There are 230 users in the forums

Jimmy Raye said we are still going to use the "Taser"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is a joke. He claimed that teams are going to have to gameplan against it. Gameplan against Shaun Hill lining up as a receiver and some guy named Michael Spurlock taking the snap? Why don't we just stick to what we do best? Pound the rock! Raye said that his system is "Hard Nosed football". Last time I checked, trying all this trickery isn't "Hard Nosed Football".
In the last game it looked like it was the 49ers that got tased when they ran that play.
Eventually the play is going to work and for that one moment you guys hating will look pretty silly.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Eventually the play is going to work and for that one moment you guys hating will look pretty silly.

Not really. If it takes "eventually" for it to work, that implies multiple failed attempts before then.

And btw, it isn't "hating". It is tough love.
[ Edited by djfullshred on Sep 25, 2009 at 12:51 PM ]
  • Mex49
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Maybe our time should be spent on the "pass play"
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Think about this. Even if the coaching staff wants to scrap the Taser/Wildcat formation from the playbook do you really want to let your opponents know? Why give them one less thing to prepare for?
Don't be mad if MRob takes the snap and throws a 60 yard TD to Josh Morgan!
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
I think Raye is hillarious!! He basically said he's going to keep running it to make teams waste their time preparring for it. He's just f--king with their coordinaters.
[ Edited by Nabisko on Sep 25, 2009 at 12:53 PM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:

So how is Madden 2010? MRob is that good as a passer in that game?
I hope we use it in better positions, not just third & long as a give up play.

I dont care if the taser starts working, i will never like it. It stupid and will be out the league in 2 years
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont care if the taser starts working, i will never like it. It stupid and will be out the league in 2 years

Was kind of funny watching Miami last Monday, and seeing them look so amazing running the ball with the Wildcat...and then losing the game because they can't throw the ball in a 2 minute offense.
Originally posted by djfullshred:

Kind of...but he can take the snap, throw a 20yd pass to a wide open Morgan, and let him take it to the house!!!!!!!! WOOOOT WOOOT!

Honestly I haven't bought Madden yet...not quite ready to invest $60 on the same game as last season. =(
Originally posted by djfullshred:

Kind of...but he can take the snap, throw a 20yd pass to a wide open Morgan, and let him take it to the house!!!!!!!! WOOOOT WOOOT!

Honestly I haven't bought Madden yet...not quite ready to invest $60 on the same game as last season. =(

I'm just kidding ya. MRob is a versatile guy, but I think a long TD pass from him in a gimmick play has a slim chance when the DBs see WRs running down the field. RAC could happen though.
I don't mind if they try it once or twice in a game. That play where Spurlock had VD wide open would've been a huge gain.

BUT DON'T RUN IT ON 3rd DOWN!
Share 49ersWebzone