There are 226 users in the forums

Jimmy Raye said we are still going to use the "Taser"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Don't be mad if MRob takes the snap and throws a 60 yard TD to Josh Morgan!

So how is Madden 2010? MRob is that good as a passer in that game?

Kind of...but he can take the snap, throw a 20yd pass to a wide open Morgan, and let him take it to the house!!!!!!!! WOOOOT WOOOT!

Honestly I haven't bought Madden yet...not quite ready to invest $60 on the same game as last season. =(

Its alot better and they made it more realistic. All the players went down on ratings and the play calling is alot more ligit. You don't have 50 players running around with a 95-99 rating.

Kind of...but he can take the snap, throw a 20yd pass to a wide open Morgan, and let him take it to the house!!!!!!!! WOOOOT WOOOT!

Honestly I haven't bought Madden yet...not quite ready to invest $60 on the same game as last season. =(

I'm just kidding ya. MRob is a versatile guy, but I think a long TD pass from him in a gimmick play has a slim chance when the DBs see WRs running down the field. RAC could happen though.

true indeed, I think Mrob is more of a threat in that formation that Spurlock is though...I mean....Mrob played QB, and he can run in between the tackles.....

but I'm betting it'll just be a fancy draw play...

I'm just kidding ya. MRob is a versatile guy, but I think a long TD pass from him in a gimmick play has a slim chance when the DBs see WRs running down the field. RAC could happen though.

true indeed, I think Mrob is more of a threat in that formation that Spurlock is though...I mean....Mrob played QB, and he can run in between the tackles.....

but I'm betting it'll just be a fancy draw play...

Spurlock played QB as well. MRob just played the position a little more recently than Spurlock has. I agree though, MRob should be the one taking the snap for the "Tazer"
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Esco:
Think about this. Even if the coaching staff wants to scrap the Taser/Wildcat formation from the playbook do you really want to let your opponents know? Why give them one less thing to prepare for?
Originally posted by Nabisko:

Its alot better and they made it more realistic. All the players went down on ratings and the play calling is alot more ligit. You don't have 50 players running around with a 95-99 rating.

But it can't be realistic, because Crabtree is in it!

hahha jk

Thx for the insight, I'll have to demo it now
Think about this. Even if the coaching staff wants to scrap the Taser/Wildcat formation from the playbook do you really want to let your opponents know? Why give them one less thing to prepare for?

Definitely a good point...although I'm not too sure if the Vikings are worried about this formation that has produced Epic Fail so far. hahaha...but you are right! It's something for them to think about.
I don't understand running a play such as this, when we don't exactly have an offensive identity (that actually works). Meaning, I can see if we were in some sort of rhythm with this emphasis on the run, a la Jacksonville from 2007, but we're not. Why run gadget plays when our basic offense isn't working?
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
This is a joke. He claimed that teams are going to have to gameplan against it. Gameplan against Shaun Hill lining up as a receiver and some guy named Michael Spurlock taking the snap? Why don't we just stick to what we do best? Pound the rock! Raye said that his system is "Hard Nosed football". Last time I checked, trying all this trickery isn't "Hard Nosed Football".

He claims that teams are going to have to game plan against it. But he really does not game plan it properly by not having the players practicing it. Hilarious!
what are you guys b***hing about? we ran it a couple of times and it didnt work that well, so what? you guys make it seem like every other play we run works every single time... sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont.
So long as it's 5 yds and under and not specifically used on 3rd down and with the RIGHT personnel(SPURLOCK?), I don't have a problem with it.

Miami ran the Wildcat for a couple full series without using Pennington and it worked successfully. The difference is that they used their best RBs' to do it.

*Note to Raye* if you even THINK of sending Spurlock on the field with Frank...

~Ceadder

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I hope the reason has looked so bad in both preseason and the regular season is due to not practicing it enough. If they can iron out the execution problems, I think it still has potential. I'm not ready to give up on it yet. If it still looks this bad after a couple more games though, I'll be changing my tune.
[ Edited by 49Crabs on Sep 25, 2009 at 8:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
what are you guys b***hing about? we ran it a couple of times and it didnt work that well, so what? you guys make it seem like every other play we run works every single time... sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont.

WTF!!!!

if a play doesn't work the first time tear it out of the damn playbook and burn the page!!!!! NEVER RUN IT AGAIN!!!

C'MON MAN!!!!!!!
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Eventually the play is going to work and for that one moment you guys hating will look pretty silly.

And eventually Shaun Hill will throw a TD farther then 7 yards, and you guys can laugh at me when it happens... until then though.
Originally posted by 49Crabs:
I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I hope the reason it's looked so bad in both preseason and the regular season is due to not practicing it enough. If they can iron out the execution problems, I think it still has potential. I'm not ready to give up on it yet. If it still looks this bad after a couple more games though, I'll be changing my tune.

You aren't in the minority. It's just that if you DON'T practice it, then you SHOULDN'T use it.

I know I'M in the minority (since I am all the time around here), but I think that we're all on pretty much the same page with this one because of Hostler and the "oh nevermind let's move on" attitude that he brought to practices. Defensively you can get away with that so long as everyone has done their film study and understands their playbook enough. But it will kill you on the Offensive side of the ball.

That and using the wrong personnel on the field to run the plays.

~Ceadder
I'd rather have MRob running the taser over Spurlock...........
Share 49ersWebzone