Are you happy with Hill's Performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are you happy with Hill's Performance?

• Nes49
  • Veteran
I'M HAPPY WITH 3-1!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Hill jas a lot of passes dropped. His number would be a lot better without the dropped passes. It doesn't help that we have the most predictable running game in NFL history. You can see a run play coming from 10 miles away.

I'm happy with Hill though. I trust him with the game on the line which I haven't been able to say in a while about a QB on our team. Given our nature to be in close games this season I can't ask for much more.

I think Hill would have pretty awesome numbers if our OC had any semblance of a killer instinct at all (though the TD to Morgan to completely end the game was nice to see, hopefully we can grow in that area).
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Antix:
Hill jas a lot of passes dropped. His number would be a lot better without the dropped passes. It doesn't help that we have the most predictable running game in NFL history. You can see a run play coming from 10 miles away.

I'm happy with Hill though. I trust him with the game on the line which I haven't been able to say in a while about a QB on our team. Given our nature to be in close games this season I can't ask for much more.

I think Hill would have pretty awesome numbers if our OC had any semblance of a killer instinct at all (though the TD to Morgan to completely end the game was nice to see, hopefully we can grow in that area).

Good post, I agree. With Hill, I feel total confident in EVERY game we play, where I cringe is when we run the ball. But I'd have to say its a combination of both our O-line and OC. I know our OC would like to control the game with the run, but if that's not working he shouldn't think twice about passing the ball.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Antix:

Good post, I agree. With Hill, I feel total confident in EVERY game we play, where I cringe is when we run the ball. But I'd have to say its a combination of both our O-line and OC. I know our OC would like to control the game with the run, but if that's not working he shouldn't think twice about passing the ball.

That is what opposing teams want us to do, making us one dementional so they can but 8 men in the box and challenge is through the air. It's our D that keeps them honest.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
I'm happy with Hill so far. He's the 11th rated QB in the NFL which is way better than we've had in recent years. He's a game manager. He's not losing us any games, which is was Sing said he wanted. I'm curious though how he'd perform if he were to have to win a game running a 2 minute offense.

He did it in ARZ and MIN.

How soon they forget.
I'm happy with Hill so far. He's the 11th rated QB in the NFL which is way better than we've had in recent years. He's a game manager. He's not losing us any games, which is was Sing said he wanted. I'm curious though how he'd perform if he were to have to win a game running a 2 minute offense.

How soon they forget.

My bad...i'm sick and on multiple cold medications. lol Bottom line...yes, i'm happy with Hill so far.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

How soon they forget.

My bad...i'm sick and on multiple cold medications. lol Bottom line...yes, i'm happy with Hill so far.

Get well soon!!!

How soon they forget.

Get well soon!!!

the swines flues!!
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
It may be that he's having to run a more complex Offense than he is comfortable with. And he's not sure WHICH audible to make. Martz actually stripped the playbook down to the simplest of plays, whereas I'm sure that Raye added a few wrinkles to that. I just don't think that Hill has enough experience to do it.

And how about a freakin PUMP FAKE once in awhile. Even if it's to the guy that he's gonna throw to. At least it should make the Defender question it long enough to get some DESPERATELY needed separation. Now just IMAGINE if he had PF'ed that pass that Bruce had to Defense 3 games ago? That would have broken the string of 3 an outs, been a TD and changed ALOT of minds, including MINE about what kind of QB he is. Not that Smith PF'ed much but at least that guy has a stronger pass in a similar situation.[nuetral]

Originally posted by JC49:
Shaun Hill's performance rates eleventh in the league according to his quarterback rating. The quarterback rating was created by the league to rate quarterback play. Shaun rates ahead of people like Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Jay Cutler, and Philip Rivers. I don't hear them taking a tenth the crap put together that Hill does. People can say whatever they want about him but he doesn't shoot us in the foot.

Given the fact that he can be relied upon not to make bonehead plays I think he should be given more leeway to operate with. I don't think we aren't more aggressive or unpredictable because of Hill. Our offense is Raye's creation. If Raye could loosen things up I think for every iota he did Hill's rating would go up a corresponding point. Hill is not limiting our offense, our offense is limited.

If our o-line was getting it done, as well as the receiver corps, we were calling plays that asked something of our quarterback, and Shaun wasn't delivering, well we could say we need a quarterback. That is not what's going on. I think if we were less predictable so that defenses couldn't put eight or nine in the box that also might make life a little easier for our line.

Shaun successfully does what is asked of him. He won in Martz's offense too in case you forgot and that was a down field passing attack. Get off his case and start discussing Raye's lack of creativity and by extension Singletary's conservatism. When we have a line that isn't allowing four sacks a game and productive receivers then maybe we can think about upgrading our QB position.

You know why they don't take a tenth of the criticism?

They've PROVEN themselves. And really? Each one of them is TEN times the QB that Hill is. So why are you even asking such a question? How old are you if you don't see the difference between Hill and the QBs' that you listed off?

*Edit*Well okay MAYBE Cutler, But Brady, Warner and Rivers have CONSISTENTLY had winning seasons. You might just as well have named off McNabb also given that he's below Shaun also.[nuetral]*ediT*

~Ceadder

Oh I see the difference between Hill and those QBs and I wouldn't say he's better than any of them. But I am saying he is getting the job done in Raye's offense and there are other things to complain about. Mentioning their relative current ratings is simply to make a point about Hill's performance. I am not comparing their careers. Hill hasn't had one as a starter. Hill also always says the right things and yes maybe audibles exist now compared to no such thing in Martz's offense but if he's not doing it I have my doubts. Who wants to change a play to take a shot when if it doesn't go right you're going to be in hot water for not getting a yard on a run into the line?

