LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Jimmy Raye said we are still going to use the "Taser"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
what are you guys b***hing about? we ran it a couple of times and it didnt work that well, so what? you guys make it seem like every other play we run works every single time... sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont.

So people, you do realize that this isn't the first season we have tried the wildcat, right?

We have used it several times over the last 3 years or so, and...

EVERY SINGLE PLAY has been a disaster or near disaster.

I challenge anyone to look back through the gamebooks and tell me a time when this garbage play gave us more than five yards. In fact, I'd bet anything that all of these plays combined have resulted in a NET LOSS for our team over the last several years.

Can you imagine a worse play than that?

A NET LOSS.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
what are you guys b***hing about? we ran it a couple of times and it didnt work that well, so what? you guys make it seem like every other play we run works every single time... sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont.

So people, you do realize that this isn't the first season we have tried the wildcat, right?

I challenge anyone to look back through the gamebooks and tell me a time when this garbage play gave us more than five yards. In fact, I'd bet anything that all of these plays combined have resulted in a NET LOSS for our team over the last several years.

A NET LOSS.

Hell, we even did it in the late 80's/early 90's and it never worked! Brent Jones was talking about it on KNBR earlier this week, about how worthless it was!

It's a stupid gimmick everybody figures out before the snap even happens, and Jimmy Raye should know better. -What's even funnier is that when we put the WC out there in the Stick last Sunday the crowd was booing like mad! -The kind of boos you get on Madden when you play on 4th and 20 in the first quarter.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

A NET LOSS.

Hell, we even did it in the late 80's/early 90's and it never worked! Brent Jones was talking about it on KNBR earlier this week, about how worthless it was!

It's a stupid gimmick everybody figures out before the snap even happens, and Jimmy Raye should know better. -What's even funnier is that when we put the WC out there in the Stick last Sunday the crowd was booing like mad! -The kind of boos you get on Madden when you play on 4th and 20 in the first quarter.

Geeez no wonder Sheattle sniffed it out both times.
lol

~Ceadder
  • B650
  • Veteran
I remember in '97 they ran a reverse to Jerry Rice in the opener against Tampa Bay. That didn't work out so well. We lost yardage on the play and Rice for the year (he did end up actually playing some at the end of the year).

For some reason though, the play hasn't been completely eliminated from the playbook. I wonder why? Maybe it's because the play might actually be useful. It could actually work one day, and it gives the other team something to think about.

I'm not quite ready to give up on this yet. I just want it to be used at the right times. Maybe 1st and 5, 2nd and 1, or something like that, not 3rd and 20.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont care if the taser starts working, i will never like it. It stupid and will be out the league in 2 years

Was kind of funny watching Miami last Monday, and seeing them look so amazing running the ball with the Wildcat...and then losing the game because they can't throw the ball in a 2 minute offense.

Miami was very successful running the wildcat though. Why? They have a dominant offensive line that gets the push, even over Indy's defense. Once you line up in the WC, its a sellout of what you are about to do. We are not ready for this yet. We really cant dominate the line on offense. I say scrap this play for now.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

A NET LOSS.

We have used alot of other plays the past several years and it has not worked either, maybe we should just scrap our whole playbook. you guys are all jumping the gun, in the past 10 years, how many of these wild cat plays have we tried? i bet you no more than 10.

This is the NFL, more than half the plays dont work. I am sure if you put the right people in the right position and call the play at the right time, it will work, just like with any other offensive play. It's not so much that it doenst work, maybe its the fact that we havent made it work. Look at miami, they run it with ease all the time and they have no problems.
Share 49ersWebzone