LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

49ers accuse Jets of Tampering *Updated*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by King49er:
another p***y move by a p***y franchise...
It's just politics...

By filing we told all the teams in the league that we are willing and capable of pulling the trigger if some one messes with our guys. We also did this to remove one of Crabs's options of who he could sign with. After he signed and started playing, we probably received word that we would not receive any reimbursement from the Jets (ie draft picks).

Politically it hurts us more if we pursue this knowing we are not going to get anything out of it. If the Jets lose a draft pick, other teams are going to be leery of working with us on trades and agents are going to be cautious because they don't want to get their name dragged through the mud.

By dropping the charges, we tell the league that this is a tool that we are willing to use; but, were not going to use it to hurt other teams or agents reputations if we don't have to. I'm shocked that Jed was mature enough to see this and had foresight enough to drop the charges so that it doesn't come back to bite us in the future.

As for us fans... Yeah, it kinda sucks; but, I honestly think that if we stuck to our guns, it would have hurt us for years to come.
[ Edited by D_Niner on Nov 24, 2009 at 4:24 PM ]
Originally posted by D_Niner:
It's just politics...

By filing we told all the teams in the league that we are willing and capable of pulling the trigger if some one messes with our guys. We also did this to remove one of Crabs's options of who he could sign with. After he signed and started playing, we probably received word that we would not receive any reimbursement from the Jets (ie draft picks).
Politically it hurts us more if we pursue this knowing we are not going to get anything out of it. If the Jets lose a draft pick, other teams are going to be leery of working with us on trades and agents are going to be cautious because they don't want to get their name dragged through the mud.

By dropping the charges, we tell the league that this is a tool that we are willing to use; but, were not going to use it to hurt other teams or agents reputations if we don't have to. I'm shocked that Jed was mature enough to see this and had foresight enough to drop the charges so that it doesn't come back to bite us in the future.

As for us fans... Yeah, it kinda sucks; but, I honestly think that if we stuck to our guns, it would have hurt us for years to come.

IMO I believe the Jets were guilty of it and we don't have enough pull to hear such a rumor as we were not going to get anything out of the deal. This was simply our owner bowing down to the league because of lack of balls and not wanting to get on Goodell's bad side. I really don't like this move because with an uncapped year coming around the corner we need as many high draft picks as we can get because I don't think many talented FA's will be headed to SF anytime soon.
We got crabs and he's a baller, who cares now
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
It's just politics...

IMO I believe the Jets were guilty of it and we don't have enough pull to hear such a rumor as we were not going to get anything out of the deal. This was simply our owner bowing down to the league because of lack of balls and not wanting to get on Goodell's bad side. I really don't like this move because with an uncapped year coming around the corner we need as many high draft picks as we can get because I don't think many talented FA's will be headed to SF anytime soon.

Oh yes, and it really concerns me within principle, whether or not we were going to obtain any sort of compensation a case like this would be a spit in the face to the NFL's image of draft legitimacy.

So you really have to wonder if the NFL urged us to drop it cause sloppy gangsters like Goodell would have done mostly anything within his power to destroy the evidence/cripple us if we were to stick with the investigation and exploit the illegitimacy of his product.
It's just politics...

Once Crabtree signed we were not going to pick up a high pick. The end.
Originally posted by English:
It's just politics...

So him missing half our season due to tampering isn't worth a hill of beans.
Originally posted by English:
It's just politics...

So him missing half our season due to tampering isn't worth a hill of beans.

Correct. Justice would lead to the Jets being fined picks by the NFL, but not to us being given them. Maybe we should have picked up a 5th at best.

The NFL should still pursue them (and won't).
our team gets the shaft once again.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
The Niners are going to go to the league to ask for funds in building the new stadium.

They don't want the Jets ownership pissed off at them blocking the release of any funds.

Since Crabtree did sign, (and for basically what we wanted), it'll even out.

J.E T. S

Jed

Estupid

Turkey

Syndrome
It's just politics...

Yes, an there's also a good chance that they offered us something under the table, perhaps a slightly better compensatory pick, help with the stadium, etc
I can't believe I'm a fan of this Mickey Mouse orginazation. If I had a choice I wouldn't be, but unfortanetly I can't kick the habit. It's like being in love with a girl thats sleeping around on you, it sucks.
We just like being the doormat of the league dont we?
Share 49ersWebzone