LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

We Earned Respect from the NFL Today

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Respect means nothing; wins mean everything. I'd much rather take the win.
Disappointing outcome, but I think up to that point the team showed a lot. Especially coming back down from 10-0 after it looked like things were falling apart to make it to where they should have won. They still have a lot of work to do, but these Niners will be a good team. Hell, we got the Rams next week!
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
You guys are kidding yourselves. We won't make the playoffs. Maybe next year, but this year...no. This team is not very good. Everyone around here has lowered our standards. The Niners of the 80's & 90's would've never been happy about losing.

You really don't think this team has a legit chance to win the NFC West? This team is one play away from 3-0. What the hell are you watching?

Same team you're watching. We barely beat a horrible AZ team that is starting to play better. They'll beat us next time. We barely beat a horrible Seattle team that had no QB. Next game, they will beat us in Seattle. Minnesota is terrible and we can't beat them.

In the 80's & 90's, we were devastated by losses. We've become losers now, accepting defeat with a smile. That's pathetic. Ronnie Lott didn't cut off his finger for this kind of crap.

I can sense your bitterness, since no fan in their right mind would ever say the things you are saying. Take the week to cool off and think about reality. We have a 2-1 record, the best division record which will probably get even better next week. Seattle and Arizona will be hard-pressed to beat us. St. Louis? They have a better chance of getting the number one pick in the draft than winning a game against us. The 2009 Niners are for real and proved today that they are a force to be reckoned with.
Originally posted by Psinex:
You guys are kidding yourselves. We won't make the playoffs. Maybe next year, but this year...no. This team is not very good. Everyone around here has lowered our standards. The Niners of the 80's & 90's would've never been happy about losing.

You really don't think this team has a legit chance to win the NFC West? This team is one play away from 3-0. What the hell are you watching?

Same team you're watching. We barely beat a horrible AZ team that is starting to play better. They'll beat us next time. We barely beat a horrible Seattle team that had no QB. Next game, they will beat us in Seattle. Minnesota is terrible and we can't beat them.

In the 80's & 90's, we were devastated by losses. We've become losers now, accepting defeat with a smile. That's pathetic. Ronnie Lott didn't cut off his finger for this kind of crap.

I can sense your bitterness, since no fan in their right mind would ever say the things you are saying. Take the week to cool off and think about reality. We have a 2-1 record, the best division record which will probably get even better next week. Seattle and Arizona will be hard-pressed to beat us. St. Louis? They have a better chance of getting the number one pick in the draft than winning a game against us. The 2009 Niners are for real and proved today that they are a force to be reckoned with.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong...honestly.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Everybody who is somebody (that would be other teams) is going to lokk at this and see it for what it is....we went into a very good teams, on their opener, in a dome (loud), an early game and for all intents and purposes to them, we won. They aren't going to look at this as a loss, they are going to look at and go "s**t, these guys are tough, they are going to fight like hell no matter what, they did all that and it came down to one play that could have gone either way with those tough f**ker's the vikings, in their house, on their opener we better bring our A game, these guys are good, real good."
[ Edited by Blitz on Sep 27, 2009 at 2:46 PM ]
This game showed ME personally that if we had at least a DECENT, semi- DECENT offense we would be a serious contender. Were gonna make the playoffs because of our defense IMO, but we cant get a first down to save our lives. 1st round exit
Originally posted by Envy:
In part I agree with you. More teams will certainly credit us with being a team on the rise but the way we played out the last 4 minutes was Nolanesque.

yep.. should have stayed with the same 3rd and long defensive scheme we were using we had been using all game..

On balance though I agree with the orginal poster, that the 49ers served notice to the rest of the NFL.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
This game showed ME personally that if we had at least a DECENT, semi- DECENT offense we would be a serious contender. Were gonna make the playoffs because of our defense IMO, but we cant get a first down to save our lives. 1st round exit

An accurate rocket arm would do wonder's for this team. Man I hope Davis has enough in him to beat out Hill next year. Nothing against Hill, and his play does make it more difficult for Davis to win the starting the job, whci is a good thing, and basically means that if Davis can beat him out, we are likely taking a big jump, talent wise, offensively.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
The NFL can keep it's respect.

We're the effin' 49ers. We made and earned our pride.

A horrible Az team? That same AZ team beat the 1-2 jaguars. besides we match up very well with the cardinals.

Minnesota team that is terrible? They have a gread D-line and the leagues best Rb who we held under a 100 yds. so i really don't think we're watching the same games.

Hondakillerzx I'm with you. If they knew Frank was not 100 percent then they should have gone with Coffee from the get go. That being said it was not the reason we lost as the game was still winnable at the end. However, I believe had we had Crabtree we would have won convincingly today. I sure hopes he comes in soon. His presence will open things up for the running game I am sure. This loss hurts a lot but if we can play like this for the full 16 games, I am sure we can win at least 10 of them and make the playoffs. Go NINERS!

Oh please! A lot of you guys know that you care about the respect that we may receive. You are the same people that complain when power rankings and the media rank us at the bottom!
f**k respect! I hate moral victories... I WANTED THE WIN!!!
The NFL didn't respect us after we went and beat the NFC Champs in their own home. So I doubt we get much respect from the NFL mediots after a loss. The "story" will be Farve's td not the Niners effort in a loss.
if the nfl respect us, then the ref would of never called such dirty play. for example spence was "taunting" that gave the viking 15 yards. my oppinion, we did not ear any respect from the nfl. maybe if crabtree was in the 49ers, the nfl would of respected us a little
Share 49ersWebzone