There are 209 users in the forums

Are you happy with Hill's Performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are you happy with Hill's Performance?

• 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Hill gets worked by a second year kid , what a joke if Hill's the best player on the O ,they are in real trouble
Hill is awkward and lacks athleticism. If we have Ryan on our team, the score is different.
So, if we have Alexcuses and Alex Apologists, what the hell are we going to call it when all of the Hill lovers come out and start making excuses for today's performance?

Face it: The guy is a career backup dressing up as starter.

But, hey, if the fans are happy with it.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Squirrel:
So, if we have Alexcuses and Alex Apologists, what the hell are we going to call it when all of the Hill lovers come out and start making excuses for today's performance?

Not me... he's reached his ceiling.

Time to look at other options that may have a chance to make us better. Honestly, Davis probably wouldn't do much worse with this conservative game plan.

Niners fell behind and Hill's limitations were extremely evident.
how many of his passes were aimed at the floor today? that was ugly
Originally posted by BHulman:

Hill can't play if the team is behind. Period. Let's face it that Alex Smith should at least get a chance to play.

I don't think people realize it has been TWO YEARS since he has gotten a shot to play. He wasn't bench because of a bad performance but because he got hurt early in his THIRD YEAR.
He demonstrated that he is nothing but a career backup. He will help us to win some games against poor teams but against the upper tier teams, he cannot perform. We may make the playoffs, only because our division is so bad, but we will not go deep.
Originally posted by taney71:

Hill can't play if the team is behind. Period. Let's face it that Alex Smith should at least get a chance to play.

I don't think people realize it has been TWO YEARS since he has gotten a shot to play. He wasn't bench because of a bad performance but because he got hurt early in his THIRD YEAR.

Doesn't matter. Shaun Hill is the guy for a lot of people on this board.

Hill is not the answer. But today's whooping by the Falcons was a team fail.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
today's whooping by the Falcons was a team fail.

agreed. from sing to everyone, this was a team fail.
Is it coincidental that JTO blew up in his 4th game last year and Hill blew up in his 5th this year? A few games does not a good QB make. He has to show it throughout a season and especially in the tough games in the post-season.

This is why I have never been able to understand why so many fans jumped on JTO, then Hill with such uncritical enthusiasm. I have even seen glimpses of the same fantasy-thinking regarding Nate Davis.

Slow down everyone. Reserve judgment, be skeptical. If you choose and marry women with the same lack of careful discernment, no wonder so many mistakes are made.
Originally posted by ritchie:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
today's whooping by the Falcons was a team fail.

agreed. from sing to everyone, this was a team fail.

Andy Lee had a good game.
Originally posted by taney71:

Doesn't matter. Shaun Hill is the guy for a lot of people on this board.

He had a terrible game. I am rewatching the game now, and almost NONE of his throws were on target. You can't really blame him for the defense giving up 45 points? I mean, he only gave up 1 interception that the falcons ended up scoring on. However, I can't defend the guy because he looked like garbage today. I wouldn't call for his head after one bad game, but if a repeat performance happens, things might change... BTW, Hill still gives us a better chance to win than AS....
Share 49ersWebzone