There are 419 users in the forums

49ers accuse Jets of Tampering *Updated*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can has eddie debartelo?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The Niners front office gets pushed around once again. sigh
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Everyone saying the 49ers have no balls, back bone, or are stupid for dropping the charges..

If the NFL suggest (tells you) to drop the charges, wtf do you want the 49ers to do?

Not drop the charges and get screwed?

True. We can't be sure what was agreed upon behind closed doors. They may have offered to give us a slightly better compensatory pick or maybe schedule a better game (eg Thanksgiving, etc). Or help us funding the new stadium, etc.

Remember, the only thing the Bears got out of the Briggs tampering case was to move up 5 spots in the 3rd round (not much). Even if the Jets were found guilty we basically get nothing out of it, they simply penalize the Jets, which doesn't help us. If we do get something behind the scenes, we could be better off. (However, if we indeed end up getting nothing, then York/McC are worthless dog crap).
another p***y move by a p***y franchise...
Jed is a little boy amongst men the Dorks should have sold the team to Larry Ellison they are gonna run us into the ground further which I thought was impossible.Seriously what the fu&* did we have to lose!
[ Edited by SF2AZNiner on Nov 24, 2009 at 12:11 AM ]
just a matter of time until some team tests us again. Jed just opened us up for it. Very disappointed in this news
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If they really thought they had something solid on them and they thought they could get a draft pick out of it, I'm sure they wouldn't have dropped the charges.
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Everyone saying the 49ers have no balls, back bone, or are stupid for dropping the charges..

If the NFL suggest (tells you) to drop the charges, wtf do you want the 49ers to do?

Not drop the charges and get screwed?

True. We can't be sure what was agreed upon behind closed doors. They may have offered to give us a slightly better compensatory pick or maybe schedule a better game (eg Thanksgiving, etc). Or help us funding the new stadium, etc.

Remember, the only thing the Bears got out of the Briggs tampering case was to move up 5 spots in the 3rd round (not much). Even if the Jets were found guilty we basically get nothing out of it, they simply penalize the Jets, which doesn't help us. If we do get something behind the scenes, we could be better off. (However, if we indeed end up getting nothing, then York/McC are worthless dog crap).

i was actually thinking the same thing as far as stadium money goes!! We still need the NFL and Goddell to put up money to help get that stadium deal done. If this case was strong i think we would have stuck to our guns and hopefully Jed spoke the Uncle Eddie about the situation an he maybe advised him to take the PR hit to get the stadium deal done in the future. of course if not JED YORK is a punk
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
lol at calling Jed York a p***y.

If you have insufficient evidence of tampering, then you have no choice but to drop the charges.

It's common sense people.
Originally posted by crzy:
lol at calling Jed York a p***y.

If you have insufficient evidence of tampering, then you have no choice but to drop the charges.

It's common sense people.

I really appreciate Jed's love for the game and desire to win, but the reality is we have no real or respected football people in our front office and we are outsiders. No one respects us, we have no ties or allegeince from anyone around the league. Before we win again one of two things needs to happen. Yorks need to sell the team (wont happen) or Jed needs to fire Scott and bring in a big money GM and give him full reign.
The owner got punked.
The Jets get away again - Dieon Branch, Brandon Marshall and now Michael Crabtree!
I read somewhere that you couldn't even file tampering charges unless you had some solid evidence?! WTF!!!!!

There is no question someone was filling Crabs with something!
  • hcniner64
  • Info N/A
I am completely pissed off about this. I mean we got screwed out of the lance briggs situation for really doing no damage. Briggs did not miss any game time or anything.

We missed out on having crabtree in training camp and the first few games. I know crabtree is a stud and is our real deal #1 reciever, but come on. Imagine how good crabtree would be right now if he had training camp and a few more games experience? The thought is scary.

So lets see minor formalities and we lose picks. Jets screw us out of time we will never get back with our stud wr, nothing happens.

I am royally pissed off at this, is anyone else?
Share 49ersWebzone