There are 241 users in the forums

Niners have made GREAT free agency moves!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Have we done well in the draft since the Scott M. era began? Meh, we have done ok. Some bigs hits and some big misses (namely one).

But wow, what is really carrying this team right now are our free agents. Our QB that is really doing a fantastic job is a journeyman free agent we picked up from nowhere. We signed Bruce who many thought was old but is making major contributions.

Defense, though, is really where free agents are making an impact. Justin Smith was an AMAZING pickup; he is playing like one of the best DEs in the game. Takeo Spikes was not a top-flight guy but is playing lights-out solid here. Nate Clements is a great player and might be the best tackler I have seen in a CB. Dre Bly was a nice sign who is doing well as the #3 CB. Michael Lewis has played at a Pro-Bowl level for us.

So give the front office props for some great free agent signings! Now only if our drafts were a little more solid. Guys like Brandon Williams .
Agree mostly
Great pickups include:
J.Smith
N.Clements
M.Lewis
T.Spikes
I.Bruce
J.Nedney
M.Norris
Greast Draft Picks
Willis
Gore
Davis-yeah I said it
Staley
Lawson-see Davis
Morgan-6th round steal
Goldston-late round steal
Verdict Still out on
Crabtree
Baas
Rachel
Balmer
Coffee
R.Smith
P.Mckillop
B.Jones
Originally posted by matt49er:
Agree mostly
Great pickups include:
J.Smith
N.Clements
M.Lewis
T.Spikes
I.Bruce
J.Nedney
M.Norris
Greast Draft Picks
Willis
Gore
Davis-yeah I said it
Staley
Lawson-see Davis
Morgan-6th round steal
Verdict Still out on
Crabtree
Baas
Rachel
Balmer
Coffee
R.Smith
P.Mckillop
B.Jones

Haralson, snyder, delaine....
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
Have we done well in the draft since the Scott M. era began? Meh, we have done ok. Some bigs hits and some big misses (namely one).

But wow, what is really carrying this team right now are our free agents. Our QB that is really doing a fantastic job is a journeyman free agent we picked up from nowhere. We signed Bruce who many thought was old but is making major contributions.

Defense, though, is really where free agents are making an impact. Justin Smith was an AMAZING pickup; he is playing like one of the best DEs in the game. Takeo Spikes was not a top-flight guy but is playing lights-out solid here. Nate Clements is a great player and might be the best tackler I have seen in a CB. Dre Bly was a nice sign who is doing well as the #3 CB. Michael Lewis has played at a Pro-Bowl level for us.

So give the front office props for some great free agent signings! Now only if our drafts were a little more solid. Guys like Brandon Williams .

I agree our free agents are playing very well, as is the whole team too!
too bad Hill cant throw at all so whats the point of Jones and Crabtree, if all we throw are 2 yard screens
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
too bad Hill cant throw at all so whats the point of Jones and Crabtree, if all we throw are 2 yard screens

Did you watch the game?
As much as these free agency moves were great... I think many of you would agree with me that a lot of our recent success is because of Singletary taking over.

Our defense is playing lights out though. Our offense is getting the job done (hasn't been pretty). I'm loving it.

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Oct 4, 2009 at 18:22:12 ]
Hill is a soldier - he only does what he's told to do. In the second half, he was told to do something else - obviously.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Did you watch the game?

Apparently not.

Another Hill hater as I expected. The man is undefeated at home as a starter 7-0.

We won the game.

He was 14/24 152 yards 2TD 0 ints

Talk about ungrateful... Be happy we won. You must be one of those, "the glass half empty" kind of guys.

Go 49ers

no one likes you, not even family members
Originally posted by 9ermex:
Agree mostly
Great pickups include:
J.Smith
N.Clements
M.Lewis
T.Spikes
I.Bruce
J.Nedney
M.Norris
Greast Draft Picks
Willis
Gore
Davis-yeah I said it
Staley
Lawson-see Davis
Morgan-6th round steal
Verdict Still out on
Crabtree
Baas
Rachel
Balmer
Coffee
R.Smith
P.Mckillop
B.Jones

Haralson, snyder, delaine....

I knew I found forget someone....Snyder is not playing that well and Delaine is a backup TE Haralson is the only one that has done much out of those 3
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Another Hill hater as I expected. The man is undefeated at home as a starter 7-0.

We won the game.

He was 14/24 152 yards 2TD 0 ints

Talk about ungrateful... Be happy we won. You must be one of those, "the glass half empty" kind of guys.

Go 49ers

Give Hill time and he goes to the Pro Bowl. I know people laugh at me when I say that but he wins with NO protection. Imagine if he had a decent OL in front of him and I won't even change receivers - and I think he still goes.

No question about it - add a competent and creative and in-game adaptive OC and his potential is great. He's a very smart player.

PS: I actually saw ONE audible by Hill today. Wow!
Agree mostly
Great pickups include:
J.Smith
N.Clements
M.Lewis
T.Spikes
I.Bruce
J.Nedney
M.Norris
Greast Draft Picks
Willis
Gore
Davis-yeah I said it
Staley
Lawson-see Davis
Morgan-6th round steal
Verdict Still out on
Crabtree
Baas
Rachel
Balmer
Coffee
R.Smith
P.Mckillop
B.Jones

Who is Crabtree?
Originally posted by King49er:
Agree mostly
Great pickups include:
J.Smith
N.Clements
M.Lewis
T.Spikes
I.Bruce
J.Nedney
M.Norris
Greast Draft Picks
Willis
Gore
Davis-yeah I said it
Staley
Lawson-see Davis
Morgan-6th round steal
Verdict Still out on
Crabtree
Baas
Rachel
Balmer
Coffee
R.Smith
P.Mckillop
B.Jones

Who is Crabtree?

Some retard who makes sandwiches for a living at Subway.

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Oct 4, 2009 at 18:32:58 ]
Share 49ersWebzone