There are 299 users in the forums

Stop blaming Raye . . .

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by LanceQ:
I like our offensive game plan. I didn't agree with some of the up the middle run calls, but as a whole, I like what I see on the field

thats pretty sad

sad indeed
I posted this in another thread, but i wanna challenge the person who made this thread to find fault in my post:

Here's our playbook:

1 wildcat.
1. morgan motion/squat down play to Gore up the middle
1. vernon davis seam up the middle
1. screen to moran norris
1. beautiful deep dig route to Isaac Bruce.
1. Pitch to the outside

oh and he ran a play action off of the motion squat by morgan twice, and it got like 6 yards. Thats probably a good reason why we didnt win the game, but i've been wrong before. Go watch the game again, but jsut watch our offense, and you'll notice how often he uses those 6-7 plays, its a joke.

Again, I totally agree! The title of the thread was mainly to get some action. Of course Raye is to blame but along with Singletary. It is his philosphy!
[ Edited by tommyncal on Sep 27, 2009 at 4:02 PM ]
  • Adman
  • Veteran
The prevent defense was the right call for the situation.

PREVENT defense is supposed to PREVENT any big plays from happening.

Somehow...the players let a big play happen.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by tommyncal:
. . . . he is calling the plays that Singletary wants. This is Singletary's philosphy . . conservative, conservative and more conservative. Singletary could override any call that Raye calls. Singletary has done a remarkable job, but I am having trouble getting onboard his bandwagon. You need a qb that defenses have to game plan for. These are the 49ers, where's our legacy?? The game is there to be won with a simple short pass and they can't, or choose not to, make a first down! That's alot of pressure to be put on any defense game after game. Singletary needs to change or the Scott needs to tell him to change.

Yeah its Raye's fault. We lose our best player on offense and Raye manages to squeeze 2 TD's out in the second half on the road against a top 5 defense and it's his fault. You guys a f**king ridiculous.
QuoteEdit

Comeon man. You're telling me you couldnt predict 90% of those plays during the game. It was so obvious, so simple. No bootlegs; a couple PAs. The rest were run up the gut. Minn. had us figured out, and it took Hill's arm (what a coincidence...success when we shy away from the norm) to give us a chance.

Raye is def. gotta take blame for this.

You gotta be kidding , Hill's arm , it's because of Hill's arm the coaches are so conservative ,there's blame all the way around IMO at the end of the game, at least go down swinging. Raye is calling what Sing wants if not then something is definitely wrong with the power structure , you're suggesting that if Sing wants to pass Raye calls whatever he wants , I don't think so
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ermj:
. . . . he is calling the plays that Singletary wants. This is Singletary's philosphy . . conservative, conservative and more conservative. Singletary could override any call that Raye calls. Singletary has done a remarkable job, but I am having trouble getting onboard his bandwagon. You need a qb that defenses have to game plan for. These are the 49ers, where's our legacy?? The game is there to be won with a simple short pass and they can't, or choose not to, make a first down! That's alot of pressure to be put on any defense game after game. Singletary needs to change or the Scott needs to tell him to change.

Yeah its Raye's fault. We lose our best player on offense and Raye manages to squeeze 2 TD's out in the second half on the road against a top 5 defense and it's his fault. You guys a f**king ridiculous.
QuoteEdit

Comeon man. You're telling me you couldnt predict 90% of those plays during the game. It was so obvious, so simple. No bootlegs; a couple PAs. The rest were run up the gut. Minn. had us figured out, and it took Hill's arm (what a coincidence...success when we shy away from the norm) to give us a chance.

You gotta be kidding , Hill's arm , it's because of Hill's arm the coaches are so conservative ,there's blame all the way around IMO at the end of the game, at least go down swinging. Raye is calling what Sing wants if not then something is definitely wrong with the power structure , you're suggesting that if Sing wants to pass Raye calls whatever he wants , I don't think so

Hill threw some nice passes out there today....I don't know what game you're watching. Our problem is not at QB...it's at offensive coordinator. We have a senile moron calling the plays....where did he get these plays (the same 7 or so plays as someone else pointed out)....Ask Madden?
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by 9ermj:

QuoteEdit

Hill threw some nice passes out there today....I don't know what game you're watching. Our problem is not at QB...it's at offensive coordinator. We have a senile moron calling the plays....where did he get these plays (the same 7 or so plays as someone else pointed out)....Ask Madden?

Hill played very well. The loss is not on him, he isn't a RB.
The O-Line needs some help. Badly!
Originally posted by kstolai:
I like our offensive game plan. I didn't agree with some of the up the middle run calls, but as a whole, I like what I see on the field

thats pretty sad

sad indeed

Well then, I guess you two want Martz and O'Turnover back.
Originally posted by cNiner:

QuoteEdit

when hill was hot in 4th we should have kept throwing the ball insted run run punt !

Your defense has play great all game and they need a TD to win. You pass and they almost have have 3 minutes to score, you run and they have to burn thier last time out and have under 2 minutes to score a TD. Not a FG. If it were a FG it would be a different story. It was the right call. Prevent defense was the wrong call.

Yeah man I dont care if your the first coach in a long time to yield a winning record at any point here since God knows who but your'e gonna get fired! Gimmie a break Gruden can keep his but on in the booth. His own players in Tampa didnt wanna play for him and his SB was with Dungy's team. There isn't anything wrong with our philosophy except the execution. This isnt the niners of the 80's and early 90's and never will be. That legacy is gone and its about time to stop living in the past and create a new one!

Originally posted by kstolai:

thats pretty sad

sad indeed

Well then, I guess you two want Martz and O'Turnover back.

ABSOLUTELY! ARE YOU FKN KIDDING ME?
Bears just beat the Seakawks by constantly blitzing Seattle on their last drive....forced an incompletion by Seneca Wallace on a 4th and 2 on the Bears 30 with 2 secs left (Seachickens had like 2 timeouts remaining)
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

You new guys, I swear.

I dont think his post is that far off.. Stop with the (New Guys Crap) Its old and childish
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Bears just beat the Seakawks by constantly blitzing Seattle on their last drive....forced an incompletion by Seneca Wallace on a 4th and 2 on the Bears 30 with 2 secs left (Seachickens had like 2 timeouts remaining)

Wow. You mean they didn't play prevent? Amazing.
Originally posted by kezar49er:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

You new guys, I swear.

I dont think his post is that far off.. Stop with the (New Guys Crap) Its old and childish

If you and the other dude are having problems getting on-board, it's simple - don't get on board, dude.
Share 49ersWebzone