There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who is to blame for 49ers loss to Vikings?

Who is to blame for 49ers loss to Vikings?

East coast bias.

oh and blind referees.

Bears just beat the Seakawks by constantly blitzing Seattle on their last drive....forced an incompletion by Seneca Wallace on a 4th and 2 on the Bears 30 with 2 secs left (Seachickens had like 2 timeouts remaining)
I hate to say it but the blame goes on the defense. The Vikings went 80 yards in 90 seconds, that is inexcusable with the game on the line.
Originally posted by Hopper:
I hate to say it but the blame goes on the defense. The Vikings went 80 yards in 90 seconds, that is inexcusable with the game on the line.

Nope. we had the ball with 1:40 left and ran it 3 times up the middle and only used like 10 seconds off the clock just to give them the ball back. Pathetic attempt at nursing a 4 point lead and it only gave our D a few minutes of rest.

Manusky's "play not to lose prevent defense" to be more accurate.

Your putting too much pressure on the defense bro. The offense did not have a 3rd down conversion all game! The defense was exhausted. We are not as good enough team yet and you got to be realistic. Our defense is good but you can't say that about our offense. We lack playmakers and our play calling is terrible right now.
Originally posted by jones49:

Nope. we had the ball with 1:40 left and ran it 3 times up the middle and only used like 10 seconds off the clock just to give them the ball back. Pathetic attempt at nursing a 4 point lead and it only gave our D a few minutes of rest.

Exactly! lack of killer instinct!
You could attribute this loss to almost every part of the team.

The prevent.
Mark Roman.
Hill.
Gore and Staley injuries.
Sims.
Receivers not doing enough.
Raye being too conservative.
ST's not covering well enough.

Face the facts, we LOST as a TEAM. The one play we'll all remember is the lucky, but good last throw.. If we had been the one's making the throw we'd call it great. We got unlucky. If Roman had just pushed him out before he landed.. it would've been game over.. but he didn't, and we lost.
s**t happens, we will recover from this and learn from this.
Originally posted by Daa-Doo:
Let's focus on the positives.

Fat chance. Too many couch potato coaches here for that to happen.

I see a lot of hate about what the Niners did wrong, but not so much love for the fact they play a helluva game with their best player in the locker room. I wonder if Minny hangs in that tough with Adrian Peterson out of the game? I don't think so.

But if it helps to gripe about Manusky's defense or Raye's offense, knock yourself out. Barring major injury this is a team that can play with anyone in the NFL and while the 49ers won't win them all, they're going to win a few they're not supposed to.

Like this one. Had it, but it got away. Oh well. Them's the breaks.

Save some of this rage for the Rams. I pity the fools.
[ Edited by Ohio49er on Sep 27, 2009 at 4:39 PM ]
Favre
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
you forgot the officials. that was the worst officiated game I've seen this year. Filled with bad calls, and only one of them went our way.

outside of that, Jimmy Raye called a vanilla game plan in our last real drive. We just needed one first down, they practically put 11 men in the box, and we predictably ran right up the gut with our rookie RB. Also, everytime Michael Robinson is in the game, bad things happen. I don't know what's so special about this guy.
It has to be Raye. I guess he doesn't see what EVERYONE else does. Hey look, 8 defenders in the box, lets run it up the gut. Hey look, 9 defenders in the box, lets run it up the gut.

Horrible play calling early in the game, horrible play calling at the end of the game.
I can't believe ray is taking the blame. The Vikings had to go 80 yards for that touchdown and we dialed up zero blitzes on that drive. Bret Favre had way too long to throw that ball.

But like any game. There were a number of things. Roman got beat in the endzone again. NOthing new there.

But you know what. All I can say is GREAT GAME!!! We got burned by some old bret favre magic in the fourth. The key now is to rally and beat the Rams next week to retain control of the west.

And I hate to say it. But go Cowboys!
Me. I am responsible for the loss. I should have screamed louder at the TV on that last play to disrupt Favre.