There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL Network Just Ranked Us

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by job2436:
I'm glad to finally see us ranked ahead of a sorry ass Cowgirl, Lambs and Seachickens team!!!! But....I'd also like to start seeing our WR's make more of a contribution to the offense and not just 50 yr old Bruce, EVERYONE. Who agrees???

I agree, our passing game isn't hitting on all cylinders right now. If we are going to scare teams, we have to make them defend the whole field. Sooner or later we will have to open it up. Whatever became of Morgan?? He has been a non-factor so far.

We won't go far on just a good, if not great Defense and Gore..

But it sure is nice that we have returned to the top 10!!!!


The o line and Hill happened to the receivers.
  • marls
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 210
I had someone say to me today..."your a 9ers fan? Jumping on the bandwaggon huh?" I couldn't believe it. It's been a tough few years, ever since the playoff comeback against the Giants, we've been terrible. Let's hope they are for real this year, I have a feelin'! Still rollin'... go 49ers!
  • marls
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 210
Originally posted by marls:
I had someone say to me today..."your a 9ers fan? Jumping on the bandwaggon huh?" I couldn't believe it. It's been a tough few years, ever since the playoff comeback against the Giants, we've been terrible. Let's hope they are for real this year, I have a feelin'! Still rollin'... go 49ers!

We're just going to get better too as the season goes on.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,216
I love football season.

It seems each week there's a HUGE reason for me to look forward to the game and Sunday is the biggest yet.

If we can win, in Minny, vs Brett Favre, in their home opener and move to 3-0, the nation will have to take BIG notice of us and, this time, we will have deserved it. We have to be considered one of the better teams in the NFC if we can knock off two playoff teams at their house. But the season is still oh so early.

It would be our biggest win imo since 02. It's a great test and we'll truly see where our team is after a couple of good wins.

But damn it's not gonna be easy. This game will test us in every way possible and I hope we're up to the task. Playing around and making stupid mistakes wont win us anything in Minny.

If we win this and then it'll prove to me that we're getting better and we're getting better to the point that we can be in the playoffs. Its a very exciting prospect for me.

I love this game.
I know everyone was calling last week the GPS game. But I think this is the real GPS game against the Vikings. We know we can beat any team in our division, and that gives us a real good shot to win the west. But we need to see how we stack up against other good NFC teams, and this is our first test. If we win, or even just play them tough, I think we'll know this team can win the division.

Looking forward to reading all the power rankings after we shut down Peterson and Favre and beat the Vikings.
It's nice but i agree,i'd probably have us closer to the ESPN ranking of 13 unless we win Sunday or play a hell of a close game then maybe we are deserving.
too be honest i think 9th is a little high but espn rank of 13 is spot on
Can't wait to see what we do this weekend!
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by job2436:
I'm glad to finally see us ranked ahead of a sorry ass Cowgirl, Lambs and Seachickens team!!!! But....I'd also like to start seeing our WR's make more of a contribution to the offense and not just 50 yr old Bruce, EVERYONE. Who agrees???

I agree, our passing game isn't hitting on all cylinders right now. If we are going to scare teams, we have to make them defend the whole field. Sooner or later we will have to open it up. Whatever became of Morgan?? He has been a non-factor so far.

We won't go far on just a good, if not great Defense and Gore..

But it sure is nice that we have returned to the top 10!!!!



Hill just isn't finding him and he's been open several times.Instead Hill just keeps looking for Bruce even when he's double teamed.

Morgan had ZERO catches last Sunday and that is just unacceptable.Hill needs to start doing a better job of playing the whole field

My question to the OC is why aren't you dialing up deep routes for Morgan and Davis who have more speed than Bruce???
FootballOutsiders.com is an interesting site because their rankings are entirely statistical. This week they rank us 18th overall, 27th for offense, 8th for defense and 4th for special teams.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,155
It's hard to rate this team right now. The win over a banged up Seattle team that has a history of not being able to stop the run, is nothing special.

However, seeing what AZ did on Sunday after losing to SF makes that first game look more impressive.

The Minne game will tell a lot.

I feel like the 49ers are a middle-of-the-pack team right now. Hence, the ESPN number is about right. I expect a loss at Minne and a drop to #18 or so, which is where I see them overall.

Just me thinking to much again...
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
too be honest i think 9th is a little high but espn rank of 13 is spot on

agreed, but i'll take the respect.
If we beat the Vikes we'll be ranked in the top ten. Then we'll handle the Rams at home and be 3-0 in the division and ESPN will have us ranked 6 or 7. Then we'll knock off the Falcons and be top 3 easy. Then it's just a matter of whooping the Texans and Colts in their house and we'll be a lock to win the Superbowl.

If we win this weekend watch all the folks jump on the Niners Crotch.... I mean Bandwagon
I think the defense is the key to the season and the future of this team. I can't imagine what Raye's play calling will be like once we are down double digits for the first time this season.

That will be interesting, but its up to the defense to make sure that doesn't (or rarely) happens.