Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are you happy with Hill's Performance?

• obx49
  • Veteran
Shaun Hill's rankings:

548 yards ranks him 7th in the NFC and 26th in the NFL
63.4 completion percentage ranks him 10th in the NFC and 16th in the NFL
89.9 QB rating ranks him 7th in the NFC and 11th in the NFL
With only 82 attempts Hill ranks 14th and 26th in the NFC and the NFL respectively.
Finally, Hill has thrown only one INT which ranks him tied at third in the NFC and tied at 4th in the NFL.

Based on what I've read from Raye's statements about Hill, I believe Raye has absolutely no confidence in Hill. Hopefully as the season progresses that will change, because based on the stats Hill has done his job very well.
There's a difference between "happy" and what I think of Hill's performance.

Pretty much in the middle here. Not happy, but satisfied.
About what I expected...
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
There's a difference between "happy" and what I think of Hill's performance. Pretty much in the middle here. Not happy, but satisfied.

yeah but how much of that is our crappy playcalling? im in the same boat as you but i wish raye would let him throw the ball. we need to see what we have.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
There's a difference between "happy" and what I think of Hill's performance. Pretty much in the middle here. Not happy, but satisfied.

yeah but how much of that is our crappy playcalling? im in the same boat as you but i wish raye would let him throw the ball. we need to see what we have.

I think the play-calling has been fine. Eats the clock, allows us to open the pass late in games, and minimizes TOs. That's what this team is built to play like.
It's too early to tell. A lot can change still.
We didn't have to draft him. We don't even have to pay him much. And yet he is starting and playing respectable ball.

How can you not be happy?
Originally posted by obx49:
Shaun Hill's rankings:

548 yards ranks him 7th in the NFC and 26th in the NFL
63.4 completion percentage ranks him 10th in the NFC and 16th in the NFL
89.9 QB rating ranks him 7th in the NFC and 11th in the NFL
With only 82 attempts Hill ranks 14th and 26th in the NFC and the NFL respectively.
Finally, Hill has thrown only one INT which ranks him tied at third in the NFC and tied at 4th in the NFL.

Based on what I've read from Raye's statements about Hill, I believe Raye has absolutely no confidence in Hill. Hopefully as the season progresses that will change, because based on the stats Hill has done his job very well.

I think we also need to question Raye's judgement? I mean, we are not talking about a great OC who has developed great QBs or holds multiple SB rings. Everyone has flaws, so I think Raye needs to do some introspection as well.
Having said that, Hill is a good player, and has two key TD drives in 3 games when our team needed it most. He's got heart & determination. Those things are hard to measure. So, is he a great QB? I don't know...time will tell.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
he finishes too fast

Are we talking about his sex life or on the field?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Yes, next question!!!

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
he finishes too fast

Are we talking about his sex life or on the field?

IMO, Hills more than capable of managing a game and that's a good thing!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Yes, next question!!!

Ok, lets try this one...Do you think the FUTURE QB is Hill, Davis, still playing college ball? Or is it too early to tell?
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Yes, next question!!!

Ok, lets try this one...Do you think the FUTURE QB is Hill, Davis, still playing college ball? Or is it too early to tell?

I don't think anyone can answer that. Your question doesn't make any sense.
I just wish they would open up the playbook a lil more for hill....
Share 49ersWebzone