mr. Whiteboy Dredlock
He started wearing a suit on the sidelines just like he did during his many Powerpoint presentations filled with idealistic buzzwords.
Eventually he threw his pet QB under the bus

The real downfall of Nolan was the leaving of Norv Turner and the hiring of that guy that had a playbook worse than Tecmo Bowl.
Seeing mike no-wins name makes me want to throw up. He also picked up Trent dilfer and started him almost a whole season........the same year Kurt Warner was available.
He also brought us A Smith... haaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
Originally posted by kray28:
Ah Mike Nowin....he's gone, and it was a long time coming.

Of course he did some good things....most were by accident rather than design.

He drafted Smith over Rodgers.
Threw Smith to the wolves first thing, while Rodgers was slowly groomed into a starter.
He started trading solid contributors left and right for 7th round picks....who he converted into no-talent yes-men like Billy Bajema and Mr. Whiteboy Dredlock
He started wearing a suit on the sidelines just like he did during his many Powerpoint presentations filled with idealistic buzzwords.
Eventually he threw his pet QB under the bus

well not necessarily just his QB

[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 5, 2009 at 21:31:12 ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

hahahhahah...

RIP
Share 49ersWebzone