There are 199 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stop blaming Raye . . .

Originally posted by dj43:
For anyone who is seriously interested in seeing what is wrong with this offense; sit down with your remote control and watch the running plays...note where they go...chart each one. When you are all finished, imagine yourself to be a DC and think about how you would stop this running attack.

HINT: Focus on the guards and center.

Yup, 95% of the runs are up the gut. Granted Indy has been vulnerable in the middle.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
For anyone who is seriously interested in seeing what is wrong with this offense; sit down with your remote control and watch the running plays...note where they go...chart each one. When you are all finished, imagine yourself to be a DC and think about how you would stop this running attack.

Yup, 95% of the runs are up the gut. Granted Indy has been vulnerable in the middle.
Which makes the design of the running game even more condemnable. It would be one thing if the 49ers were not able to run up the gut against teams that are very strong in the middle, but they have now become so predictable that even teams that are relatively weak in the middle can shut them down.

Last year under Martz, the running game used more wide stuff, which forced the DL to take wider splits...and Chilo Rachal played comparatively well, in large part because that gave him better blocking angles. Now, under Raye's design, Rachal is struggling - he seems to have regressed substantially. Am I the only one that thinks it is not all on the player?
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

Which makes the design of the running game even more condemnable. It would be one thing if the 49ers were not able to run up the gut against teams that are very strong in the middle, but they have now become so predictable that even teams that are relatively weak in the middle can shut them down.

Last year under Martz, the running game used more wide stuff, which forced the DL to take wider splits...and Chilo Rachal played comparatively well, in large part because that gave him better blocking angles. Now, under Raye's design, Rachal is struggling - he seems to have regressed substantially. Am I the only one that thinks it is not all on the player?

I won't pin all of our offensive woes on one player, Rachal. I did see him get bull rushed again. By some guy named Muir. Yeah, exactly who?
  • brandonjg
  • Info N/A
Marty Schottenheimer is the most winningest coach ....during the regular season. His teams are notorious for dominating the regular season but when the playoffs come around they couldn't get over the hump. Again and again. Playoff loss after playoff loss. But why?

Marty's philosophy was to control the clock by using a power running scheme and playing good defense.

Offensive Formula for Marty Ball:

* First down: a rushing play.
* Second down: another rushing play.
* Third down: a pass attempt.
* Fourth down: punt (or field goal, if within range).

any pass was to only further the running game.
He quite often wanted to keep the games close, many a times playing from behind. or holding on to a think lead.

It failed in the playoffs because your playing good teams with good offenses and if your behind in the game, you are most likely not going to win.

Sound familiar?

This is exactly what our scheme is for The Niners. Only thing is, we suck at it. Combine that with SEVERELY conservative and predictable play calling, its no wonder why we stumble.

Even the radio announcers figured out that if the niners pass on 1st down and goes incomplete, 75% of the time they will run it out 2nd.

THIS IS INSANITY. (doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting the same results.

I think it is obvious that sing and raye need to change there offensive philosophy. It is crazy how easy Alex Smith lead the team to 3 touchdowns in the 2nd half of the texans and packers game. If we can get our 3 WRs and Vernon going early and establish a lead. Our defense won't be as pressured to play pefect and Frank Gore will be even more of a factor.

WAKE UP MOTHER f**kERS! :facebook:

-brandonjg
[ Edited by brandonjg on Nov 24, 2009 at 1:52 AM ]
Well we can't even win in the regular season so what does that make us?
Isn't Marty-ball getting up early in the game and then playing conservative in the 4th quarter?
  • Fauqueirob
  • Info N/A
Wasn't Jimmy Raye Schottenheimer's OC in KC?
Even the radio announcers figured out that if the niners pass on 1st down and goes incomplete, 75% of the time they will run it out 2nd

I remember seeing a stat just like this back when mooch was the coach.....but it was a similar percentage league wide....
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Isn't Marty-ball getting up early in the game and then playing conservative in the 4th quarter?

I'll take that over what we're doing now.