There are 343 users in the forums

Shaun Hill = Trent Dilfer?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Both aren't that mobile

He reminds me more of a slightly better version of Tim Rattay.

I'm having bad flashbacks. Nobody should ever be compared to Tim Ratty. Well, except maybe Steve Stenstrom.

Rattay played pretty well when he had decent talent around him. IN 03, he had some impressive starts for us. He was throwing to TO, of course, but he was good.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Both aren't that mobile

He reminds me more of a slightly better version of Tim Rattay.

I'm having bad flashbacks. Nobody should ever be compared to Tim Ratty. Well, except maybe Steve Stenstrom.

Why not ask him yourself?

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/475
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by Chief:
Nothing, zero. nada..

Not alike at all, IMO.

Hill is a much better QB.

Hill puts up the same crap numbers that Smith , Dilfer all the rest did and everyone was crying when will our qb have 300 yd game , Now his crap throws and numbers are fine because the team is winning it's as simple as that

Under Martz Hill was more aggressive and had a 300 yard passing game against the Cowgirls. Under Raye, hes just conservative. But 300 yard passing games is not what matters, what matters to me is, can he stand in the pocket and deliver.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Why not ask him yourself?

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/475

Quote:
demond wallace, jackson,ms
what do you think about the match up with atlanta this I hope our o line can handle pass rush of atlanta

Shaun Hill, San Francisco 49ers
Atlanta is a very good team, and will be a good test for us. That's for sure. Don't want to give them any bulletin board material.

basically meaning...."We Gonna blow they asses out"

jk....Shaun is a cool dude...I like these respones from him

Quote:

After being not being drafted, playing in NFL Europe, and eventually landing with the 49ers, how were you able to keep your focus and belief in yourself that you could play if called upon? How did you know you were going to be able to be a QB in the NFL and were not going to end up bagging groceries somewhere?

I guess the thing that's always gotten me through, and kind of just my personality and the way I am, is perseverance, patience and overall optimism. It's just the way I am, just the way I'm wired. There was no way of knowing, I just knew I was going to do everything in my power to work as hard as I could work, and be ready if the time did come.

David Miller, Columbus Oh.
Shaun, Im a die-hard 49ers fan who is originally from San Francisco and was there to witness unforgetable moments with the Niner's and championships as well. Being aware that your our guy now, do you feel pressured in following big traditional footsteps? Or do you feel comfortable in taking our team to that level once again?

No, not really. I don't feel pressure. I just make sure I cover all my bases during the week. I work hard every week in order to prepare for games. When you do that, there's no pressure on you. Pressure comes when you're unprepared, and I always try to make sure I'm prepared.
Share 49ersWebzone