LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

What we learned from the Vikings game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Quote:
That throw on 4th and 1 was REQUIRED, and that's the ONLY reason they called it. Best play call of Rayes time in SF to this point. Completely caught the Vikes off guard as they expected another run up the gut.

More or less the same requirement was there when it was 3rd and 2 on our second to last possession. All we had to do was get a first down....and they wouldn't dare throw a pass because they thought Hill would make a mistake? All we got was three straight runs....same play each time. It was a retard running into the same brick wall three times in a row just to see if each time would be different.

Here's a newsflash, netting 2 yards per carry (or even three) is not a winning proposition, and yet they wasted downs repeatedly doing this all game long.

Ultimately, fear of a loss is the same thing as fear of a win.
i am so hurt that roman gave up that touchdown! i wanna cut Roman and kewis now please.. maybe goldson cuz goldson is too well that missed to tackle it.. Three guys are too slow to read them the play mark.. damn damn cut them Roman and kewis dude!!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i am so hurt that roman gave up that touchdown! i wanna cut Roman and kewis now please.. maybe goldson cuz goldson is too well that missed to tackle it.. Three guys are too slow to read them the play mark.. damn damn cut them Roman and kewis dude!!

Serious question - how old are you?
Has anyone mentioned no off sides on defense all game? Considering the environment and Favre's hard counts, it just shows how much Coach Sing has improved the maturity on D.
[ Edited by bergy07 on Sep 28, 2009 at 6:51 PM ]

who in the heck is Kewis???
  • obx49
  • Veteran
We learned that after two TDs and almost 100 yds receiving, all the Vernon Davis haters have all ran off to hide under their rock. We also finally learned what kind of playmaker Vernon Davis can be when given an opportunity. Last year all the haters were talking a lot of s**t about how much of a bust he was knowing fully well that he wasn't given any chance to show his skills in the Mike Martz system. Without Gore for the next two games or so, Davis should be the focal point of this offense.
[ Edited by obx49 on Sep 28, 2009 at 6:49 PM ]
Originally posted by bergy07:
Has anyone mentioned no false starts on defense all game? Considering the environment and Favre's hard counts, it just shows how much Coach Sing has improved the maturity on D.

you mean offsides not false starts right
Originally posted by backontop:
Has anyone mentioned no false starts on defense all game? Considering the environment and Favre's hard counts, it just shows how much Coach Sing has improved the maturity on D.

...yeah....

Also I think the offense only had 1 false start. Wasn't it Barry Sims?

...yeah....

I am not sure. I do remember screaming at my TV "WHY THE F*** IS BARRY SIMS IN THE GAME"

I scream at my TV alot during games.

...yeah....

That's probably because we went without snap counts.

Originally posted by jreff22:
I still have a headache

I agree, I can't believe how loud the dome was throughout the game. After the Favre play, it was louder.
I've learned that we ALL should hold our heads up high and be proud. We are no longer one of the laughing stock of the league.

I've learned that Nowin's dumb ass was sent here for one reason and one reason only: To bring to the Niners, the man who would bring greatness and respectability back to this oganization - Mike Singletary

I've learned that this team is for real. Period

-Go Niners
[ Edited by ObePwnD on Sep 28, 2009 at 8:11 PM ]
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
I've learned that we ALL should hold our heads up high and be proud. We are no longer one of the laughing stock of the league.

I've learned that Nowin's dumb ass was sent here for reason and one reason only: To bring to the Niners, the man who would bring greatness and respectability back to this oganization - Mike Singletary

I've learned that this team is for real. Period

-Go Niners

I think it's too early to tell, but let's hope you are right. Why else would we go thru 3+ yrs of below avg coaching.
I learned that I still hate Bart Favre

who in the heck is Kewis???

Do you mean Lewis? If that's the case you don't watch too much Niner football, eh?
Share 49ersWebzone