LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

How Many Times Have You Seen That Damn Catch Today?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dust-7:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

It was definitely a catch and he was definitely in bounds.

Definitely was.

Shouldn't have gotten that far downfield, however.

The 49ers had a TD lead, basically, 4 pts, with Favre pinned at his own 20, no TOs, ninety seconds on the clock. And Singletary said - okay, I'll give you a practice field to work with. See if you can beat us. A backup QB could have done the same, AND beat Roman who was beat on the play and couldn't push the receiver out.

Singletary sez - I want WINNERS! But he didn't want to win.

Singletary sez - FINISH! But they didn't, today. And he said in his remarks after the game - WE . . didn't finish! And he was right.

I'm sick of that catch not because it wasn't dramatic - but because it needn't have been. He should never have been that far downfield able to make that pass!

It was a fluke, and had we gotten a 1st down with the O then they would have never got the ball back, it's the same thing that happened in Arizona, except this time it bit us in the ass...
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by King49er:
It was a fluke, and had we gotten a 1st down with the O then they would have never got the ball back

Going forward - maybe that's a concern. Going forward, beginning with the Rams next week.

But in THIS game - the 49ers had the lead. They were ahead, effectively by a TD.

Singletary said to Favre - I'll give you a practice field to work with. No pressure. Receivers will be allowed to make the catch. Now - beat us.

And he did. Singletary became Mike Nowin for ninety seconds. And let's hope he never is so possessed ever again. Let's hope he's learned. It's the ONLY lesson to be learned from this game - NEVER play not to lose!

Singletary KNOWS better than what he showed at the end. He does. He KNOWS they didn't finish. He said exactly that after the game. And he has to know that's on him. Never again, Coach Sing. Follow your own good advice, instead. Play to win!
It was a fluke, and had we gotten a 1st down with the O then they would have never got the ball back

Going forward - maybe that's a concern. Going forward, beginning with the Rams next week.

But in THIS game - the 49ers had the lead. They were ahead, effectively by a TD.

Singletary said to Favre - I'll give you a practice field to work with. No pressure. Receivers will be allowed to make the catch. Now - beat us.

And he did. Singletary became Mike Nowin for ninety seconds. And let's hope he never is so possessed ever again. Let's hope he's learned. It's the ONLY lesson to be learned from this game - NEVER play not to lose!

Singletary KNOWS better than what he showed at the end. He does. He KNOWS they didn't finish. He said exactly that after the game. And he has to know that's on him. Never again, Coach Sing. Follow your own good advice, instead. Play to win!

Or how about if we had just managed to get a first down in the possession before, that fateful drive never takes place and we run the clock out?

Or how about if we had just managed to get a first down in the possession before, that fateful drive never takes place and we run the clock out?

Well I mean we can go back in the causal chain and question a number of plays...

Our second to last offensive drive (another 3 and out) that had the pitch to Coffee that went for negative yards...

The Bly dropped INT...

Not passing on 3rd down on the last drive...

Playing Prevent D when they were on their own side of the 50...

Covering too much of the middle on the TD play...

Point is, we had this game and lost it...but we're gonna be a better team going forward because of it. It's on the road, non-division game, without our best player. We will rebound from this with a thrashing of the Rams.
Originally posted by cestmoi:
ZERO

I refuse to watch sports channels because my college team lost, and my niners lost.
They both lost games they should have won too.
That's what makes it so bad

So you didn't watch the game?

Heard it on the radio
ZERO

I refuse to watch sports channels because my college team lost, and my niners lost.
They both lost games they should have won too.
That's what makes it so bad

So you didn't watch the game?

Heard it on the radio

trust me, you don't wanna watch that play
Share 49ersWebzone