There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

On a positive note, we have a great WR core.

Isaac Bruce- Hill's go to receiver,

Brandon Jones- got the FA money, looked good in pre season, time to put some trust in Jones.

Josh Morgan- Can you imagine if he was in another offense. Look how good the Manning brothers make WR's look. Morgan can make plays, put some trust in him.

Jason Hill- See above.

Arnaz Battle- Can move the chains, has Hills trust

Spurlock- ??

Along with VD, Gore, Coffee, the niners can move the chains with this group. Jones is the speedster to stretch the field.

Lets give this WR core a chance to do more than block. Throw them the ball and lets see what they can do.
As long as the team gets a WIN, Coach Sing can care less about what each WR brings. Just as long as they can block.
Brandon Jones looked good in pre season? he didnt even play...
B. Jones is an unproven entity as is J. Hill. I hope you not counting the limited playing time Hill received last year as proving his worth.

The only positives to me on the WR side are"

Bruce - Proven but probably last year.
Morgan- Not very consistent, but that may be the play calling fault.
Battle - Well at least when he's in he blocks well and make some possession catches.

Oh, and then there's that guy from "Bikini Bottom". Think his name is Mr Crabs.
Great WR core? the 9ers have one of the least productive WR groups in the league. We have 0 WR's in the top 58 in the league man. Where do you get great from?
Bruce-good but past him prime a good #2
Morgan-unproven
Jones-decent but not proven by his contracts standars
Hill-unproven
Spurlock-sucks
Crabtree-well that's for another thread
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
B. Jones is an unproven entity as is J. Hill. I hope you not counting the limited playing time Hill received last year as proving his worth.

The only positives to me on the WR side are"

Bruce - Proven but probably last year.
Morgan- Not very consistent, but that may be the play calling fault.
Battle - Well at least when he's in he blocks well and make some possession catches.

Oh, and then there's that guy from "Bikini Bottom". Think his name is Mr Crabs.

Well Mr. Crabs has not met with the 49ers for a face to face. According to the article today, 9er ownership reached out, and his camp has had not comment back to the niners. It is over, they will not even meet with the niners. Now they just need to hope they can get good compensation in return for his rights.
Great? No. But a hell of alot better than years past.
We have WR's on our roster?
"great"

no
Originally posted by matt49er:
Great WR core? the 9ers have one of the least productive WR groups in the league. We have 0 WR's in the top 58 in the league man. Where do you get great from?
Bruce-good but past him prime a good #2
Morgan-unproven
Jones-decent but not proven by his contracts standars
Hill-unproven
Spurlock-sucks
Crabtree-well that's for another thread

I agree with this assessment. If anything, our receivers are a big question mark. The only ones we can rate with certainty are Battle and Bruce. Everyone else gets the potential label. They can be potentially great, good/average, or terrible. We won't know what we have until they are put in situations where they can makes plays. It might actually do the team some good if our unproven receivers competed for playing time.

Find out what each one has (out of Morgan, Hill, Jones, and Spurlock) each week. By the end of the season, whoever has performed will have earned those starting 2 spots, as opposed to having one handed to them, simply from Bruce retiring (whenever it happens).
They are not great, but by seasons end they will be good.
They're just not being used.
lmao

stop
corps
Great start to the season...but we don't have to start making stuff up.

The WR corps is pretty bad.