LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Stop blaming Raye . . .

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by kezar49er:
Originally posted by tommyncal:
. . . . he is calling the plays that Singletary wants. This is Singletary's philosphy . . conservative, conservative and more conservative. Singletary could override any call that Raye calls. Singletary has done a remarkable job, but I am having trouble getting onboard his bandwagon. You need a qb that defenses have to game plan for. These are the 49ers, where's our legacy?? The game is there to be won with a simple short pass and they can't, or choose not to, make a first down! That's alot of pressure to be put on any defense game after game. Singletary needs to change or the Scott needs to tell him to change.

You new guys, I swear.

I dont think his post is that far off.. Stop with the (New Guys Crap) Its old and childish

If you and the other dude are having problems getting on-board, it's simple - don't get on board, dude.

Seconded
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
. . . . he is calling the plays that Singletary wants. This is Singletary's philosphy . . conservative, conservative and more conservative. Singletary could override any call that Raye calls. Singletary has done a remarkable job, but I am having trouble getting onboard his bandwagon. You need a qb that defenses have to game plan for. These are the 49ers, where's our legacy?? The game is there to be won with a simple short pass and they can't, or choose not to, make a first down! That's alot of pressure to be put on any defense game after game. Singletary needs to change or the Scott needs to tell him to change.

Yeah its Raye's fault. We lose our best player on offense and Raye manages to squeeze 2 TD's out in the second half on the road against a top 5 defense and it's his fault. You guys a f**king ridiculous.
QuoteEdit

dude i think i can speak for everyone when we say ray sucks. I feel he has the ability to call a great game, but he is too repetitive in his play calling when we are leading a game. When we are playing from behind all of a sudden we look like "the greatest show on turf". When we are leading we go 0-13 on third down?? I feel like we have a lot of ability offensively, but we are being held back by the vanailla play calling. If Raye stops being so stubborn with this 60-40 crap, and just calls a game acording to the situation, we would have won this game, and the games we did win wouldnt be so close. Lets play to win, not play to Not lose.

Go niners
Originally posted by Adman:
The prevent defense was the right call for the situation.

PREVENT defense is supposed to PREVENT any big plays from happening.

Somehow...the players let a big play happen.

There's no "somehow" about it. His name is Mark Roman.
Originally posted by STNiner:

Yeah its Raye's fault. We lose our best player on offense and Raye manages to squeeze 2 TD's out in the second half on the road against a top 5 defense and it's his fault. You guys a f**king ridiculous.
QuoteEdit

dude i think i can speak for everyone when we say ray sucks. I feel he has the ability to call a great game, but he is too repetitive in his play calling when we are leading a game. When we are playing from behind all of a sudden we look like "the greatest show on turf". When we are leading we go 0-13 on third down?? I feel like we have a lot of ability offensively, but we are being held back by the vanailla play calling. If Raye stops being so stubborn with this 60-40 crap, and just calls a game acording to the situation, we would have won this game, and the games we did win wouldnt be so close. Lets play to win, not play to Not lose.

Go niners

Post of the MOTHER f**kIN DAY!

QuoteEdit

Go niners

Agreed somewhat, but alot of his decisions may be due to the type of personnel we have. Although Hill is average and not terrible, he's not the type that can sling passes all over the place. Although our OL is decent, they aren't very good in pass protection either. What we need to be a true SB contender is to continue to upgrade the OL as well as trying to get a stud QB.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Adman:
The prevent defense was the right call for the situation.

PREVENT defense is supposed to PREVENT any big plays from happening.

Somehow...the players let a big play happen.

There's no "somehow" about it. His name is Mark Roman.

