LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Are you happy with Hill's Performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are you happy with Hill's Performance?

Um... not at the moment...

i'm not happy with nobody's performance, Shaun, oline, WRs/TEs, RBs/FBs, dline, LB's, DB's, ..... Andy Lee has a been a beast though.
Hill's #s are inflated by the plays made by the recievers.. Look at that pass to Walker. It was behind him but he adjusted before the db and made the play. That long pass to Morgan was all Yac but shows up on his stats.. those 2 consecutive deep passes were examples of his accuracy past 20 yards lol. Sure he doesnt turn the ball over, but if you're favorite throw is a 4 yard flat or a 3 yard slant of course you wont throw picks as much. I'd rather have someone with the ability to make an NFL throw with proper velocity than a sidearmed lob. You only can get lucky so many times goodness.. Our D needs some sort of security to know if they give up a play early that we can comeback. Not with this QB..
I'm just estatic about it today!
Honestly his throws/decisions today are about as good as they've been all year. That 3-1 was in spite of Shaun Hill.
Originally posted by quatic:
its good to see us at 3-1...its been a long time!!...

and shaun hill has played a huge part of us being 3-1....if it wasn't 4 farve's fluke TD in the finals seconds a couple of weeks ago...

we b 4-0!!

That fluke TD would have never hurt us if Shaun could sustain drives in the 1st 3 quarters.

But hey if you're happy with a 3-2 record I got a great lookin gal for you. She's not bad on the eyes at all, but when dolled up *whistles*, oh the curly tail? Don't worry bout it, it's a deformity that she had when she was born.

The point is you can dress a pig up any way you like and it doesn't change the fact that it's still a pig.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Honestly his throws/decisions today are about as good as they've been all year. That 3-1 was in spite of Shaun Hill.

Exactly.. That was Defense and Gore.. we scored more TDs on defense and special teams than influenced by Hill. Its disgusting watching this inept happy throw QB behind center. With great risk comes reward.. He doesnt even offer small reward with his wobbly duck throws at everyones feet
No, but I'm not happy with most of the 9ers players performance.
Originally posted by islandink:
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Exactly.. That was Defense and Gore.. we scored more TDs on defense and special teams than influenced by Hill. Its disgusting watching this inept happy throw QB behind center. With great risk comes reward.. He doesnt even offer small reward with his wobbly duck throws at everyones feet

My problem is he can't even make the throws he made last year. He's off on A LOT of screens and short passes. Not just today but in every game this year (including the preseason). And his completion percentage on the year is only decent because of all the 3rd and log passes he dumped off to a guy 5 years behind the line of scrimmage (that did not pick up the 1st).

If I guy's limited but is good at one thing he's really limited if he's not doing that one thing he's supposed to be good at.

[ Edited by Gavintech on Oct 11, 2009 at 16:05:12 ]
So many people back hill up because his numbers, which accumulate from all his screen passes, and 5 yard outs. The truth is we have the 2nd worst qb in the league, second only from that big scrub across the bay. Defend him if you want but im not gonna waste my time arguing with anybody over him, he's garbage and had proly the worst arm in the nfl ever! Ill take smith, davis, anybody but him, i just cant watch this guy anymore

Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
Hill has been great in comparison to what he's been allowed to do. I think if they let him throw the ball 30-35 times a game, then he would be great IMO.

hes thrown somewhere areound 30 and is still horrible
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
Hill has been great in comparison to what he's been allowed to do. I think if they let him throw the ball 30-35 times a game, then he would be great IMO.

hes thrown somewhere areound 30 and is still horrible

14/34 181 yards

• krizay
  • Veteran
this freakin guy!
Originally posted by islandink:
Hill's #s are inflated by the plays made by the recievers.. Look at that pass to Walker. It was behind him but he adjusted before the db and made the play. That long pass to Morgan was all Yac but shows up on his stats.. those 2 consecutive deep passes were examples of his accuracy past 20 yards lol. Sure he doesnt turn the ball over, but if you're favorite throw is a 4 yard flat or a 3 yard slant of course you wont throw picks as much. I'd rather have someone with the ability to make an NFL throw with proper velocity than a sidearmed lob. You only can get lucky so many times goodness.. Our D needs some sort of security to know if they give up a play early that we can comeback. Not with this QB..

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by quatic:
its good to see us at 3-1...its been a long time!!...

and shaun hill has played a huge part of us being 3-1....if it wasn't 4 farve's fluke TD in the finals seconds a couple of weeks ago...

we b 4-0!!

That fluke TD would have never hurt us if Shaun could sustain drives in the 1st 3 quarters.

But hey if you're happy with a 3-2 record I got a great lookin gal for you. She's not bad on the eyes at all, but when dolled up *whistles*, oh the curly tail? Don't worry bout it, it's a deformity that she had when she was born.

The point is you can dress a pig up any way you like and it doesn't change the fact that it's still a pig.

~Ceadder

Hey, I like the way I dress (looks down at stained sweats and holy shirt)...

The fact is, Hill doesn't have what it takes to come from behind and win a game.

Sad but true...

I'd rather see Smith or Davis out there, we know what Hill can (and can't) do.

Share 49ersWebzone