LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Peterson gunning for Willis?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
talk about no class, he should have said Willis #1 and Himself #2... its just what u do.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Hell Yea! Let's hope that happens about 20 to 25 times this Sunday.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:

Hell Yea! Let's hope that happens about 20 to 25 times this Sunday.

Any other running back and thats an injury. Clash of the Titans this sunday.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

I can watch this gif over and over again.

-9fA

Hell yes.

I LOVE that AP wants a piece of Willis. It's the best RB in the business vs. the best MLB. It doesn't get any better than this.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
OMG, is Peterson freaking crazy?

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/09/bad-memory-pete.html?mi_rss=49ers%20Blog%20and%20Q%26A

nope

just a football player, a really good one at that

wants to play against p.willy to bring out the best in himself.

There is no denying that Peterson is an above average player, but of all people to call out, why Willis? I am going to love watching Willis lay him out.

Willis is at the top of his game and AP wants a challenge. I have no problem with that.

If AP was being a d*ck about it, thats another story, but AP wants to go against the best.
This is the type of thing that gets me so hyped up that I almost cant sleep till Sunday!!

I love it! This is what its all about!

These guys are so eager to get at each other that they are probably working as hard as they can this week! They're the best at what they do and these teams will feed off their energies!

Come on Willis! Show the league why respect needs to be paid to the 49ers!

This game is huge! I can only imagine the confidence the team will build if they beat the Vikings on the road, in a hostile environment, against arguably the best RB in the league, and against arguably the best Defense in the league.

Go Niners!! Lets get em!! 15 Tackles Willis; Gore 110 and TD
The greatest competitors do not fear other great competitors. They respect them, and look forward to meeting them in battle. That's all that is happening, a great RB looking forward to meeting a great LB in battle. And, meet in battle they will.
Originally posted by PersonalFoul:

against arguably the best RB in the league, and against arguably the best Defense in the league.

1. Peterson is not "arguably" the best RB in the league, he IS the best RB in the league.

2. The Vikings defense is not even close to being the best defense in the league. They've been great against the run the last few years, but so far this season they've been average on defense against two atrocious teams.
Originally posted by doodle:
AP is a class act, the title is misleading. It's reasonable that he'd be looking forward to this since he got shut down the last time we played.

Yea you are probably right but doesn't this make this showdown with the vikes much more interesting? Actually I think Favre is in more danger of getting his clock cleaned knowing our history with old Brett.

I hope he does
Willis owned Peterson in the first game, and now Peterson feels he has something to prove. The great thing is that the game is going to be played and we'll all know who's the best by the end of Sunday afternoon. I wouldn't be too surprised if Peterson doesn't have much more than a mediocre day.

Peterson is gonna rape us
Peterson is faster, stronger and all around better than 2007 we need to be careful
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Peterson is faster, stronger and all around better than 2007 we need to be careful

So is Willis.

But seriously Peterson is a hell of a running back, we cant stop him we can only hope to contain him.

The Vikings have played very safe, I think Hill as more yards and passing attempts compared to Favre. So either his shoulder is still bugging him, or he doesnt know all the offense yet.

I think Peterson will get his 100 yards the key is to not let him break any huge runs.

We need to have Favre dropping back in 3rd and long situations and get pressure on the guy see if we can force him into turnovers
[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 24, 2009 at 10:13 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

So is Willis.

But seriously Peterson is a hell of a running back, we cant stop him we can only hope to contain him.

The Vikings have played very safe, I think Hill as more yards and passing attempts compared to Favre. So either his shoulder is still bugging him, or he doesnt know all the offense yet.

I think Peterson will get his 100 yards the key is to not let him break any huge runs.

We need to have Favre having to drop back in 3rd and long situations and get pressure on the guy see if we can force him into turnovers

Yeah he will deff get his yards...Just hope he doesnt get TDs
Does anybody else actually remember the last time we played MN? I do. The question isn't how well we defend against AP, it's how hard do we play when he is on the sideline? In 2007 we lost because we took a play off because AP wasn't in the game. And what happened that play? Oh yea, Chester Taylor ripped off a 60 some yard run to the left side to seal a MN win. This is what worries me.

We are 2-0 since I bought Willis' jersey and I will be wearing it to the game on sunday. So lets make it 3-0. GO 9ERS.
Share 49ersWebzone