There are 235 users in the forums

Brandon Jones Back!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hope to see him in as a slot receiver, we can beat their secondary IMO, Cedric Griffin will have troubles with Bruce and Morgan could be effective against Winfield in short yardage situations, but it's Vernon Davis who I wanna see do some damage as a receiver, but it would be a bonus if Brandon Jones can get downfield and make some plays.

Man I'm fired up, lets get it going already
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Big whup.

Til Hill can show that he can distribute the ball better we could have GOAT back in the mix and it would be the same as it has been over the last two games.

~Ceadder

Very valid point. Even though a win is a win, it'd be nice to see the ball go to someone other than Bruce (as far as wide receivers). Also, Jones was getting deep in camp, so I'd like to see that too. Anything to further illustrate to you-know-who that we don't need him as much as he may believe, esp if our receivedrs, any of 'em, but esp Jones, have a good game. And please, someone besides Gore score a TD!

Ask yourself this....would you rather be Marino and have no SB ring, or be Trent Dilfer and have a SB ring?

Marino cause HOF trumps Superbowl IMHO, he makes way more money, got to act with Jim Carey and kiss Sean Young when she was still hot, and also because Dilfer is one homely SOB.

Even Dan has said he's trade the HOF for a ring.
So, who is inactive on gameday now that Jones is back?
Is Jones back? is he playing for real? Man we need a deep threat our receivers are struggling.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Just cause she had balls doesn't make her a bad person.

Hahahahaha in all seriousness though, I'd actually do Sean Young to this day, but if I could pick any Sean Young in particular it'd either be replicant Sean Young (from Blade Runner) or yuppie 80's milf Sean Young (from Wallstreet).

Mmmm yuppie 80's babes... mhmhmhmhmhm oh yeah.

Bladerunner Young, no question!
When is this guy going to start getting more reps? I feel like he is never on the field... Our current WRs just aren't cutting it
I remember reading all the reports of Brandon Jones during minicamps being our best WR. What's funny is that the QB in each of these situations was Alex Smith. Not funny is that Brandon Jones has not even got a single minute on the field when our offense f**kING SUCKS BALLS. Same with Jason Hill. SOMETHING has to give.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
When is this guy going to start getting more reps? I feel like he is never on the field... Our current WRs just aren't cutting it

He played and was open on a deep pass but hill did not hit him.
Originally posted by E-49er:

I saw that, but how many plays did he even play? ARe they slowly working him in still?

I saw that, but how many plays did he even play? ARe they slowly working him in still?

Very slowly because I think Jason Hill played more than Jones. I don't know if Jones is just rusty and fell so behind and that is why he is not getting more reps or if he is not that good or is he another guy who is in Jerry Sullivan's doghouse? Remember Sullivan was not crazy about the 49ers signing him....

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Very slowly because I think Jason Hill played more than Jones. I don't know if Jones is just rusty and fell so behind and that is why he is not getting more reps or if he is not that good or is he another guy who is in Jerry Sullivan's doghouse? Remember Sullivan was not crazy about the 49ers signing him....

Sullivan has done crap since he has been here. An underchievement for the self proclaimed person responisbile for LArry fitzgerald and Anquan boldin's greatness.Sullivan better not be pulling a Lelie on Brandon Jones!!
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Sullivan has done crap since he has been here. An underchievement for the self proclaimed person responisbile for LArry fitzgerald and Anquan boldin's greatness.Sullivan better not be pulling a Lelie on Brandon Jones!!

I agree! We need to fire Sullivan and offer the job to Jerry Rice if he doesn't want it give it to Chris Carter or John Taylor. We payed Jones good money, he was activated 2 weeks ago and has played what 5-6 plays these last 2 weeks combined. We really need to cut Spurlock, sit Bruce more and play Jones alot vs. Houston and Crabtree in spots.
I noticed him on the field once, Hill had either under or overthrown him
Over the bye we need to find a way to get him involved in the offense. I feel he could be the crucial element of explosiveness that we lack.
We targeted him ONCE since hes back. Something is wrong here.
Share 49ersWebzone