There are 834 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

It's Time to Call Out the OL.... Again

• WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Matt M reports Singletary's comment on the OL after the game:

"When it's all said and done, our offensive line will be one of the best lines in the league. I think sometimes we just cheat ourselves out of what we can be. We just have to take it to the next level and I know they will."

Press Democrat article

[ Edited by WestCoastNut on Oct 4, 2009 at 18:43:35 ]
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
This group is clearly the weak link of the team. Shame.
Originally posted by A-R-S:

They played piss poor today. Coach needs to pull em together and give em a old fashioned ass chewing to motivate em.
Originally posted by TheChozen:

They played piss poor today. Coach needs to pull em together and give em a old fashioned ass chewing to motivate em.

Head coach needs to chew out O-line coach as well. these guys were better than this last year.
Originally posted by TheCatch:

Head coach needs to chew out O-line coach as well. these guys were better than this last year.

I'm sure he will get his in coaches' mtgs. You are right though, he deserves to get reamed out too.

I'm sure he will get his in coaches' mtgs. You are right though, he deserves to get reamed out too.

They are definitely the weak link right now. It's really surprising that Hill hasn't thrown more picks with the amount of pressure that he's been under.
The guards need to step up. Rachal and Baas have been horrible the last 2 weeks. Pass and Run blocking have both been garbage from these guys. It's too bad we're pretty much stuck with them for the time being
Originally posted by fzrdave:

They are definitely the weak link right now. It's really surprising that Hill hasn't thrown more picks with the amount of pressure that he's been under.

Exactly! Chilo, Heitmann and Bass were a turnstile today. Terrible.

If Hill had ANY o-line, it's scary what he could do. Hell, even Raye may even consider opening it up completely which would open up things for Gore for sure!
Oher looks good :(
was our o-line that bad?

Or was it spagnolo's dline/coaching that did well.

We didnt exactly fair well against the giants d-line the past two years.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Oher looks good :(

stop.
Our offensive line are gonna have to step up big time next week if we want to beat the Falcons! Hope they will be ready.
I was most disappointed in Heitman, he was getting pushed back into the pocket on almost every play, dude needs to man up! Chilo has been playing soft and Baas is just Baas, gonna have to upgrade. Luckily next years draft is going to be one of the best in many years according to the experts.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by WestCoastNut:
Matt M reports Singletary's comment on the OL after the game:

"When it's all said and done, our offensive line will be one of the best lines in the league. I think sometimes we just cheat ourselves out of what we can be. We just have to take it to the next level and I know they will."

Press Democrat article

I think he means our play calling is pathetic and is keeping us from the next level.