Roman did well, at least till that last play.
how can people say its Hill? Hill is what he is, a crafty, accurate short/med range qb. Not outstanding pocket presence, but is really good with adjusting to defenses. we should pass more to mix things up, which will subsequently open up our run game. Face facts, all of america knew what plays we were going to call. So im sure minnesota knew as well.......just a thought

QuoteEdit

Go niners

It's still a new offense, every week he's has opened it up more. Wait who am I kidding. Thats right its Rayes fault our ST allowed a TD and Bly didn't pick 6 that ball in the 4th quarter and that we got beat by a miracle play. Sorry I should have known.

QuoteEdit

Go niners

It's still a new offense, every week he's has opened it up more. Wait who am I kidding. Thats right its Rayes fault our ST allowed a TD and Bly didn't pick 6 that ball in the 4th quarter and that we got beat by a miracle play. Sorry I should have known.

Take that kick return away and it's a whole different game.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by kezar49er:

You new guys, I swear.

I dont think his post is that far off.. Stop with the (New Guys Crap) Its old and childish

If you and the other dude are having problems getting on-board, it's simple - don't get on board, dude.

Seconded

And that's no knock against new guys. For too, too many years it has been too negative around here - for good reason. Even though we loss today, we and the team should keep they're heads up. Changes will be made. Look, remember last week and all those stupid Wildcat/Taser play calls? Obviously Sing stepped in and put a muzzle on that bullsh*t, because there was no Taser play calls today. Even though we lossed, what we have this season is for real.

• 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by ZRF80:

QuoteEdit

Comeon man. You're telling me you couldnt predict 90% of those plays during the game. It was so obvious, so simple. No bootlegs; a couple PAs. The rest were run up the gut. Minn. had us figured out, and it took Hill's arm (what a coincidence...success when we shy away from the norm) to give us a chance.

Raye is def. gotta take blame for this.

You gotta be kidding , Hill's arm , it's because of Hill's arm the coaches are so conservative ,there's blame all the way around IMO at the end of the game, at least go down swinging. Raye is calling what Sing wants if not then something is definitely wrong with the power structure , you're suggesting that if Sing wants to pass Raye calls whatever he wants , I don't think so

Hill threw some nice passes out there today....I don't know what game you're watching. Our problem is not at QB...it's at offensive coordinator. We have a senile moron calling the plays....where did he get these plays (the same 7 or so plays as someone else pointed out)....Ask Madden?

I disagree, he throws he slowest ball in the NFL my Mom could break on those throws , the 2 to Vernon were pretty good the rest I thought sucked , On a pass to Bruce he comes out of his break and it' s 2 seconds before the ball even shows up on screen , I admit the conservative calls at the end were brutal , but you think he's making those without Singletary' blessing?
What I like about the "O" is, we're not turning the ball over, throwing stupid passes. Sure I wouldn't mind having our offense back during the Montana, Young, Garcia days.
To be a running team, I still think we're passing more than expected. I think things will change as the season goes on. I believe we will be alittle more aggressive in the play calling, and not run up the gut on first and second down.
People think this is Madden and that we should be running play action deep passes to Josh Morgan because he's a "beast." You all need to get off your high horse and quit criticizing logical play calling with your bull crab theories.

If you look back on this game we played soundly against a veteran team. The Vikes capitalized on big ticket plays that we managed to minimize our last two games. We were one kickoff return away from winning this game and in the end it came down to our defense which as a whole played horribly on the last play of the game.
it's not just raye's fault, it's sings too. Didn't anyone hear when Gore got hurt they went over and asked Sing, "ok , since your main player is banged up what's your plan b, and sing said and I quote, "we have none, we have to run the ball period."

I think it was raye's calling to a degree, but sings stubborness to stick with something that's wasn't working.

Wow, and the commentators are saying with sing being an lb, how could he let someone get behind the defense. So as I said maybe not all sing's fault, but I say him and raye on this loss
Originally posted by BigDaddy:

QuoteEdit

Go niners

Take that kick return away and it's a whole different game.

Yep. It was just a good game with a improbable ending. Next please. Time to smash the Lambs and increase our lead in the division.
Share 49ersWebzone