LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Stop blaming Raye . . .

Shop Find 49ers gear online
. . . . he is calling the plays that Singletary wants. This is Singletary's philosphy . . conservative, conservative and more conservative. Singletary could override any call that Raye calls. Singletary has done a remarkable job, but I am having trouble getting onboard his bandwagon. You need a qb that defenses have to game plan for. These are the 49ers, where's our legacy?? The game is there to be won with a simple short pass and they can't, or choose not to, make a first down! That's alot of pressure to be put on any defense game after game. Singletary needs to change or the Scott needs to tell him to change.
Originally posted by tommyncal:
. . . . he is calling the plays that Singletary wants. This is Singletary's philosphy . . conservative, conservative and more conservative. Singletary could override any call that Raye calls. Singletary has done a remarkable job, but I am having trouble getting onboard his bandwagon. You need a qb that defenses have to game plan for. These are the 49ers, where's our legacy?? The game is there to be won with a simple short pass and they can't, or choose not to, make a first down! That's alot of pressure to be put on any defense game after game. Singletary needs to change or the Scott needs to tell him to change.

Yeah its Raye's fault. We lose our best player on offense and Raye manages to squeeze 2 TD's out in the second half on the road against a top 5 defense and it's his fault. You guys a f**king ridiculous.
QuoteEdit
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
I don't know that I would change anything after this game. We won 2 games using largely the same philosophy, and it worked against the Vikings, the game was a toss-up.

I think we're getting better. I'm more optimistic about this year now, after a loss, than I was after we beat the Cardinals.

You new guys, I swear.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

Yeah its Raye's fault. We lose our best player on offense and Raye manages to squeeze 2 TD's out in the second half on the road against a top 5 defense and it's his fault. You guys a f**king ridiculous.
QuoteEdit

when hill was hot in 4th we should have kept throwing the ball insted run run punt !

I WILL BLAME RAYE FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK! When your play calling is so Vanilla that i could sit on my couch and tell you when we are going to run and when we are going to pass, something needs to change. 3 games into the season the only thing that has not changes is the play calling. Let me rephrase that the OFENSIVE PLAY CALLING!
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

You new guys, I swear.

just cause us 'new guys' don't post every time we get a brain fart, doesn't make our opinions inferior to yours, I've been on this forum for years, just choose not to get into every ridiculous debate.
Yet hill goes 5/5 w/ a TD and gets the lead when they let him play. Morgan's chip block screams to the defense we're running even when we haven't been able to hit it up the middle all game. There's no tosses, there was one screen, no stretches. If we're a power running team we need more than one running play. We need crossing routes. We need to get Hill into a groove. I don't get it... We barely got by AZ using this "hold the lead" philosophy. Mix it up. I bet we are the most predictable team in the league. The more we use the same plays the more teams exploit our predictability and the longer our defense stays on the field. This leads to losses. I just don't like how we are running through these games playing like we're scared of losing the lead -- we need to ATTACK -- isn't that what should be Singletary's toughness and "i want winners" type mentality?? One playaction attempt in that last drive could possibly have sealed the game, if nobody was open Hill can go down to keep the clock running.
  • ZRF80

QuoteEdit

Comeon man. You're telling me you couldnt predict 90% of those plays during the game. It was so obvious, so simple. No bootlegs; a couple PAs. The rest were run up the gut. Minn. had us figured out, and it took Hill's arm (what a coincidence...success when we shy away from the norm) to give us a chance.

Raye is def. gotta take blame for this.
It's not just the playcalling. The offensive coaching has been very poor. People talk about how our our QB can't pass and our O-line can't block. But in 2006, our offense moved the ball (with inferior personell). Then in 2007, it was a disaster. Then, in 2008, we started moving the ball again. See the pattern.

With Norv and Martz = offense playing ok

With Hostler and Raye = Offense playing like crap

Originally posted by ZRF80:

QuoteEdit

Comeon man. You're telling me you couldnt predict 90% of those plays during the game. It was so obvious, so simple. No bootlegs; a couple PAs. The rest were run up the gut. Minn. had us figured out, and it took Hill's arm (what a coincidence...success when we shy away from the norm) to give us a chance.

Raye is def. gotta take blame for this.

I agree with you totally! Raye is an unimpressive conservative OC. I'm just saying that is what Singletary wanted. I want McCloughan to tell Singletary we're getting a starting QB, not a backup, and a more pass oriented offense OC. Or, we're getting Gruden or Shanahan. I can't stand this offense as it is now.
Originally posted by cNiner:

QuoteEdit

when hill was hot in 4th we should have kept throwing the ball insted run run punt !

Your defense has play great all game and they need a TD to win. You pass and they almost have have 3 minutes to score, you run and they have to burn thier last time out and have under 2 minutes to score a TD. Not a FG. If it were a FG it would be a different story. It was the right call. Prevent defense was the wrong call.
Originally posted by kstolai:
I WILL BLAME RAYE FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK! When your play calling is so Vanilla that i could sit on my couch and tell you when we are going to run and when we are going to pass, something needs to change. 3 games into the season the only thing that has not changes is the play calling. Let me rephrase that the OFENSIVE PLAY CALLING!

thank you. what did they do 0-11 or something like that on 3rd down. then when the team REALLY NEEDS that first...3 runs between the tackles against the vikes...brilliant didnt see that coming. at some point theyre going to have to change their m.o.

im not gonna start to really hate until after the bye.
[ Edited by Allx9er on Sep 27, 2009 at 3:33 PM ]
Originally posted by cNiner:

QuoteEdit

Your defense has play great all game and they need a TD to win. You pass and they almost have have 3 minutes to score, you run and they have to burn thier last time out and have under 2 minutes to score a TD. Not a FG. If it were a FG it would be a different story. It was the right call. Prevent defense was the wrong call.

Disagree with you. it worked for us in Arizona but not going to work for us every game. the D was on the field all day long we should have gambled a little not a lot bootleg , screen pass or a short pass to VD to get the first down or throw on first down ! the D was tired !
I posted this in another thread, but i wanna challenge the person who made this thread to find fault in my post:

Here's our playbook:

1 wildcat.
1. morgan motion/squat down play to Gore up the middle
1. vernon davis seam up the middle
1. screen to moran norris
1. beautiful deep dig route to Isaac Bruce.
1. Pitch to the outside

oh and he ran a play action off of the motion squat by morgan twice, and it got like 6 yards. Thats probably a good reason why we didnt win the game, but i've been wrong before. Go watch the game again, but jsut watch our offense, and you'll notice how often he uses those 6-7 plays, its a joke.
Share 49ersWebzone