LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Defensive post-game analysis (Game 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
WOW, defense just took it to the Rams second half. Willis awesome as usual, second good game for Lawson is he finally taking it to the next level? What did we finish with 5 sacks, 3 turnovers of which 2 returned for TD’s, kept there offense under 100 yards rushing.

Congats Niner D on the shut out great, great game.
Um, wow.
Defense did what expected... rape the rams.
Shutout.
Great job and thank god i did not have to see much of roman in there. Our D will face its toughest test next week. Not worry about turner but im alittle worried about ryan,gonzo and white.
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Great job and thank god i did not have to see much of roman in there. Our D will face its toughest test next week. Not worry about turner but im alittle worried about ryan,gonzo and white.

Bring it.
Man, I can't wait to see how this team does next week against the Falcons. I think the defense can shut the Falcons' offense down.

The 9ers offense is another story. I'm not sure what the Falcons defense looks like.
Originally posted by taney71:
Man, I can't wait to see how this team does next week against the Falcons. I think the defense can shut the Falcons' offense down.

The 9ers offense is another story. I'm not sure what the Falcons defense looks like.

i haven't watched any falcons games
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by taney71:

i haven't watched any falcons games

The only thing that has me a little nervous about the Falcons is that they've had 2 weeks to prepare for us.

I think that it will be a very even matchup.

-9fA
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Its nice to see Patrick Willis racking up only 5 tackles... that means more players are making plays on Defense.

Great defense, but that should be expected against the Rams. Especially since they had their back up tackles and QB in the game.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Our defense OWNS.

EDIT: I just noticed we held the Rams to just over 200 yards total. That's dope even though the Rams blow. A performance like that is impressive against any professional football team.

Opposing teams hold us under 200 yards every game. Damn our offense sucks. lol
SO happy to see Bly back on the field at the end of the game

as well as Goldson..... I really really like our secondary.
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Justin Smith was all over the backfield of the Rams!!
Pretty hard to find anything wrong with the "D" today. They dominated, created turnovers and converted them into 14 points. They created mismatches, and held Jackson to under 100 yards rushing. They gave up no long pass plays of any consequence, and got sacks and pressure on Boller. And, we pitched a shutout! It does not get much better than this! Nope no complaints or nitpicking on the "D" today, it's all good!

[ Edited by 49ERGLENN on Oct 4, 2009 at 17:08:49 ]
Share 49ersWebzone