LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Are you happy with Hill's Performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are you happy with Hill's Performance?

• titan
  • Veteran
No! but through the season he has been solid.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
start nate davis
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Squirrel:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Niners fell behind and Hill's limitations were extremely evident.

Hill can't play if the team is behind. Period. Let's face it that Alex Smith should at least get a chance to play.

I don't think people realize it has been TWO YEARS since he has gotten a shot to play. He wasn't bench because of a bad performance but because he got hurt early in his THIRD YEAR.

Doesn't matter. Shaun Hill is the guy for a lot of people on this board.

He had a terrible game. I am rewatching the game now, and almost NONE of his throws were on target. You can't really blame him for the defense giving up 45 points? I mean, he only gave up 1 interception that the falcons ended up scoring on. However, I can't defend the guy because he looked like garbage today. I wouldn't call for his head after one bad game, but if a repeat performance happens, things might change... BTW, Hill still gives us a better chance to win than AS....

How can you be so sure?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Not happy with Hill's performance today, but still not off his bandwagon. How many times did he turn the ball over today....once, and that was by a tipped pass. How many TD's did the defense give up today....too many to count. I'm not saying Hill doesn't deserve blame, but its not all on him.
But...but...Hill is clutch.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

HILL just wins...

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Not happy with Hill's performance today, but still not off his bandwagon. How many times did he turn the ball over today....once, and that was by a tipped pass. How many TD's did the defense give up today....too many to count. I'm not saying Hill doesn't deserve blame, but its not all on him.

If Smith had the same game I wonder what people would be saying?

I know you're a Hill guy but the problem with Hill is that he's limited. To be a good team we need a QB who can throw the ball.

Smith is a bum and just horrible. Put Hill in ... blah, blah, blah, ....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

People would be saying the same things that they are saying about Hill right now. Anyone disagree??

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

HILL just wins...

... except for when he loses.

Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by jcs:
You guys realize hill is in the top 10 in QB rating, tied for top 10 in TD passes and has more yards per attempt than Tom Brady and a higher completion percentage than Brady, Romo, Sanchez, A.Rodgers, Palmer and P.Rivers. Oh yeah and he's 3-1 this year. Now if he only had some real NFL quality WR's to throw to....

Hill's the Rodney Dangerfield of NFL QBs.

Man did he stink it up against the falcons though. He was throwing in the dirt, over his receivers heads, and even when it was a catchable ball he was setting them up to get their heads taken off.

People would be saying the same things that they are saying about Hill right now. Anyone disagree??

There is a sizeable bunch of Smith haters so I can't. I bashed Smith when he had bad games but knew he was a rookie, second year player. Since then he's been hurt/not playing.
Originally posted by AkNiners:
Man did he stink it up against the falcons though. He was throwing in the dirt, over his receivers heads, and even when it was a catchable ball he was setting them up to get their heads taken off.

Did you not notice him doing this regularly for the first 4 games?

Yeah. Talk about the offensive line or the poor play (lackadasical - Morgan) of the receivers (remember Darrell Jackson?) would just be excuses. Alex would bare the brunt of all of it.
Share 49ersWebzone