How old are you?

I am exited about Davis and Smith for next year. Maybe we draft a QB if there's a stud but I hope they don't miss again. And who needs to take a chance on the latest superman to run this offense. I hope we draft for our lines or secondary though I'd take a Flacco or a Ryan. Singletary's stressed himself with his list for success that we need to win in the trenches to win with his brand of football.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
It may be that he's having to run a more complex Offense than he is comfortable with. And he's not sure WHICH audible to make. Martz actually stripped the playbook down to the simplest of plays, whereas I'm sure that Raye added a few wrinkles to that. I just don't think that Hill has enough experience to do it.

And how about a freakin PUMP FAKE once in awhile. Even if it's to the guy that he's gonna throw to. At least it should make the Defender question it long enough to get some DESPERATELY needed separation. Now just IMAGINE if he had PF'ed that pass that Bruce had to Defense 3 games ago? That would have broken the string of 3 an outs, been a TD and changed ALOT of minds, including MINE about what kind of QB he is. Not that Smith PF'ed much but at least that guy has a stronger pass in a similar situation.[nuetral]

Shaun Hill's performance rates eleventh in the league according to his quarterback rating. The quarterback rating was created by the league to rate quarterback play. Shaun rates ahead of people like Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Jay Cutler, and Philip Rivers. I don't hear them taking a tenth the crap put together that Hill does. People can say whatever they want about him but he doesn't shoot us in the foot.

Given the fact that he can be relied upon not to make bonehead plays I think he should be given more leeway to operate with. I don't think we aren't more aggressive or unpredictable because of Hill. Our offense is Raye's creation. If Raye could loosen things up I think for every iota he did Hill's rating would go up a corresponding point. Hill is not limiting our offense, our offense is limited.

If our o-line was getting it done, as well as the receiver corps, we were calling plays that asked something of our quarterback, and Shaun wasn't delivering, well we could say we need a quarterback. That is not what's going on. I think if we were less predictable so that defenses couldn't put eight or nine in the box that also might make life a little easier for our line.

Shaun successfully does what is asked of him. He won in Martz's offense too in case you forgot and that was a down field passing attack. Get off his case and start discussing Raye's lack of creativity and by extension Singletary's conservatism. When we have a line that isn't allowing four sacks a game and productive receivers then maybe we can think about upgrading our QB position.

You know why they don't take a tenth of the criticism?

They've PROVEN themselves. And really? Each one of them is TEN times the QB that Hill is. So why are you even asking such a question? How old are you if you don't see the difference between Hill and the QBs' that you listed off?

*Edit*Well okay MAYBE Cutler, But Brady, Warner and Rivers have CONSISTENTLY had winning seasons. You might just as well have named off McNabb also given that he's below Shaun also.[nuetral]*ediT*

~Ceadder

Oh I see the difference between Hill and those QBs and I wouldn't say he's better than any of them. But I am saying he is getting the job done in Raye's offense and there are other things to complain about. Mentioning their relative current ratings is simply to make a point about Hill's performance. I am not comparing their careers. Hill hasn't had one as a starter. Hill also always says the right things and yes maybe audibles exist now compared to no such thing in Martz's offense but if he's not doing it I have my doubts. Who wants to change a play to take a shot when if it doesn't go right you're going to be in hot water for not getting a yard on a run into the line?

How old are you?

I am exited about Davis and Smith for next year. Maybe we draft a QB if there's a stud but I hope they don't miss again. And who needs to take a chance on the latest superman to run this offense. I hope we draft for our lines or secondary though I'd take a Flacco or a Ryan. Singletary's stressed himself with his list for success that we need to win in the trenches to win with his brand of football.

I'm 40 actually. However the question was rhetorical. The point seems to be lost in any case.

You were making an inference with the opening of your post. Whether you meant to or not you did compare them to Hill. Only Cutler is comparable since his body of work is just as limited as Hill's.

BTW I do agree that we need to run a Ball control Offense, but when your opponent won't give you the leeway to be a ball control team you gotta adjust to what they do give you. In Hill's case they're giving him the deep ball. When you have a QB that can take advantage of that you make em pay. When you don't(like WE don't) then it limits us to 3 and outs.

~Ceadder

its good to see us at 3-1...its been a long time!!...

and shaun hill has played a huge part of us being 3-1....if it wasn't 4 farve's fluke TD in the finals seconds a couple of weeks ago...

we b 4-0!!
  • bambam52
  • Info N/A
i am extremely happy with hill's performance , lets understand some things straight, mr hill is not gonna be the manning brothers , drew brees , tom brady to name a few but he does 2 things that the top qbs do: dont turn the ball over (see that bum jt uhh ohhh and a.smith) and 2nd he wins games!!!!!!. i knew when he played against the bengals to seasons ago ( i dont care how bad the bengals were then) he was a winner. he went into arizona in a hostile environment against the defending nfc /nfc west champs and lead us on a key 4th qtr drive to win , didnt turn the ball over against the seahawks (yes frankie ran them over) and did what he had to do against the vikes (2 4th qtr drives with vd ) we all know what kept us from being 3-0 , and did what he had to do against the rams in which in the first half they were playing good d.
bottom line is the man can throw the ball deep , i dont care if its wobbly if mr morgan didnt drop that DEEP pass early in the ram game he would of had 3 tds
Shaun Hill is doing just fine.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

Share 49ersWebzone