LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Niners have made GREAT free agency moves!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It was bad before it got better. Just right off the top:

Lelie
Banta Cain
Bryant Johnson
Antonio Bryant

Lelie, TBC were terrible.

But Bryant was decent for 1 yr and Bryant Johnson was a solid pickup, i miss him, hopefully Jones steps up once fully healthy.
I just knre there would be another Hill bashing. Just what does the guy have to do? His QB rating was over 100. He's 7-0 at home. He throws the occasional deep ball, which yesterday at least, got dropped, but he's not supposed to have the arm to be able to do so. Makes mostly good decisions (I admit he's made some bonehead throws into coverage that luckily didn't get picked, but who doesn't?). All this without adequate protection. I guarantee Alex would have been picked several times by now and missed quite a few more open receivers. Yeah, Hill doesn't have a cannon and I'd like to see more zip on the ball, but be happy we have him, while the more intriguing prospect, Nate Davis, matures and develops. Right now, the most pressing need, surprisingly, is the O line, both in run and pass blocking. I say surprisingly because the former was supposedly a strength in camp and preseason. IMO. both have been huge disappointments.
Back to the original topic, all the free agents mentioned above have made positive impacts and are great additions.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It was bad before it got better. Just right off the top:

Lelie
Banta Cain
Bryant Johnson
Antonio Bryant

Lelie, TBC were terrible.

But Bryant was decent for 1 yr and Bryant Johnson was a solid pickup, i miss him, hopefully Jones steps up once fully healthy.

Yeah, you can make a case that both suffered with their production along with the bad teams that we had. But not sure you can do the same for Lelie and Banta Cain. But those were desperate times for the front office though. Not like we were an attractive team in the FA market.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I just knre there would be another Hill bashing. Just what does the guy have to do? His QB rating was over 100. He's 7-0 at home. He throws the occasional deep ball, which yesterday at least, got dropped, but he's not supposed to have the arm to be able to do so. Makes mostly good decisions (I admit he's made some bonehead throws into coverage that luckily didn't get picked, but who doesn't?). All this without adequate protection. I guarantee Alex would have been picked several times by now and missed quite a few more open receivers. Yeah, Hill doesn't have a cannon and I'd like to see more zip on the ball, but be happy we have him, while the more intriguing prospect, Nate Davis, matures and develops. Right now, the most pressing need, surprisingly, is the O line, both in run and pass blocking. I say surprisingly because the former was supposedly a strength in camp and preseason. IMO. both have been huge disappointments.
Back to the original topic, all the free agents mentioned above have made positive impacts and are great additions.

LOL

There are Hill threads that you can vent, why here
Share 49ersWebzone