There are 183 users in the forums

About Shaun Hills Low Passing numbers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You can win SBs and be sucsessful without throwing 3 TDs a game.

Did you know that Troy Aikman only threw for over 20 TDs one time in his career? I say this because we have some fans that are down on Hill for not throwing a bunch of TD passes. You can win SBs and be sucsessful without throwing 3 TDs a game. Playing good defense and not turning the ball over is a proven winning formula.

There is that stat floating around that if you win the TO battle you win 70% of your games. Thats pretty clear cut and you cant argue with the numbers.

I have bought in to what the Niners are trying to do and better yet it fits our personel. Lets face it we dont have Rice and Taylor to go to anymore.

We are Finally playing to our teams strengths and I for one am happy about it. Everyone jokes about Hills arm strength yet they expect him to throw for 300 yds every game. It just doesnt make any sense. Thats not his game!
I agree! I didn't know that stat about Aikman how the hell is he in the hall of fame then?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I agree! I didn't know that stat about Aikman how the hell is he in the hall of fame then?

cuz hes white
Originally posted by valrod33:

cuz hes white

Yes!!!!! I was hoping someone would make this an race issue! I mean seriously thats the only reason Akili Smith isn't in the hall of fame.
  • Silky
  • Veteran

cuz hes white

That, and he was on the Cowboys
Originally posted by OX49er253:

cuz hes white

Yes!!!!! I was hoping someone would make this an race issue! I mean seriously thats the only reason Akili Smith isn't in the hall of fame.

exactly.

I bet they put Brett Favre in before they put Andre Ware in, and thats a damn shame
  • dman
  • Veteran
I just can't see Shaun Hill winning any Super Bowls.
Originally posted by OX49er253:

cuz hes white

exactly.

I bet they put Brett Favre in before they put Andre Ware in, and thats a damn shame

A Damn shame my brother....a damn shame. But on a random side note....did anyone see the hit that my hero Brian Jennings put on that returner last game. F*N sweet, I don't suppose anyone has a .gif of that or anything?
Originally posted by dman:

maybe, but did anyone see Dilfer of all people winning one, and Hill is 100 times better IMO than Dilfer. So anythings possible.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

maybe, but did anyone see Dilfer of all people winning one, and Hill is 100 times better IMO than Dilfer. So anythings possible.

Wow.

Cool for one guy but not the other! Woohoo!
What's not surprising is that Hill is ranked 24th in pass ATTEMPTS. That speaks to a very conservative offense? Can he pass more? Of course...he was on pace to throw for over 4,100 yards last year. He only started 8 games and finished the year ranked 12th in the entire league. Had he played a whole year, even under Martz's pared-down offense, he would have been 4th in total yards.

24 Shaun Hill SF 57
25 Trent Edwards 56
25 Carson Palmer 56
25 Tony Romo 56
28 Matt Hasselbeck 54
28 JaMarcus Russell 54
30 Mark Sanchez 53
31 Brett Favre 48
32 Matt Cassel 39

So what's changed? I'd have to say our philosophy and an old-school OC who doesn't understand Hill's abilities/strengths yet.

What's interesting is that some of these players on this list are/were injured or also have good/great defenses and rely mostly on the run. Hill is proving he can play in a wide-open offense such as Martz and a very conservative offense in Raye.

I think some of you need to back off, get perspective and realize Hill is only doing what he's coached and that is to manage games and not lose them. Period. Two weeks in a row now, when he is turned loose, he leads us to winning but ONLY when given the chance - there are no audibles in this offense. It's ALL Raye!

For all you that don't get this, Aikman won 3 superbowls, that is plenty to get you into the Hall. I do not care if Shaun throws one td this year as long as he can make a play every once in awhile to keep the defenses honest, cause everyone doesn't have as s**tty a run D as the she hawks.
  • dman
  • Veteran

Really?

Lets just agree to disagree on that one.

Really?

Lets just agree to disagree on that one.

I am with you, even though AB83 is unquestionably one of the better posters on this site. Shaun Hill = Trent Dilfer in his prime.
Share 49ersWebzone