There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Over the top...Hill to Morgan, Bruce, Davis

Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Well lookity here.... once again, Valrod33, the very first person attempting to take some one else's thread post "off-subject".

Is anyone surprised?

COOOOOOOOOOOOLLDDD BLOODDEEDDDDD
Originally posted by Method:

Well lookity here.... once again, Valrod33, the very first person attempting to take some one else's thread post "off-subject".

Is anyone surprised?

COOOOOOOOOOOOLLDDD BLOODDEEDDDDD

UNITYYYYYY
  • superkev49
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
.... or any of our WR's or TE's going deep down the field on the very first offensive play!

Hope in the Vikings game , but don't care any game.

Enough already with the "very first offensive play" of almost every offensive series being a run.

Let the opposing defense know you can and will try deep, mix it up a bit more. Put the defense on their heals do something the defense thinks you won't or can't do.

It is not every game, Frank Gore going to pop a 80 yard run on the first offensive snap with 8 men in the box.

Obviously I agree! Raye opened up the offense more the second game. Perhaps now he'll open it up even more this week. How about a shot gun formation? A post route? An audible out of a run to a pass when they stack 9 men in the box. Raye's offensive calls are ALL predetermined. If the defense adjusts, we're screwed! And that's why we got owned against the Cards and why we've given up 8 sacks in two games and something like 20 other pressures.

We were in shotgun 18 times against AZ and 14 times vs Seattle... just FYI.

I think the point I don't like is that he always runs in running situations and always passes in passing situations. Going shotgun isn't evidence of opening up a playbook. If, when I'm sat watching the game, I can correctly guess run or pass 85% of the time before the snap then the proper opposition coaches can guess it 85%+ and that's NOT GOOD! Would be great to see us pass deep on 1st down or at least mix it up a bit. Don't rate Jimmy Raye one bit.
  • Danoschar1
  • Info N/A
Definitely agree - screw the run the set up the pass. We are a better rushing team, so therefore it works the other way round. Pass, to set up the run.

That clip is a British guy called Bill Bailey, from the programme - Never Mind the Buzzcocks. And it is uber funny

Is anyone surprised?

Well Lookity here, its another BigMar thought of the hour thread.

Dude this could have easily gone in the 9ers vs Vikings gameday thread,or even this thread http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=130157 we dont need a new thread everytime you think of something
[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 24, 2009 at 9:37 AM ]

Is anyone surprised?

Dude this could have easily gone in the 9ers vs Vikings gameday thread,or even this thread http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=130157 we dont need a new thread everytime you think of something

You said "we don't need".... when clearly you mean YOU.

Unless "you speak" for the whole board.
Can they at least attempt a pass over 50 yards? Might actually get a PI or something
Originally posted by lamontb:
Can they at least attempt a pass over 50 yards? Might actually get a PI or something

Um...

Is anyone surprised?

i don't need it

jus sayin
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Is anyone surprised?

i don't need it

jus sayin
  • B650
  • Veteran
I think valrod33 just wants to be valmod33. That is all.
[ Edited by B650 on Sep 24, 2009 at 11:40 AM ]
Originally posted by B650:

no its valrod33, plus your name cant be changed until you are a veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Is anyone surprised?

i don't need it

jus sayin

Well considering I'd be the fourth person to reiterate this sentiment, I would say that he did in fact mean "we." Val has a pretty good point actually.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Sep 24, 2009 at 12:21 PM ]
Originally posted by B650:

Hummmmm

Courtesy of billybonka