LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

J. Smith fined

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by oz9er:
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
All that aside, I still say Lewis was out of bounds on the TD catch. I don't care what anyone else says. He was out of bounds! F#@k$ng Refs!!!

Mate you obviously have some ocular issues.

Maybe a trip to the optometrist?

if they had called it incomplete on the field, it would of stayed that way. Insufficient evidence to overturn the call either way. I'm almost 100% sure the edge of his shoe was on the edge of the line though. But no way in hell they were gonna over turn whatever call they made on the field.

Thank You! Everytime I see the replay, his foot is ON the line. That friggin game is still pissing me off. Stupid Bret Farve's face all over the TV.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by oz9er:
All that aside, I still say Lewis was out of bounds on the TD catch. I don't care what anyone else says. He was out of bounds! F#@k$ng Refs!!!

Mate you obviously have some ocular issues.

Maybe a trip to the optometrist?

if they had called it incomplete on the field, it would of stayed that way. Insufficient evidence to overturn the call either way. I'm almost 100% sure the edge of his shoe was on the edge of the line though. But no way in hell they were gonna over turn whatever call they made on the field.

Thank You! Everytime I see the replay, his foot is ON the line. That friggin game is still pissing me off. Stupid Bret Farve's face all over the TV.

They JUST showed the play on ESPN gain during a commercial for MNF.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
& who wants to bet that if Shaun Hill would have gotten hit like that nobody would give a f**k

That'd be a sucker bet; of course no one would have cared.
The call on Spencer was a nit picky call at best. NFLTA's head ref guy, what ever the hell his name is, said he wants all refs to call those types of penalties. I haven't see any called in the preseaon, last year, other games this year. When are they going to start calling them? Other than on the one called on Spencer. BS I tell ya.
Just Bulls**t.
  • brandonjg
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by modninerfan:
speaking of ridiculous calls... they reviewed Spencers taunting call on NFL Network and Pereira said, with a straight face, that Spencer was obviously taunting the player face to face.

Woodson and Rich Eisen showed the camera angle facing Spencer where it obviously showed him looking at the crowd and not the receiver, but Mike Pereira for some reason only decides to show the tv angle from the sideline which doesnt prove s**t.

I have never seen this guy stand up and say, "My bad, my refs f**ked up on this one" Some how he always finds a way to defend them...

They get paid by the nfl that's why
if it wasn't tom brady that got injured last year the rule would not have been made.

BS.
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Hit a QBs knees this year and you are sure to be flagged and fined, no matter what the reason.

Blame it on pretty boy Brady -- just think of the revenue lost to the NFL with his good looks out of the league for a year! Must make the suits at NFL HQ lie awake at night.

Someday, one way or the other, that old hag Favre will be out of the NFL.

I will celebrate like the 9ers just won the superbowl.

I would join yah in the celebration, but Favre is likely to unretire right in the middle of it and all will be for not.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
if it wasn't tom brady that got injured last year the rule would not have been made.

BS.

Actually the rule was made after Carson Palmer got hit a couple years back....Brady's hit forced the Competition Committee to clarify the rule and the officials now call everything pretty much that is a hit BELOW the knee.

I am fine with the rule, sometimes it works for you others it works against you. So be it but it protects all QB's.
Imagine is Lawrence Taylor played in today's NFL. He'd get fined every play

this sucks because now our defensive players are going to be alot less agressive in sacking the qb.(which is something we don't want) all because they are going to make sure they are in absolute perfect position to make a cupcake tackle on the qb so they won't cost their own team..... s**t pisses me off!!!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
this sucks because now our defensive players are going to be alot less agressive in sacking the qb.(which is something we don't want) all because they are going to make sure they are in absolute perfect position to make a cupcake tackle on the qb so they won't cost their own team..... s**t pisses me off!!!

This affects all defensive players in the league. They all are aware. If you hit below the knee whether or not you meant to even if you were blocked into the QB there is a chance your going to get flagged and possibly fined. It going to go both ways and no one will complain when the rule works for us or if one of our QB's suffers an injury from a hit below the knee.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

This affects all defensive players in the league. They all are aware. If you hit below the knee whether or not you meant to even if you were blocked into the QB there is a chance your going to get flagged and possibly fined. It going to go both ways and no one will complain when the rule works for us or if one of our QB's suffers an injury from a hit below the knee.

wouldn't you agree that this was a bogus call on justin smith though?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

wouldn't you agree that this was a bogus call on justin smith though?

It was not intentional but they are going after EVERYTHING below the knee. No one defensive player is safe with this rule unfortunately.

I don't necessarily like the rule but I understand and respect why it exists and can live with it. I'm not going to complain unless we start to see favoritism from the refs in regard to it which I don't think we will for the most part.
That's f**king bulls**t. That shouldn't have even been a penalty, much less a fine. I was soooooooooooooo pissed off on that drive between that and the crappy Spencer call.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 3, 2009 at 09:37:49 ]
Share 49ersWebzone